Lifetime Cash Back:

ShareBuilder $200 Bonus

4 of 7
GreedyEbayerApprentice
6/19/12 12:50 PM
invisible said:   

invisible said:   

snork615 said:   

One bonus per customer's lifetime. New accounts only, per individualized e-mail back from Customer Service.

... action postpone until someone can find a way to go from main site to http://www.sharebuilder.com/em/june200 w/o external link
Surprised not being discussed over at the 'other' deal site ...

NO Email Needed. Mission Accomplished !

Found a way out that will likely work for many. Very verbose steps:

1. Go to OP's deal link. Then click on RHS on invest & get $200 bonus link. From there instead of applying, first initiate online chat with sharebuilder CSR. You need to do this for chat as normal site only has has phone/email options as far as I could see
2. tell you are exploring brokerages as you are interested in investing $10K or more and checking if any promotions are active that you can use, as many other brokerages have $200 to $300 deals going on (vary the theme) for large investments
3. they may say none or refer you to $100 or $50 promos
4. slip in the deal link from OP to ask if this is applicable that you found elsewhere
5. most likely they will say yes right away, or check internally and come back to say yes go ahead!
6. ask if you can have them create a reference number of this chat to reference in case of any issues.
7. Note this number, format is SB-XXXXXXXX where X's are an 8 digit #. Save PDF of the chat.
8. apply from the OP's link fearlessly !

The last step #6 is Crucial, #2 is essential in lieu of just cold asking if 200 promo link works as MrMBS did.

So in 4 2 brand new accts w/no prior history, opened both accts mid-late last week, already got $200/each )

After acct opening got quick confirmation of the promo being active on the account as well. In fact got twice, and then notification on deposit

Maybe they are desperate...
Maybe you do not even need the chat...
Maybe it will all work out as is...
But why take a chance....
This was easy 200/acct

Everyone doing same steps may make them suspicious once each chat person gets multiples of these so vary the theme! After all I did not have to say anything untrue, did invest $10k and may even keep the acct now that they were so straight forward and use them for the intended purpose to trade away ...

Green to ShareBuilder ! Thanks to OP !!

Are they identifying/matching the bonus by email id?
invisible
6/19/12 12:56 PM
You missed the point. I never received any email.

<sigh>
MrMBS
6/19/12 1:58 PM
Thanks, invisible. I'm in the process of trying this, and I have my chat saved as a PDF as backup, along with the reference number just in case. We'll see what happens after my deposit goes through.
GreedyEbayerApprentice
6/19/12 2:47 PM
invisible said:   

<sigh>

I understood your point, but once you had the chat, did they make anything linked to your email with which you started the chat.

Did you use the same email to create your account that you provided at the time of chat.
invisible
6/19/12 3:00 PM
MrMBS said:   

Thanks, invisible. I'm in the process of trying this, and I have my chat saved as a PDF as backup, along with the reference number just in case. We'll see what happens after my deposit goes through.

MrMBS your chat gave me the idea, so thanks to you too !

In separate chat also confirmed w/ref# that ok to take out $10K but bonus $200 needs to be left in for 120 days, and that otherwise no fees or min balance apply-- calendared final w/d date already

BTW anyone else had their posts go into pending in this thread ? Mod says keyword was "reference" or "refer" -- of course that means this one will be reviewed
invisible
6/19/12 3:14 PM
GreedyEbayerApprentice said:   

invisible said:   

<sigh>

I understood your point, but once you had the chat, did they make anything linked to your email with which you started the chat.

Did you use the same email to create your account that you provided at the time of chat.

No email mentioned within chat but provided at start of chat.

Not sure they connected those two or not, hard to tell but better to be safe and use the same email to open acct.

In fact prior to chat tried emailing CSR previous day with same question/link to which they had responded negatively saying no offers (email reply came after said chat, lol!)
MrMBS
6/19/12 3:19 PM
Not long after my chat session and signing up, I also received an email with the subject "Your Promotion Code has been Accepted", so that may be a good sign.

By the way, invisible, I also had the same problem with my post going into moderation. It must have been the word/words you mentioned because your response to me didn't show up until after I posted the message above, so I edited this post to avoid double posting.
lokimoki
6/20/12 1:29 AM
Anyone apply for options and/or margin and get a hard pull? Customer service was not clear on this.
MrMBS
6/20/12 8:01 AM
They told me that applying for a margin would be a hard pull. I didn't specifically ask about options. The regular account is a soft pull according to the reps and reports from other sites.
lokimoki
6/20/12 10:23 AM
MrMBS said:   

They told me that applying for a margin would be a hard pull. I didn't specifically ask about options. The regular account is a soft pull according to the reps and reports from other sites.

Yes, it seems that margin is a hard pull but not options.
4 of 7
Please select a reason for your RED vote:

You may be contacted via Private Message during the investigation of this issue.