ShareBuilder $200 Bonus

Archived From: Finance
  • Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
I tried to open one but imediately got the review(I have a lot of invidual,joint and custodial accounts).About 20 minutes later, my account was opened but get this message for the new account("It has been noted that you have opened multiple accounts, with identical registration information. We have restricted from activity all but the first of such identical accounts. Future identical accounts will be likewise restricted.").
I cannot desposit or withdraw anything. It looks like since CapitalOne take charge of ing,all the rules are changed. Before that,I can always open tons of new accounts in my existing account.

Additional information about your message

It has been noted that you recently opened multiple accounts with identical registration information.

We have restricted from activity all but the first of such identical accounts. We are closing these additional accounts under the provisions of Section 11 of the Account Agreement. Future identical accounts will be likewise restricted.

IMPORTANT: If you have already placed funds in your account, they will be returned to the bank of origin after the normal hold period. If you funded your account with a check, funds will be sent by check to the address of record on the account. If there were securities purchased, those trades will be cancelled.

Anyone successful to open one after closing all the account first?

snowshine said:   Anyone successful to open one after closing all the account first?

This deal is YMMV for some of us with legacy accounts. I had four dormant accounts opened for the $50-$75 promos months/years back. I closed them all months ago but each stayed in my profile. I had to ask the CSRs to manually remove each one and finally they came off, all except one. But my profile is somehow flagged so that *no* promo codes are accepted even to that account. I just had it closed so I can apply for this promo. As of now when I try to enter the code while logged in, a msg says:

"The Promotion Code you provided cannot be entered for this account, because this promotion or a related promotion has already been entered for another account belonging to this account holder."

I'm not sure how others are able to keep opening multiple accounts and not have this problem

I think you should also close the last one

So the bottom line is that if someone has multiple accounts already, he/she had better not open this one, correct?

The bonus posted for me and to my knowledge I did not receive any offer from them for this. After I opened the account I messaged them to be sure that the promotion was attached to the account and got a reply that is was and the bonus would post in a week after the 10000 was deposited. I would say anyone should try it since you have nothing to lose. I left the money in the account for half a day and still qualified.

I got the $200 posted on tuesday. Anyone knows when ican withdraw my original $10000?

adodotnet said:   I got the $200 posted on tuesday. Anyone knows when ican withdraw my original $10000?

I withdrew mine as soon as the $200 posted. I think you can do the same.

The $200 posted for me today. Thanks again, invisible.

There is still time for others to take advantage using the method invisible outlined (remember to vary the story). But chances are, even after the 6/30 deadline for this promo code, there will be another one created for July, so using the same method should work for anyone that held off on this.

"It's official, you've been hosed."

Thanks for getting back in touch. You previously have received account opening bonuses for $50 in 2008, $70 in 2009, and $50 in 2010, and wouldn't be eligible for additional account opening bonuses. You're of course welcome to open additional accounts if you're looking to invest, but account opening bonus codes will no longer work on your profile.

Re: withdrawal/deposit -- you can link one external checking account + one ING bank account. You can't initiate transfers using an external bank.

Additional note: funds can only be withdrawn to source account if using ACH.

Also: no beneficiary accounts (TOD/POD) allowed.

Getting another $100 for full ACAT account transfer from my idle optionsxpress.com account from last year's deal, MINUS the $50 fee for outgoing ACAT transfer = $50

Just had to increase balance to 500+ before the transfer: http://content.sharebuilder.com/mgdcon/jump/consumer/transfer/in...

Note that bonus will be held for 180days. Not a problem ...so in 4 2 x $50

Many here may have idle accounts from optionshouse or optionsxpress from last year's wonderful deals, so put them to good use folks !

if I have taken the $200 promotion, can I also take the $76 promotion for june 30 - july 3rd independence day dale?
it only says new account, but not new customers
link

No, it probably won't work. It also says "Limit one ShareBuilder account bonus per unique customer or custodial beneficiary."

Got my $200 bonus the other day. This was really easy, surprisingly

I already have 3 Individual Sharebuilder accounts, so I couldn't do this easy $200 bonus...

But I did just get a targeted bonus offer in the mail. It is a $125 bonus if I deposit $25k into an existing Sharebuilder account. I think it just needs to sit there for a day and I can pull it out. Anyone else get that one recently?

ungar2000 said:   I already have 3 Individual Sharebuilder accounts, so I couldn't do this easy $200 bonus...

But I did just get a targeted bonus offer in the mail. It is a $125 bonus if I deposit $25k into an existing Sharebuilder account. I think it just needs to sit there for a day and I can pull it out. Anyone else get that one recently?

Yes, got that one too. I am hoping it is as easy as you said too.

Although the page is still active, the JUNE200 code is expired. Are there any similar current deals? There was also a $76 deal but it expired on 7/3.

billrubin said:   Although the page is still active, the JUNE200 code is expired. Are there any similar current deals? There was also a $76 deal but it expired on 7/3.

There is a new code that I received via email. I posted it as a new topic here: July promo

mjoply said:   The bonus posted for me and to my knowledge I did not receive any offer from them for this. After I opened the account I messaged them to be sure that the promotion was attached to the account and got a reply that is was and the bonus would post in a week after the 10000 was deposited. I would say anyone should try it since you have nothing to lose. I left the money in the account for half a day and still qualified.
I was told to keep the deposit until bonus payment when I called. How could it be that "half a day" qualified?

AugustFour said:   
I was told to keep the deposit until bonus payment when I called. How could it be that "half a day" qualified?

I do not know how but it worked. I spoke with two people and both said as soon as the deposit is received it triggers the bonus. I lied and said I would be investing it and they assured me that if the balance drops below 10000 it would still trigger the bonus.

AugustFour said:   I was told to keep the deposit until bonus payment when I called. How could it be that "half a day" qualified?

Why wouldn't it? The T&C only require a deposit and say nothing about how long it has to stay there. They even point out the bonus can't be withdrawn right away without attaching similar language to the deposit. It has been traditionally true for other bank bonuses as well that the deposit itself is what triggers the bonus. Of course if you talk to a rep they will have their own thoughts on the subject.

dl73 said:   Why wouldn't it? The T&C only require a deposit and say nothing about how long it has to stay there. They even point out the bonus can't be withdrawn right away without attaching similar language to the deposit. It has been traditionally true for other bank bonuses as well that the deposit itself is what triggers the bonus. Of course if you talk to a rep they will have their own thoughts on the subject.What are they going to say? "Feel free to withdraw the money the next day"? My take is that since the T&C seem to be so clear on what you need to do (like the $200 bonus expiring 9/30 that says you need to keep the $10k in the account for 6 months), if they do not say you need to keep the money, then you don't have to.

invisible said:   Getting another $100 for full ACAT account transfer from my idle optionsxpress.com account from last year's deal, MINUS the $50 fee for outgoing ACAT transfer = $50

Just had to increase balance to 500+ before the transfer: http://content.sharebuilder.com/mgdcon/jump/consumer/transfer/in...

Note that bonus will be held for 180days. Not a problem ...so in 4 2 x $50

Many here may have idle accounts from optionshouse or optionsxpress from last year's wonderful deals, so put them to good use folks !

Sweet ... OptionsXpress did not charge any outgoing ACAT fee as full amount showed up, and am on track to receive $100 @ SB as transfer completed w/o issues

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.