ShareBuilder $200 Bonus

Archived From: Finance
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Similar to this fatwallet post but for July and still alive. Please feel free to PM me with any questions.

I received an email offer to open a sharebuilder account with an initial funding of $10000 to get $200 in bonus.

Link: http://sharebuilder.com/em/bonusjuly

It doesn't appear targeted but could be YMMV

[

Email: Take a Close Look and Get $200

Invest in stocks, mutual funds and more.

Stock reports? Check. Customizable alerts? Check. Trade on the spot? Check. Most people don't know you can get all this at ShareBuilder - from ING DIRECT Investing - plus an easy-to-use website to boot. Not to mention that $200 bonus. Take a close look. You might find a new broker while you're at it.

Portfolio guidance based on your investing goals: You know where you want to go, so try the tools that offer investing ideas to help you get there.
Website ranked #1 for usability (see below for details): Digestible research makes decisions easier. Powerful yet straightforward tools help analyze investment choices and your portfolio.
Free instant transfers: Move money in a flash between your ING DIRECT and ShareBuilder accounts. Even see all your balances on one page.
Start investing today at sharebuilder.com/em/bonusjuly. If you enter promotion code BONUSJULY and deposit $10,000 or more by 8/06/2012, you'll get a $200 bonus.

]

Terms:

For more information, see pricing and rates.
You must have a U.S. Tax I.D. (Social Security Number) to open a ShareBuilder Account. ING DIRECT Investing limits one promotional award per unique Customer or custodial beneficiary. Not valid with IRA or Education Savings Accounts. The $200 bonus from ING DIRECT Investing is not available for withdrawal for 120 days after it is awarded to your account. ING DIRECT Investing reserves the right to terminate this offer at any time and to refuse or recover any promotion award if ING DIRECT Investing determines that it was obtained under wrongful or fraudulent circumstances, that inaccurate or incomplete information was provided in opening the account, or that any term of ING DIRECT Investing's Account Agreement has been violated.
#1 broker website for usability as ranked by Corporate Insight's 2011 Brokerage Website Audit study of 19 of the investment industry's well-known retail brokerages. This comprehensive benchmarking study graded sites on 300+ attributes, using a 4-point scale of predefined criteria. In addition, the study used investor opinions (gathered in 1,000 interviews in April 2011) about the importance of site features to weight the grades for each attribute.
ShareBuilder is a service of ING DIRECT Investing, Inc., a subsidiary of ING Bank, fsb. Securities products are offered by ING DIRECT Investing, Inc., a registered broker-dealer and Member FINRA (www.finra.org) / SIPC (www.sipc.org).

Banking services are provided by ING Bank, fsb, member FDIC.

ING Bank, fsb, and its subsidiaries, including ShareBuilder Corporation, have been acquired by Capital One Financial Corporation and are no longer affiliated with ING Groep N.V. ("ING"). The trademarks ING, ING DIRECT, ING Lion, and the ING Lion logo, alone or as a part of any trademark, logo, work or domain name are trademarks of ING and are used by permission.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
The IRS doesn't send 1099's. If they sent you a notice it was because ING sent them the information on a 1099. Maybe it ... (more)

billrubin (Aug. 05, 2012 @ 8:49p) |

You're probably correct........I think online is the default but I would hope they would e-mail a message saying it was ... (more)

kaneohe (Aug. 06, 2012 @ 7:53a) |

What are you seeing.......is it for the money market or the FDIC account? The FDIC account pays 0.5%.....or at least... (more)

kaneohe (Aug. 06, 2012 @ 7:56a) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Can this be stacked with an earlier offer of $250 for $50k asset transfer?

AugustFour said:   Can this be stacked with an earlier offer of $250 for $50k asset transfer?

The web application did not have any option to stack promo codes, so I think it would not be possible.

Can you open this new account with an existing login id and password and still get the bonus ?
or you need to apply the bonus code to an existing account and invest 10K to get the bonus

Also how long does one need to keep 10K for ?

recklessmax said:   Can you open this new account with an existing login id and password and still get the bonus ?
or you need to apply the bonus code to an existing account and invest 10K to get the bonus

Also how long does one need to keep 10K for ?

If you look at the previous thread for June, people have been denied the bonus for newer accounts if a promotion has been availed in the past.

