Debt Consolidation Loan, Yes or No?

Archived From: Finance
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Debt Consolidation Loan, Yes or No?
I did a lot of stupid things when I was younger and going through a divorce, now I am left paying for them, but I feel like I am working to pay off my debt and getting no where. Is there a such thing as a GOOD debt consolidation loan? Im talking around $15,000.

I do not presently charge up my cards, so that is not the issue. The issue is paying them off, in a somewhat timely manner.

Member Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

What's your credit score ? With a high score you can get a 0% credit card promo and pay down the balance with no interest

If you have poor credit all debt consolidation loans will have high rates

You can try prosper or lending club

Agree with SIS. What's your income? $15k doesn't seem like a huge debt load. Like SIS said, depending on income and credit score you can likely get some BTs at 0% to knock down high interest rates and save you some money.

Post a breakdown of the debt including interest rates. We'll get you a solid plan.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014