Payment Processed:
Lifetime Cash Back:

ShareBuilder $200 Bonus

Last page
4 of 4
billrubin
8/5/12 8:49 PM
expired said:   

I've had plenty of sign up bonuses that I never gotten a 1099-INT for. The only reason I mention it, is because INGDirect never sent me one, but the IRS did, and generated a CP2000 IRS notice on me.

The IRS doesn't send 1099's. If they sent you a notice it was because ING sent them the information on a 1099. Maybe it was online but they did not mail it to you?
kaneohe
8/6/12 7:53 AM
billrubin said:   

expired said:   

I've had plenty of sign up bonuses that I never gotten a 1099-INT for. The only reason I mention it, is because INGDirect never sent me one, but the IRS did, and generated a CP2000 IRS notice on me.

The IRS doesn't send 1099's. If they sent you a notice it was because ING sent them the information on a 1099. Maybe it was online but they did not mail it to you?

You're probably correct........I think online is the default but I would hope they would e-mail a message saying it was ready.
kaneohe
8/6/12 7:56 AM
billrubin said:   

swandown said:   

If your money is invested in stocks, then it's not insured. But you can choose to park your money in a "Cash Balance" fund, which is FDIC insured up to $250K.

Wow, that's even worse of a return than the local banks offer (0.02%), and that's saying something!

What are you seeing.......is it for the money market or the FDIC account? The FDIC account pays 0.5%.....or at least it did in July.
Last page
4 of 4
Please select a reason for your RED vote:

You may be contacted via Private Message during the investigation of this issue.