• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Your Visa or AMEX card is no good for paying inside a Sam's Club or at their gas stations - since they dont accept it. But there is a work around. Most Sams club locations are right next to a WalMart. Walkin into one of them get a WalMart gift card with your visa or AMEX card. Use that WalMart gift card to dispense fuel or pay inside the Sam's Club.

HTH

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
WalMart Neighborhood Market?

Vanilla10 (Sep. 08, 2012 @ 1:48a) |

Bingo

MoneyOCD (Sep. 08, 2012 @ 8:04a) |

Not according to Costco -
"You must be a Costco member to purchase or reload Costco Cash Cards. Members and non-members... (more)

BostonOne (Sep. 08, 2012 @ 9:43a) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Nice!

Do you need membership card to pump gas there ? I suppose but never tried at SAMS

invisible said:   Nice!

Do you need membership card to pump gas there ? I suppose but never tried at SAMS

No you dont in Tx. But members get a .05c discount ...
you could always pull up to a pump (next to someone already there) - fumble and look for your imaginary sams club card, lo and behold, the good samaritan swipes her/his card for you... I have done my good dead for the day several times

I believe same works with Costco (with more pre-planning).
Buy Costco Ca$h card from their website (pay with Visa/MC) and use that in the store. Takes a few days to have the card shipped. Need to be a Costco member to buy the cash card.

uutxs said:   I believe same works with Costco (with more pre-planning).
Buy Costco Ca$h card from their website (pay with Visa/MC) and use that in the store. Takes a few days to have the card shipped. Need to be a Costco member to buy the cash card.

No you don't. You can buy the card online without a costco membership, but it costs an extra $5 or so.

imbatman said:   You can buy the card online without a costco membership, but it costs an extra $5 or so.
You are probably right on that; I havent tried it.

Sam's Club in Atlanta now accepts visa credit card at gas pump.

Sam's in north Alabama takes visa at the pump. Not inside.

onlypinkfloyd said:   invisible said:   Nice!

you could always pull up to a pump (next to someone already there) - fumble and look for your imaginary sams club card, lo and behold, the good samaritan swipes her/his card for you... I have done my good dead for the day several times

a 0.05c discount doesn't sound like it's worth it.

Nebraska Sam's Club pumps also take Visa. Not sure about AMEX. Did NOT take Visa inside yet the last time I was there (although I wish they did...)

hebron1427 said:   
a 0.05c discount doesn't sound like it's worth it.

That's almost a penny every time I fill up my tank. Doesn't everyone here still pick up pennies off the ground?

Yeah, I bet me meant $0.05, or 5.

I've been using Visa Penfed 5% off gas at the Sam's Club pump to get a double-dip discount. I thought only Costco was restricted to AMEX.

invisible said:   Nice!

Most locations do require a Sam's membership, but some don't.

FWUser05 said:   Sam's Club in Atlanta now accepts visa credit card at gas pump.

The Sam's Clubs in Atlanta have taken VISA since before they stopped taking VISA in the club. I've been paying with a VISA for years, probably since I first joined about 10 years ago.

I can't remember a Sam's Club that didn't take my VISA outside at the pump. I use it in FL, GA, NC, MD, PA all without problems.

Sams club take Visa in PHX @ pump? membership necessary?

Sams in VA takes Visa at the pump (at least the one by my house does). Membership is required.

i have used visa at sams gas pumps for years all over the southeast

To make it really sweat, You can use prepaid Visa card (hint: with certain flavor) to effectively get 5% Cash Back but you must have Ink Bold card and know how to use it efficiently! BTW here in my area, they will take any card (Visa, Discover, Master, AMEX or WalMart/SamsClub) at the pump.

Sams club has been accepting VISA for a long time on their Gas Stations. Inside they still accept Only Master Card or Discover. They accept WalMart Gift Cards both at register and at Pump.

JuNooNi said:   To make it really sweat, You can use prepaid Visa card (hint: with certain flavor) to effectively get 5% Cash Back but you must have Ink Bold card and know how to use it efficiently! BTW here in my area, they will take any card (Visa, Discover, Master, AMEX or WalMart/SamsClub) at the pump.

If you go to right WalMart and use right AMEX card - you will net 6% on all Sam's Club purchases.

Can the WalMart gift card qualify as entry & payment into a Sam's Club?

onlypinkfloyd said:   invisible said:   Nice!

What are you, a serial Killer?

ablang said:   Can the WalMart gift card qualify as entry & payment into a Sam's Club?

No, at least here in NJ.

No, but not sure you need a card for entry as they haven't been checking here in Houston for a while. Don't know if they will allow you to checkout without a membership card unless you have a guest pass - there would be a surcharge added if you are not a member.

MoneyOCD said:   JuNooNi said:   To make it really sweat, You can use prepaid Visa card (hint: with certain flavor) to effectively get 5% Cash Back but you must have Ink Bold card and know how to use it efficiently! BTW here in my area, they will take any card (Visa, Discover, Master, AMEX or WalMart/SamsClub) at the pump.

If you go to right WalMart and use right AMEX card - you will net 6% on all Sam's Club purchases.

how? I have AMEX blue cash but I think WalMart/sams is in the 1% "other" category- I get 5% CashBack on groceries, gas.

This has been around awhile....I remember doing this with the Chase Cash Plus card that consistently coded Super WalMart as grocery for 5% back...

There are quite a few ways to get WalMart gift cards from sign-up bonuses....last year, SW Card had 50k points and 20% off gift card redemption.

Also, Discover Card has the 50 Sam's Club/Bonus gift card for 40 dollars. Ordered up 5 of
those today.

AMEX (Blue Cash) definitely does not get grocery category at SuperWalmart. Visa and Mastercard have better success yes.

so how do you get them to get grocery status?

WalMart Neighborhood Market?

Vanilla10 said:   WalMart Neighborhood Market?

Bingo

imbatman said:   uutxs said:   I believe same works with Costco (with more pre-planning).

No you don't. You can buy the card online without a costco membership, but it costs an extra $5 or so.

Not according to Costco -
"You must be a Costco member to purchase or reload Costco Cash Cards. Members and non-members may use the cash cards to shop at any Costco location in the United States, Puerto Rico or on costco.com. Costco Cash balances may be used toward membership or merchandise."

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.