• Go to page :
  • 1234 5
  • Text Only
jcaserta said:   BuckarooBanzai said:   I'm still at a loss as to how Wallaby actually works on the back end. Banks are not going to just let them post charges under any merchant code they want in order to generate rewards, are they? If what they are suggesting is even possible, why not skip the purchases altogether and just have Wallaby charge me $10k under their "gas station" merchant code and simultaneously rebate me $10k under their "retail store" merchant code? 2% for Wallaby, 3% for me. Rinse, repeat, profit.

From the answers he posted, really the only possibility is what you said - wallaby has the capability to charge transactions to any merchant code. Agreed that what you say would be a more effective way to leverage that...but that's clearly fraud , whereas what they're actually doing of routing the transaction that actually occurred in that category is more defensible and I could see them finding a loophole somewhere that allows them to do it.

I'm going to agree with others that I don't think this is worth it, although it's not far from worth it. The lack of protections concerns me greatly. But, if AMEX cards can be used at Visa/MC only locations, then that's a big deal.

Totally agree. If executed well, this could be worth it. The challenge will be getting the players in the ecosystem to play nicely with them.

They finally released Android App, emails from Mathew came today.

Since it only has an advisory function I won't bother loading it

This email doesn't even mention the date of a card release, so I guess it got delayed again.

Has anyone received any communication about their BETA card and when it is coming out? It seems to me they have wasted a lot of buzz and momentum by advertising their product without having anything to put out there.

Seems to be the new business model. "HEY LOOK AT ME! Magical powers come from this new device we're making! Just sign up for the Beta test!". A couple months pass and you get a crummy phone ap.

Version 1.1 of the app is now live in the iOS app store.

It now has search by name (instead of just by category) which was a needed addition.

Still some quirks - it seems to correctly indicate the rotating rewards for one of my cards when I do a search, but when I look at the card profile under 'My Cards' it is showing the incorrect bonus categories.

Well its been quite a while since I have heard anything about Walla.by, anyone gotten any new communications or even their beta card yet?

It looks like another startup to focused on marketing rather than building a minimally viable product!

Does anyone know of a good card that has great fraud protection and or travel features that keep you from getting declined when you travel within US and Internationally? I know you can call your CC company and let them know your traveling, but that is such a PIA!

A quick phone call to ensure you don't end up with a frozen card when out of your home area doesn't seem to rise to the level of PITA. I don't think I've ever had one of those calls last more than 2 or 3 minutes. Making that call is part of fraud protection, isn't it? How can you expect great fraud protection that keeps you from getting declined, if you don't want to tell them you will be making purchases outside your normal pattern?

got a monthyl update from Wallaby yesterday. I enquired about the card.
"List. We are working through final banking and regulatory approvals for the Wallaby Card and are looking forward to shipping the card in volume later this year."

Looks like early 2013 has been pushed to late 2013.

EugeneV said:   http://allthingsd.com/20130510/googles-wallet-plans-for-io-cloud...

At least some good news for Wallaby

Not necessarily. Visa & Mastercard may be playing hardball with the reporting requirements & interchange fees they are putting on pass-through providers like this. May be why Google decided to can the idea.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014