I opened my account on July 16th and got the promotional bonus today (july 23rd). I'll withdraw my initial amount shortly. The 200 bonus cannot be withdrawn before 120 days

Like banks are FDIC insured, how are brokerage houses insured?

What keeps our money safe there?

Do not withdraw any money from the account for the first six months after you open it. ING considers any of the money you withdraw as the $200 bonus.

depalma13 said:   Do not withdraw any money from the account for the first six months after you open it. ING considers any of the money you withdraw as the $200 bonus.
Anybody have a confirmation one way or another ? Such as initial balance withdrawn without problems or instead bonus reduced or revoked if money withdrawn too early ?

newbietx said:   Like banks are FDIC insured, how are brokerage houses insured?

If your money is invested in stocks, then it's not insured. But you can choose to park your money in a "Cash Balance" fund, which is FDIC insured up to $250K.

https://www.sharebuilder.com/sharebuilder/help/topic.aspx?Catego...

swandown said:   If your money is invested in stocks, then it's not insured. But you can choose to park your money in a "Cash Balance" fund, which is FDIC insured up to $250K.
Wow, that's even worse of a return than the local banks offer (0.02%), and that's saying something!

billrubin said:   swandown said:   If your money is invested in stocks, then it's not insured. But you can choose to park your money in a "Cash Balance" fund, which is FDIC insured up to $250K.
Wow, that's even worse of a return than the local banks offer (0.02%), and that's saying something!
It's twice as much as TD Ameritrade and Fidelity's cash position yield

bgur said:   depalma13 said:   Do not withdraw any money from the account for the first six months after you open it. ING considers any of the money you withdraw as the $200 bonus.
Anybody have a confirmation one way or another ? Such as initial balance withdrawn without problems or instead bonus reduced or revoked if money withdrawn too early ?

Any money withdrawn revokes the bonus. I went through it with them. I took $100 out of my account when I accidentally added the $100 when setting up a recurring deposit. ING denied the bonus beacuse of it.

depalma13 said:   bgur said:   depalma13 said:   Do not withdraw any money from the account for the first six months after you open it. ING considers any of the money you withdraw as the $200 bonus.

Any money withdrawn revokes the bonus. I went through it with them. I took $100 out of my account when I accidentally added the $100 when setting up a recurring deposit. ING denied the bonus beacuse of it.

Had the bonus already posted and they revoked it? I deposited $10k, the bonus posted quickly thereafter, then I withdrew most of it within a week. The bonus is still there.

They haven't clawed my bonus back. I invested most of the original deposit, then withdrew the non-invested portion.

depalma13 said:   bgur said:   depalma13 said:   Do not withdraw any money from the account for the first six months after you open it. ING considers any of the money you withdraw as the $200 bonus.

They "denied the bonus" (in other words never posted it) or revoked $200 after it's already been posted ?

If i don't want to trade can i leave/transfer 10 K in ShareBuilder account , and still get 200 $ bonus. ? When will i be able to withdraw the money back ( after 6 months ..) ???

I withdrew the money very quickly after I deposited and the bonus is still in there. Nowhere in the terms does it say you need to keep it in there for a certain amount of time.

any one got the bonus after withdrew the money ?

Is this promotion still active? It looks like the terms have changed on the website (Now it just requires a trade and not the $10K deposit?)

1 For complete information, see our pricing and rates.

2You must have a U.S. Tax I.D. (Social Security number) to open a ShareBuilder Account and place a trade to receive the $200 bonus. The $200 bonus will post in your newly opened account within 7 days after your first trade. ING DIRECT Investing, Inc. limits one promotional award per unique Customer or custodial beneficiary. Not valid with IRA or Education Savings Accounts. The $200 bonus from ING DIRECT Investing is not available for withdrawal for 120 days after it is awarded to your account. ING DIRECT Investing reserves the right to terminate this offer at any time and to refuse or recover any promotion award if ING DIRECT Investing determines that it was obtained under wrongful or fraudulent circumstances, that inaccurate or incomplete information was provided in opening the account, or that any terms or ING DIRECT's Account Agreement have been violated.

anyone know if the code is still good? it lets me use it, but the code does have July in its name, and its August now.

