• Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I searched but did not see this deal posted.

LINKY

Here's how to get $200 on us:

ENTER YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS below to receive your $200 cash bonus coupon.
OPEN a Chase Total CheckingSM account and set up direct deposit (offer only available for new Chase checking customers).
GET $200 ON US, within 10 business days after we receive your initial direct deposit.
Enter your e-mail address below to receive your $200 cash bonus coupon.

Email address:
By entering your e-mail address here, we will only use it to send the coupon and it will not be used for other promotions or shared with third parties.
--------------------------------------

See below for Service Fee and Bonus/Account information.

HURRY! OFFER EXPIRES 10/6/2012

Get $200 plus much, much more...

FREE access to over 17,500 Chase ATMs (and 5,500 branches nationwide)
FREE access to Chase DepositFriendlySM ATMs—no need for deposit slips or envelopes
FREE 24/7 Customer Service access—we’re here when you need us
FREE Chase OnlineSM Bill Pay

Important Information
*Service Fee: Chase Total CheckingSM has no Monthly Service Fee when you do any one of the following each statement period: Option #1: Have monthly direct deposits totaling $500 or more made to this account; OR, Option #2: Keep the daily balance in your checking account at or above $1,500; OR, Option #3: Keep an average balance of $5,000 or more in any combination of qualifying Chase checking, savings and other balances. Otherwise a $12 Monthly Service Fee will apply ($10 Monthly Service Fee for CA, OR and WA). We will notify you of changes to your account terms or fees. For more information, please see a banker or visit Chase.com/checking.

Bonus/Account Information: Offer not available to existing Chase checking customers, those with fiduciary accounts, those whose accounts have been closed within 90 days or with a negative balance. To receive the bonus: 1) open a new Chase Total CheckingSM account, which is subject to approval; 2) deposit $100 or more within 60 days of account opening; AND 3) have your direct deposit made to this account within 60 days of account opening. Your opening deposit cannot be money held by Chase or its affiliates, nor can the bonus be used as the opening deposit. Your direct deposit needs to be an electronic deposit of your paycheck, pension or government benefits (such as Social Security) from your employer or the government. After we receive your first direct deposit, we'll deposit the bonus in your new account within 10 business days. You can only receive one checking account-related bonus per calendar year. Bonus is considered interest and will be reported on IRS Form 1099-INT.

Account Closing: If your checking account is closed within six months, we will deduct the bonus amount at closing.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
abigaillopez.2011@yahoo.com

abigaillopez (Aug. 27, 2013 @ 4:35p) |

You do not need to post your email.  Click the link OP psoted and then enter the address to receive the code.

PonPugal (Sep. 03, 2013 @ 9:16p) |

I tried some time ago when we had the $150 offer.  The guy in the bank went all the way and then at the end he said sorr... (more)

PonPugal (Sep. 03, 2013 @ 9:18p) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

This is a great promotion for me, and I'm sure many others. I was already planning on getting an account with Chase. This only makes it a sweeter deal for me.

do they do a credit pull when opening a checking account?

Could post this in the other thread, but I'll put it here:

Either Amazon Payments or USAA ACH Push has recently counted as a DD for Chase $200 account bonus.

Does anyone know if an ach push from Charles Schwab counts as a DD?

It does.
It would be nice if folks can read up one of the previous Chase checking bonus threads (here is one) for procedural details.

I read the thread and there is no indication that ach from Schwab counts as DD.
Not all ACH push from all institutions count.

do you have any bonus coupon which doesn't require direct deposit? Thanks

This deal is for local B&M branch only, right?

Too bad, I don't have any chase in my area.

Yes they do, even though I was told by banker they did not. Showed up in my credit report immediately.

You can apply online or over the phone as well.

Nice return for parking 1500 in their account for 6 months. Over 20% return on investment! No risk, no spend. Hard to beat that. (Do you get the sense I like it..)

Thanks so much

It doesn't work by applying through online

Get Message "We're temporarily unable to verify your Coupon Code. Click "Proceed Without Coupon Code" to continue, or try again later. Thanks for your patience."

