QUICK LINKS
MY ACCOUNT
Cash Pending:
Cash Available:
Payment Requested:
Payment Processed:
Lifetime Cash Back:

Discover Card 2% cashback on grocery store purchases (June 29 - July 1)

First page
1 of 2
HTN
6/16/12 9:27 AM
I noticed this promotion logging into my Discover More Card this morning.

Fine Print:

Earn 2% CashBack Bonus on purchases made at grocery stores from 6/29/12 (or the date on which you signed up, whichever is later) through 7/1/12. Grocery store and purchases are those made at merchants classified as stand-alone grocery stores or supermarkets. If a purchase is coded for a category other than those listed above, it will not qualify. Grocery or food purchases made at convenience stores, gas stations, warehouse clubs, supercenters and discount stores are not eligible. Purchases earning 2% CashBack Bonus will not count towards your total annual purchases to determine your tier level. Rewards are added to your CashBack Bonus account at the end of each billing period. See CashBack Bonus Program Terms and Conditions for further details about your reward program.
Discover Grocery Promo [ image/jpeg - 55.39kB ]
WikiPost
6/16/12 9:27 AM
Discover [ image/jpeg - 92.05kB ]
yurgreat
6/16/12 9:58 AM
so 2% on top of the normal you get?
for me, it's probably still at .25% tier lvl, thus 2.25% w/bonus?

discover website doesnt tell me what tier lvl i'm at, and i only buy things in the 5% bonus categories so i cant calculate the tier lvl.
samiam68
6/16/12 11:04 AM
Discover is so lame. A 4-day long promotion? They should stop wasting everyone's time and just implement a competitive Cash Back program.
mjoply
6/16/12 11:42 AM
samiam68 said:   

Discover is so lame. A 4-day long promotion? They should stop wasting everyone's time and just implement a competitive Cash Back program.

They sure do have a lot to discover about credit card rewards. The only good thing about them is their sign-up bonuses. The card has not been used once after I received it.
TooManyCards
6/16/12 12:33 PM
Meh. Chase Freedom is giving 5% in this category until the end of June, and then on July 1 I'll switch back to my American Express Blue Cash Everyday for 3%. Either way, I'll get more than from Discover.

I'll sure miss this quarter's 5% Cash Back on restaurants, though.
HEATHER77
6/16/12 1:50 PM
TooManyCards said:   

Meh. Chase Freedom is giving 5% in this category until the end of June, and then on July 1 I'll switch back to my American Express Blue Cash Everyday for 3%. Either way, I'll get more than from Discover.

I'll sure miss this quarter's 5% Cash Back on restaurants, though.

The 3rd Quarter for Chase Freedom is for restaurants and gas stations.
mm04
6/16/12 6:05 PM
samiam68 said:   

3 days
SaulHudson
6/17/12 8:30 AM
This will be immediately followed by caddy swim, 1:00 - 1:15.
JaxFL
6/17/12 8:21 PM
PNC Everyday gives 2% all the time and 4% on gas.
First page
1 of 2
Please select a reason for your RED vote:

You may be contacted via Private Message during the investigation of this issue.
It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.