• Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
It's in Beta, operational:
V.me

Strangely, you can't sign-in from V.me directly.

I stumbled upon it via Buy.com checkout: put something into the basked, try to checkout and it offers V.me as an option, after selecting this option V.me signup pops up; don't have to buy.

At the moment it's extremely simplistic (Paypal-light, very light): it lets you to register all the major cards, and to pay at checkout using your email address (aka V.me login)

That's basically it, Paypal circa 1998, I can't imagine reasons why myself as a customer would chose it.

Let's hope it's just a beginning and they'd offer some enticements and features; at the very least any competition to Paypal is welcome...

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Big payment processing companies in Beta are FUN. I want to develop a webpage to sell "services" or something and sell myself a bunch of "stuff". Any more AARP cards available still?

Waiting for them to offer a sign-up perk ala Serve, Venmo, Clover...

Space is getting crowded.

Their personal accounts are invite only, business accounts are non-existent right now, and I just signed up for a developer account, which doesn't actually allow you to process any real credit cards, they give you two test accounts. I was hoping I could make a fake page and charge a bunch of stuff to get some rewards.

Visa 4444444444444448
MasterCard 5500005555555559

Confirmed. I just signed up for V.me acct via Buy.com. Do dummy order and the V.me Icon appears with other vendors like Paypal. Click on it and sign up for the account. Then check your email for email confirmation from V.me

SO far, it looks like its only payable via purchase on vendors such as Buy.com. I havent read TOC yet.

Am I the only one who can't clearly see the horrible font they used? Design fail. And I don't see the fees for accepting payments anywhere.

I wonder why they didn't go with V.card?

scripta said:   Am I the only one who can't clearly see the horrible font they used? Design fail. And I don't see the fees for accepting payments anywhere.

That's because they haven't defined the fee structure yet. Free for now. But you can't do anything with it.

I hope the beef up and shank Paypal in the showers.

I figured out a sneaky way to get access to V.Me. Go to Buy.com, choose any product and begin the checkout and choose "V.Me" as the payment method. It lets you create an account, you put in a payment method, then it says you will review the order on Buy.com. Just exit out of the page and don't continue the order and voila, you have a V.Me account.

So far it's a VERY simple payment processor for approved merchants only it appears. I can't figure out anything I can do with it until they add more features.

Al3xK said:   I figured out a sneaky way to get access to V.Me. Go to Buy.com, choose any product and begin the checkout and choose "V.Me" as the payment method. It lets you create an account, you put in a payment method, then it says you will review the order on Buy.com. Just exit out of the page and don't continue the order and voila, you have a V.Me account.

So far it's a VERY simple payment processor for approved merchants only it appears. I can't figure out anything I can do with it until they add more features.
Come on, isn't what I wrote in the original post?

neophyte said:   Al3xK said:   I figured out a sneaky way to get access to V.Me. Go to Buy.com, choose any product and begin the checkout and choose "V.Me" as the payment method. It lets you create an account, you put in a payment method, then it says you will review the order on Buy.com. Just exit out of the page and don't continue the order and voila, you have a V.Me account.

So far it's a VERY simple payment processor for approved merchants only it appears. I can't figure out anything I can do with it until they add more features.
Come on, isn't what I wrote in the original post?


I'm retarded.

so what's the use for now? Seems like there is no way to send or receive any personal payment!



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014