Cash Available:
Payment Requested:
Payment Processed:
Lifetime Cash Back:

ShareBuilder $200 Bonus

3 of 4
Squeezer99
8/1/12 10:38 PM
anyone know if the code is still good? it lets me use it, but the code does have July in its name, and its August now.
swandown
8/2/12 3:41 PM
Squeezer99 said:   

anyone know if the code is still good? it lets me use it, but the code does have July in its name, and its August now.

I would imagine that the code is still good as long as the money clears by August 6th. I got burned on a previous offer because my money cleared 2 hours after the deadline.

But it couldn't hurt to call them to verify. They tend to be sticklers about bonuses...
Kore1
8/2/12 8:45 PM
swandown said:   

newbietx said:   

Like banks are FDIC insured, how are brokerage houses insured?

What keeps our money safe there?

If your money is invested in stocks, then it's not insured. But you can choose to park your money in a "Cash Balance" fund, which is FDIC insured up to $250K.

https://www.sharebuilder.com/sharebuilder/help/topic.aspx?Catego...

i did it.
expired
8/3/12 1:01 AM
IngDirect will report this bonus in a 1099-INT.
Squeezer99
8/3/12 1:38 PM
swandown said:   

Squeezer99 said:   

I would imagine that the code is still good as long as the money clears by August 6th. I got burned on a previous offer because my money cleared 2 hours after the deadline.

But it couldn't hurt to call them to verify. They tend to be sticklers about bonuses...

I bit the bullet and applied on aug 2nd for me and my wife. She got an email the next day saying that if she deposited the $10k she would receive the bonus. She deposited the $10k when she opened the account and got an email today saying that she would receive the bonus in 4-6 weeks. I, on the other hand, did not receive any emails.
dacii
8/3/12 5:21 PM
Applied on 7/30. 10k in on 7/31. Got the bonus on 8/3.
billrubin
8/3/12 10:29 PM
expired said:   

IngDirect will report this bonus in a 1099-INT.

Of course they will, it's free money. Anything bank/brokerage account signup bonus is reported as interest.
billrubin
8/3/12 10:30 PM
swandown said:   

Squeezer99 said:   

If I open the account this weekend, will there even be a way to get the money in the account by Monday? Do they need to verify the bank account before you can transfer online or will it be done as part of signup and transferred on Monday? I meant to have my kids open this but forgot about the deadline.

Or should we just wait and hope that there's an August offer for $200 same as they had in June and July?
swandown
8/4/12 1:30 AM
billrubin said:   

swandown said:   

Squeezer99 said:   

If I open the account this weekend, will there even be a way to get the money in the account by Monday? Do they need to verify the bank account before you can transfer online or will it be done as part of signup and transferred on Monday? I meant to have my kids open this but forgot about the deadline.

Or should we just wait and hope that there's an August offer for $200 same as they had in June and July?

I think if you have $10K in an ING account, you can transfer the money immediately. Otherwise, you'll have to verify a new bank account and it will take too long.

However, there is another $200 promo you can try: http://content.sharebuilder.com/mgdcon/jump/Web/welcome/allWT/20...

It requires you to keep the $10K in your account for 6 months, though.

BTW, if you don't already have a checking account with ING, you might want to sign up for one and get a free $50 bonus while you're at it: http://www.ingdirect.com/nofees/
expired
8/4/12 1:55 AM
>Of course they will, it's free money. Anything bank/brokerage account signup bonus is reported as interest.
I've had plenty of sign up bonuses that I never gotten a 1099-INT for. The only reason I mention it, is because INGDirect never sent me one, but the IRS did, and generated a CP2000 IRS notice on me.
3 of 4
Please select a reason for your RED vote:

You may be contacted via Private Message during the investigation of this issue.
It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.