• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
www.usbank.com/bonus150

T&C claims you have to be targeted, but they didn't ask for any info from the mailer.

Member Summary
Promo Code CK0930A

This offer is restricted to recipients of an offer via mail or email and is not transferable. A $25 minimum balance is required to open a U.S. Bank Checking account. Earn your cash bonus by opening a new consumer checking account by September 30, 2012 and setting up a recurring direct deposit of at least $100 within 60 days of account opening. You must use your Promotion Code when you apply. Your bonus will be reported as interest earned on IRS Form 1099-INT and will be credited to your new checking account within 6-8 weeks after direct deposit is established assuming account is open and in good standing. Offer may not be combined with any other cash bonus or marketing offers. One offer per household. Other restrictions may apply.
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Nice, thanks!

I was looking for a banking bonus to connect with Cash+ CC, cross-linking the threads:
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/1197402/

It's definitely targetted. How's US Bank's track record on awarding bonuses to uninvited customers?

Do they hard-pull or soft?
How soon can the account be closed?

To avoid monthly fee:

Monthly Maintenance Fee5

$6.95 with online statements, OR
$8.95 with paper statements

Options to Waive the Monthly Maintenance Fee

Combined monthly direct deposits totaling $500+, OR
Average account balance of $1,5006

dacii said:   It's definitely targetted. How's US Bank's track record on awarding bonuses to uninvited customers?

Do they hard-pull or soft?
How soon can the account be closed?

To avoid monthly fee:

Monthly Maintenance Fee5

$6.95 with online statements, OR
$8.95 with paper statements

Options to Waive the Monthly Maintenance Fee

Combined monthly direct deposits totaling $500+, OR
Average account balance of $1,5006

I got a targeted offer before without being targeted, but I had to fight for it. Yes, it was a hard pull.

So, is this targeted or NOT targeted? Also, do existing US Bank account-holders qualify?

1.This offer is restricted to recipients of an offer via mail or email and is not transferable. A $25 minimum balance is required to open a U.S. Bank Checking account. Earn your cash bonus by opening a new consumer checking account by September 30, 2012 and setting up a recurring direct deposit of at least $100 within 60 days of account opening. You must use your Promotion Code when you apply. Your bonus will be reported as interest earned on IRS Form 1099-INT and will be credited to your new checking account within 6-8 weeks after direct deposit is established assuming account is open and in good standing. Offer may not be combined with any other cash bonus or marketing offers. One offer per household. Other restrictions may apply.

bold is mine

The promo code is right there on the right side of the page: CK0930A. So it comes down to how strict US Bank is with awarding bonus to non-targetted applicants that's the chief concern.

How about existing account holders?

Haha, I doubt it!

AugustFour said:   How about existing account holders?

Do they accept ACH as a Direct Deposit?

anothernutjob said:   Do they accept ACH as a Direct Deposit?Yes, according to "Official" thread: http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/432086/

I went to the local branch and manager told me they'd honor the promo if I'd bring in the printout with a code; I'd try this week.

I took the promotional page that I got in the mail in the bank and the banker did not put the code in the system. He said there's no place for him to put in, is that true? He said it's only for applying online. Now what?

moneybie said:   I took the promotional page that I got in the mail in the bank and the banker did not put the code in the system. He said there's no place for him to put in, is that true? He said it's only for applying online. Now what?

I've got one for $200. it says to enter the code online or give it to a banker by phone/in person. you're probably going to be assed out.

Uh oh.... Can i call them and tell them the situation? I just applied today and the banker even took a copy of it.

moneybie said:   Uh oh.... Can i call them and tell them the situation? I just applied today and the banker even took a copy of it.

yep. hop on that shit asap and get the name of the CSR who provides help in case you get stiffed and need to contact corporate.

Bump, offer expires in four days.

Did anyone got the bonus yet?

Not sure if this works, tried changing 150 to 200 on the link and the webpage opened up...however, doesn't let me open an account on IE7

HangoverMpls said:   Not sure if this works, tried changing 150 to 200 on the link and the webpage opened up...however, doesn't let me open an account on IE7Looks like both $150 and $200 promo codes are the same so the offer must be targeted -- they give you the bonus you were targeted for

So, can anyone confirm if people that were not targeted could get the bonus?

noelandres said:   So, can anyone confirm if people that were not targeted could get the bonus?Yep, feedback, please!

We have a new $200 bonus going (http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/1222364), need to hear at least one success story

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014