Payment Requested:
Payment Processed:
Lifetime Cash Back:

ShareBuilder $200 Bonus

2 of 4
billrubin
7/23/12 9:25 PM
swandown said:   

If your money is invested in stocks, then it's not insured. But you can choose to park your money in a "Cash Balance" fund, which is FDIC insured up to $250K.

Wow, that's even worse of a return than the local banks offer (0.02%), and that's saying something!
centrifuge41
7/24/12 8:21 AM
billrubin said:   

swandown said:   

If your money is invested in stocks, then it's not insured. But you can choose to park your money in a "Cash Balance" fund, which is FDIC insured up to $250K.

Wow, that's even worse of a return than the local banks offer (0.02%), and that's saying something!

It's twice as much as TD Ameritrade and Fidelity's cash position yield
depalma13
7/26/12 4:02 AM
bgur said:   

depalma13 said:   

Do not withdraw any money from the account for the first six months after you open it. ING considers any of the money you withdraw as the $200 bonus.

Anybody have a confirmation one way or another ? Such as initial balance withdrawn without problems or instead bonus reduced or revoked if money withdrawn too early ?

Any money withdrawn revokes the bonus. I went through it with them. I took $100 out of my account when I accidentally added the $100 when setting up a recurring deposit. ING denied the bonus beacuse of it.
drsauce
7/26/12 6:06 AM
depalma13 said:   

bgur said:   

depalma13 said:   

Do not withdraw any money from the account for the first six months after you open it. ING considers any of the money you withdraw as the $200 bonus.

Anybody have a confirmation one way or another ? Such as initial balance withdrawn without problems or instead bonus reduced or revoked if money withdrawn too early ?

Any money withdrawn revokes the bonus. I went through it with them. I took $100 out of my account when I accidentally added the $100 when setting up a recurring deposit. ING denied the bonus beacuse of it.

Had the bonus already posted and they revoked it? I deposited $10k, the bonus posted quickly thereafter, then I withdrew most of it within a week. The bonus is still there.
mapen
7/26/12 6:31 AM
They haven't clawed my bonus back. I invested most of the original deposit, then withdrew the non-invested portion.
bgur
7/28/12 10:26 AM
depalma13 said:   

bgur said:   

depalma13 said:   

They "denied the bonus" (in other words never posted it) or revoked $200 after it's already been posted ?
Kore1
7/28/12 8:25 PM
If i don't want to trade can i leave/transfer 10 K in ShareBuilder account , and still get 200 $ bonus. ? When will i be able to withdraw the money back ( after 6 months ..) ???
mjoply
7/28/12 9:38 PM
I withdrew the money very quickly after I deposited and the bonus is still in there. Nowhere in the terms does it say you need to keep it in there for a certain amount of time.
Kore1
8/1/12 4:28 PM
any one got the bonus after withdrew the money ?
wearelai
8/1/12 9:56 PM
Is this promotion still active? It looks like the terms have changed on the website (Now it just requires a trade and not the $10K deposit?)

1 For complete information, see our pricing and rates.

2You must have a U.S. Tax I.D. (Social Security number) to open a ShareBuilder Account and place a trade to receive the $200 bonus. The $200 bonus will post in your newly opened account within 7 days after your first trade. ING DIRECT Investing, Inc. limits one promotional award per unique Customer or custodial beneficiary. Not valid with IRA or Education Savings Accounts. The $200 bonus from ING DIRECT Investing is not available for withdrawal for 120 days after it is awarded to your account. ING DIRECT Investing reserves the right to terminate this offer at any time and to refuse or recover any promotion award if ING DIRECT Investing determines that it was obtained under wrongful or fraudulent circumstances, that inaccurate or incomplete information was provided in opening the account, or that any terms or ING DIRECT's Account Agreement have been violated.
2 of 4
Please select a reason for your RED vote:

You may be contacted via Private Message during the investigation of this issue.