Great deal but says it's not available in my area (SW Virginia)

are kids under 18 eligible ?

Is ACH from HSBC count as DD?

Not available for all zipcodes.....

fattywallace said:   Not available for all zipcodes.....

For the most part, if you do not have a Chase branch near your zip code, then chances are it will not be available to you. Some people have gotten around it by using a different zip code, within the same state of residence.

AstronusX said:   It doesn't work by applying through online

Get Message "We're temporarily unable to verify your Coupon Code. Click "Proceed Without Coupon Code" to continue, or try again later. Thanks for your patience."

It worked just fine for me. I just applied for it 5 min. ago

sunspotzsz said:   This deal is for local B&M branch only, right?

Nope. Online and phone as well. I applied online. Nice ROI - Good luck!

jomarrod said:   fattywallace said:   Not available for all zipcodes.....

For the most part, if you do not have a Chase branch near your zip code, then chances are it will not be available to you. Some people have gotten around it by using a different zip code, within the same state of residence.

They are matching residence address vs zip code inputted.

How long did it take to get the email from chase?

rezzor said:   How long did it take to get the email from chase?
It arrives next moment

Thanks . I didn't get anything but it maybe because we use ie 7 at work.

jomarrod said:   Bonus/Account Information: Offer not available to...those whose accounts have been closed within 90 days.Just have to wait a couple more weeks - thanks OP!

Someone from a local Chase branch called me two weeks ago and offered me a $200 sign up bonus, but without the direct deposit requirement. I went in a couple days later to another branch and was able to open the checking account and received confirmation about the $200 sign up bonus. I closed my Chase checking account about one or two years ago, but still have multiple credit cards with them.

rezzor said:   Thanks . I didn't get anything but it maybe because we use ie 7 at work.

Why would your browser have anything to do with receiving an email or not?

Setting Up Direct Deposit is the most annoying requirement to do.

I did not get an email back from chase.

Typical Chase- at the beginning of the application, I input my zip code and it takes me to the application page. When I select that I am already an existing customer and enter my id and password, the site says, "We're unable to complete your request. This product is no longer available for the ZIP code you entered. Please click "Chase.com" to see and apply for products now available in your area."

What a waste.

bigStax said:   rezzor said:   Thanks . I didn't get anything but it maybe because we use ie 7 at work.

Why would your browser have anything to do with receiving an email or not?

Doesn't.

johnnybs said:   Typical Chase- at the beginning of the application, I input my zip code and it takes me to the application page. When I select that I am already an existing customer and enter my id and password, the site says, "We're unable to complete your request. This product is no longer available for the ZIP code you entered. Please click "Chase.com" to see and apply for products now available in your area."

What a waste.

It took you longer to come here to post & complain about it than it did to get to that point in the process...

Can someone post a zip code that is currently working for this promotion? I would like to try to update my account settings and re-apply. I have e-statements so it might be worth a shot...

New checking customer only? So I can't get this offer because I have a checking already? That's disappointing.

K.nowell@sbcglobal.net
I would like the chase code please. I actually got one but lost it but only cuz of the link, cord, hr .... Not sure what that is can u text the code?

Thanks kristi

How long do you wait before doing an ACH push to Chase?

What amount do you ACH push to Chase in order to get credit for 'direct deposit'? I will be using Schwab for that.

sunspotzsz said:   This deal is for local B&M branch only, right?

It's so stupid that Chase sent me the promotion code (enclosed in my cc account statement) but when i tried to apply it says my zipcode is not available. So what's the point of sending me the promotion?!

FYI-I tried signing up from work using internet explorer and it didn't work. I tried from home and it did. So if you are behind a firewall or something like that, it may not work.

Skipping 161 Messages...
TheGMan said:   
fattie123 said:   are kids under 18 eligible ?
Ditto. Has anyone signed their kids up, and if so, under the Total Checking, or did it try to default to Student Checking?

I tried some time ago when we had the $150 offer.  The guy in the bank went all the way and then at the end he said sorry.  You should be 18 to enter any legal contract.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014