Squeezer99 said:   anyone know if the code is still good? it lets me use it, but the code does have July in its name, and its August now.

I would imagine that the code is still good as long as the money clears by August 6th. I got burned on a previous offer because my money cleared 2 hours after the deadline.

But it couldn't hurt to call them to verify. They tend to be sticklers about bonuses...

swandown said:   newbietx said:   Like banks are FDIC insured, how are brokerage houses insured?

If your money is invested in stocks, then it's not insured. But you can choose to park your money in a "Cash Balance" fund, which is FDIC insured up to $250K.

https://www.sharebuilder.com/sharebuilder/help/topic.aspx?Catego...

i did it.

IngDirect will report this bonus in a 1099-INT.

swandown said:   Squeezer99 said:   anyone know if the code is still good? it lets me use it, but the code does have July in its name, and its August now.

I would imagine that the code is still good as long as the money clears by August 6th. I got burned on a previous offer because my money cleared 2 hours after the deadline.

But it couldn't hurt to call them to verify. They tend to be sticklers about bonuses...

I bit the bullet and applied on aug 2nd for me and my wife. She got an email the next day saying that if she deposited the $10k she would receive the bonus. She deposited the $10k when she opened the account and got an email today saying that she would receive the bonus in 4-6 weeks. I, on the other hand, did not receive any emails.

Applied on 7/30. 10k in on 7/31. Got the bonus on 8/3.

expired said:   IngDirect will report this bonus in a 1099-INT.Of course they will, it's free money. Anything bank/brokerage account signup bonus is reported as interest.

swandown said:   Squeezer99 said:   anyone know if the code is still good? it lets me use it, but the code does have July in its name, and its August now.

If I open the account this weekend, will there even be a way to get the money in the account by Monday? Do they need to verify the bank account before you can transfer online or will it be done as part of signup and transferred on Monday? I meant to have my kids open this but forgot about the deadline.

Or should we just wait and hope that there's an August offer for $200 same as they had in June and July?

billrubin said:   swandown said:   Squeezer99 said:   anyone know if the code is still good? it lets me use it, but the code does have July in its name, and its August now.

If I open the account this weekend, will there even be a way to get the money in the account by Monday? Do they need to verify the bank account before you can transfer online or will it be done as part of signup and transferred on Monday? I meant to have my kids open this but forgot about the deadline.

Or should we just wait and hope that there's an August offer for $200 same as they had in June and July?

I think if you have $10K in an ING account, you can transfer the money immediately. Otherwise, you'll have to verify a new bank account and it will take too long.

However, there is another $200 promo you can try: http://content.sharebuilder.com/mgdcon/jump/Web/welcome/allWT/20...

It requires you to keep the $10K in your account for 6 months, though.

BTW, if you don't already have a checking account with ING, you might want to sign up for one and get a free $50 bonus while you're at it: http://www.ingdirect.com/nofees/

>Of course they will, it's free money. Anything bank/brokerage account signup bonus is reported as interest.
I've had plenty of sign up bonuses that I never gotten a 1099-INT for. The only reason I mention it, is because INGDirect never sent me one, but the IRS did, and generated a CP2000 IRS notice on me.

expired said:   I've had plenty of sign up bonuses that I never gotten a 1099-INT for. The only reason I mention it, is because INGDirect never sent me one, but the IRS did, and generated a CP2000 IRS notice on me.The IRS doesn't send 1099's. If they sent you a notice it was because ING sent them the information on a 1099. Maybe it was online but they did not mail it to you?

billrubin said:   expired said:   I've had plenty of sign up bonuses that I never gotten a 1099-INT for. The only reason I mention it, is because INGDirect never sent me one, but the IRS did, and generated a CP2000 IRS notice on me.The IRS doesn't send 1099's. If they sent you a notice it was because ING sent them the information on a 1099. Maybe it was online but they did not mail it to you?

You're probably correct........I think online is the default but I would hope they would e-mail a message saying it was ready.

billrubin said:   swandown said:   If your money is invested in stocks, then it's not insured. But you can choose to park your money in a "Cash Balance" fund, which is FDIC insured up to $250K.

What are you seeing.......is it for the money market or the FDIC account? The FDIC account pays 0.5%.....or at least it did in July.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.