Payment Processed:
Lifetime Cash Back:

Citi 40,000 bonus points ($400 GC) for opening Gold checking

Last page
7 of 7
Sashinator00
12/15/12 8:49 AM
Silverthunder said:   

After you get the bonus can you convert the account to some other sort of account that doesn't have such a high balance requirement? To something that doesn't have a monthly fee, either..

I was told by online chat that you can close the account without penalty after 60 days. So no need to convert, just close it when you get the points.
kvs25
2/19/13 12:16 PM
deal's back. offer code CMEG.
KYBOSH
2/20/13 1:35 AM
This 1099 business is a mess.
3c3
2/20/13 1:39 AM
KYBOSH said:   

Did anybody get one for 2012?
oumazdamx6
2/20/13 7:53 AM
I might do this. I previously had accounts with promos in 2009 and 2011. I know the second time it was harder to get a bonus and I had to get them to credit the points via secure message. 40,000 is a nice offer plus a new year, could take the plunge assuming I can still get the points for a new offer.
DonJuan
2/21/13 12:07 AM
c3 said:   

KYBOSH said:   

Anyone got hit with this?

Finally got 40K TYP on 1/1/13. After messaging them, them started an 'investigation' and was approved with points in next statement date.
I was hit with monthly fees twice, but they removed it after messaging them to waive.
niniss
2/21/13 2:41 AM
DonJuan said:   

c3 said:   

KYBOSH said:   

Anyone got hit with this?

Finally got 40K TYP on 1/1/13. After messaging them, them started an 'investigation' and was approved with points in next statement date.
I was hit with monthly fees twice, but they removed it after messaging them to waive.

Wow, i was hit with monthly fee 3 times before i got the points but I never thought of having them waive the fee as it was clearly stated in the term agreenment.
columbiazulu
5/12/13 7:56 PM
is this promotion still going on? closing a house using citimortgage, so i was hoping to open a citigold account and get the bonus while i do it!
misterspaghetti
5/12/13 8:55 PM
columbiazulu said:   

is this promotion still going on? closing a house using citimortgage, so i was hoping to open a citigold account and get the bonus while i do it!

It's over
Last page
7 of 7
Please select a reason for your RED vote:

You may be contacted via Private Message during the investigation of this issue.