• Go to page :
  • 123 4
  • Text Only
Any idea how to hit the $5K limit? I still need $2K to hit the $5K.......

mak16 said:   Any idea how to hit the $5K limit? I still need $2K to hit the $5K.......

How much time do you have? The easiest solutions include pre-paying your utility bills and buying gift cards.

HiLine said:   mak16 said:   Any idea how to hit the $5K limit? I still need $2K to hit the $5K.......

How much time do you have? The easiest solutions include pre-paying your utility bills and buying gift cards.

I think I still have around 2 weeks....
What gift cards do you buy usually and where to buy them?

For maximum liquidity I would buy either visa/mastercard gift cards, gift cards from my favorite grocery store, or Amazon electronic gift cards.

I see the current offer is 25k points.

Is this the standard offer?
Would it be worth the wait for the 30k to rollback around?

OFFER TERMS

Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have had this product within the last 12 months.

10,000 Bonus Starpoints
To be eligible to receive 10,000 bonus Starpoints, you must make your first purchase with the Starwood Preferred Guest® Business Credit Card within one year of Card approval. Bonus points will appear on your Starwood Preferred Guest statement 8-12 weeks after your first purchase.

15,000 Bonus Starpoints After You Make $5,000 of Eligible Purchases in the First 6 Months of Cardmembership
To be eligible to earn 15,000 bonus Starpoints, you must use The Starwood Preferred Guest Business Credit Card to complete $5,000 of eligible purchases by the end of your first six months of Cardmembership, based on the date of your Card approval. Bonus points will appear on your Starwood Preferred Guest statement 8-12 weeks after you reach the spend threshold.

And the business card then give you an extra 5k when you transfer 20k to an airline freq flier program.

KYBOSH said:   
And the business card then give you an extra 5k when you transfer 20k to an airline freq flier program.

That is a function of the SPG program. If you transfer in increments of 20K SPG you get the 5K bump when you transfer to their partner airlines. The points could have com from the biz card, the personal card, hotel stays, or whatever.

The "standard" offer is 25K. The last few summers there has been a period when it is 30K. If you plan to get various cards over time and don't need the points it may pay to wait. Then again, they may alter the "standard" offer up or down any day.

traveldealer said:   TravelerMSY said:   Anyone successfully churned this one? How long between apps? It would be measured in years.

I think 12 months between apps

Seeing this thread raises the question of whether one or both cards should be canceled now to have the possibility of applying for another card in the future. The business can get "Open" that that is not worth a lot. Both can earn the occasional point to keep the Starwood points account open and might be used if there is another small business day where you earn a credit for using your card. If this is to be done, it might be wise to use the card once so a few points are earned before it is canceled.

Any advice?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.