How to setup MERP for a sole-LLC

Archived From: Finance
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I have been searching the web, but I cannot find an exact way to setup a MERP (Medical Expense Reimbursement Plan) for my sole-LLC. Would anyone have any information on this?

Member Summary

There are plenty of service providers that will administer and help you set up one. Is this for your spouse or family? LLC owners generally cannot participate in the LLC's Section 105 plan.

This is just for myself. I just do not know how to set it up. I know I have to keep a record of the expenses and then reimburse myself through my paycheck, but that is about it. According to what I read on the IRS web site, an LLC with a sub-s or sub-c election, not a disregarded entity, can participate.

Anyone?

Were you able to make any progress on this ? I have a husband / wife LLC and I'd love to figure this one out.

Certainly. I have the form. PM me and I would be happy to send it to you. Surprisingly easy to do.

Sent

I am in a similar position with my LLC. Can you post a link to the form here?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014