• Go to page :
  • 1 23
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Received an email this morning from Citi stating "You may be eligible for a credit limit increase." Clicked the link to see if an inquiry was involved, and was pleased to see this note:

"It's easy to find out if you qualify for a credit limit increase. A credit bureau inquiry is not required."

They asked 4 questions: wages; other income; residence status; monthly rent or mortgage payments. The verdict was instantaneous. It worked on several of mine and my wife's Citi accounts, but not all of them. If you click the link, log-in, then get the page which I outlined above, then you should be good to go. If it takes you to the old page where an inquiry is required, then you know that particular account is not eligible for this offer.

creditlimitincrease.citi.com

or click on the link

Citi CL Increase

or call 888-830-6228 by Oct 5th

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
I verified that if you cancel the CLI offer, you won't be able to get to the same no-inquiry page again

scripta (Sep. 29, 2012 @ 9:15p) |

I got this in one and a 30 minute decision in the other. I hope it didn't result in a hard credit pull. I m guessing I w... (more)

expired (Oct. 01, 2012 @ 2:10a) |

I remember reading this thread a few weeks ago, and when I logged in, I saw the CLI menu and went ahead and give it a tr... (more)

Logan71 (Nov. 16, 2012 @ 9:36p) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I just did this as well and got +$3,000 on my limit instantly, no inquiry necessary. Definitely worth doing

Saw this last night on my account. Increased my Forward card's limit by >50%.

I saw this in my inbox this morning too, and got an instant $3,700 bump. The redirect site when clicking through from the email was very slow, making me think that they did a pretty large email campaign overnight.

Any downside for doing this? In other words, would it hurt chances of applying for a new card later, given citi's total exposure to you will be higher than before requesting a CLI?

I got the email too. The email only mentioned one of my cards, but when I clicked on the link and logged in, there was a pop-down menu with a choice of two cards (I have 5 Citi Cards total). I was able to get increases (apparently without inquiries) on both. Good deal.

After entering my data, got the may pull credit for my account and the GF's

kwest said:   Any downside for doing this? In other words, would it hurt chances of applying for a new card later, given citi's total exposure to you will be higher than before requesting a CLI?

Common sense tells you this hurts your chances of instant approval on a future Citi card, - especially in the short run.

More than likely you should be able to use the recon line to move credit if necessary.

~ Good point. This could mess someone up planning to do a "two browser trick" or something of that nature. Although I'm certain you could have the limit decrease first.

**** For anyone like myself that doesn't know what the "Old form" looks like:
It asks you to request an amount of increase, annual income, etc. Then on the second page it warns you that there may be a credit inquiry.

Per HKnight below, if you don't see confirmation of no inquiry on the first page you're looking at the old form.

- No love from Citi for me.
For comparison purposes I've had both my Citi Cards slightly under and over a year. One Citi card is one of my cards with the highest limit, (Has a high balance at 0%). Other Citi has a relatively modest limit, and when I applied for it they asked me if I wanted to move any limit from the other card (Did not). Also my credit score is the about the same or slightly lower than when I applied for the cards. (Due to the high 0% balance on two cards).

It clearly says on the initial CLI request page if there will be no inquiry (maybe not in those words), so if you're not seeing that, there will be a pull.

I got the email re: one of my cards that they had slashed the limit on several years ago (~$20k limit ->$500). Got a +$1000 increase... I'll take it.

Tried this for the other accounts in my profile... only worked for one other, another +$1000, and I didn't get any email about that one.

The link just takes me to the normal CLI page that citi has always had, no mention of "It's easy to find out if you qualify for a credit limit increase. A credit bureau inquiry is not required."

Maybe I'm not eligible.

Yes, the "A credit bureau inquiry is not required" is the magic language. Fill out that form and there will not be a pull.

no luck for me ..On the next page it states citi will do a credit pull.

No go here, but I've only had my card for a month or two. Thanks for posting.

Got an email notifying me of an auto increase this morning. Unfortunately, it's on my Dividend card that I never use unless the quarterly bonus is good. That limit is now over 10K while my Forward is still at measly 2500

Anyone have the same result as me? I often click the link to see if I'm eligible, but really haven't gotten anything in the past few years. I also like to check out the balance transfer offers every so often.

Recently got hit with a high credit limit decrease after doing one of the two listed above. I never did a hard pull...

Currently have a Citi CashReturns card w/ a $22,000 line - submitted request to increase line by $3,000. Got this response: We received your $3,000.00 Credit Increase request and have forwarded it to our Credit Department for review. To find out if you're been approved, please wait at least 30 minutes from the time of your request, then sign on to Account Online. Please watch your personal email for the outcome of your Credit Line Increase request. If your request was made between the hours of 6:00am and 11:00pm CT our Credit Department will be sending you an email in 30 minutes with a decision. Enroll in Paperless Letters to receive your response sooner. An email will be sent to you when your response is ready to be viewed in the Document Center. Otherwise a written response will be mailed to you within 7 to 10 business days.

It has been a number of years since I received/applied for an increase. With QE3 just around the corner, just may need the increased limit.

20 minutes later received this:

Congratulations! We are pleased to approve your request for a higher credit limit on your account. Your new credit limit is $25,000 and is already available for your use. If you have any further questions about your account, please call us at 1-800-950-5114. We value you as a customer and appreciate the opportunity to serve your financial needs.

Sincerely,

Credit Management

Received the same email this morning.

Attempted luv buttons, got a soft-pull CLI on 3 cards. The cards are presently sock-drawered, mostly former no fee 0% BT cards from AOR's many years ago. The CLI's help my credit score so it's all good.

Citi Forward, which is the card that I actually use regularly, isn't a soft-pull (full form).

This kind of reminds me on the days when the CLI's were "on crack".

I NEVER NEVER reply to any type of Email silicitaion that request my personal info. If I want CLI I'll initiate the contact myself.

" By submitting this form you authorize Citibank, N.A. to check your credit history. " YMMV

just did 2 lines... instant approval

SilverII said:   just did 2 lines...You mean CL increase, right?

motsuka said:   " By submitting this form you authorize Citibank, N.A. to check your credit history. " YMMV

Same for me x 3 cards. Of note, I do have a new-ish (4 mos. old) card.

Got the email, too - instant $2,100 increase on a card I never use - no pull.

I did not get an email however, I accessed the credit limit increase screen on my forward card and do not get the magic "credit bureau credit inquiry is not needed" language. I went ahead typed in my info anyways, and they told me a "by submitting this form I authorize Citi to check my credit, etc". I figured what the hell and asked for a $5k increase and hit submit. Came back and told me they could approve me for $2k instantly and no credit report was pulled. YMMV though...

I received an email where they bumped my limit from $8500 to $12500. I have 0 activity on the card.

Got the email this morning for one of our four Citi Cards (all registered to the same online account). Clicking the button gave me an option of two CC accounts, one of mine and one for DW (both pretty much unused). Tried both and got $2K increase on both cards.

Chris.

vzwe said:   I NEVER NEVER reply to any type of Email silicitaion that request my personal info. If I want CLI I'll initiate the contact myself.
That's very good advice and is precisely the reason that I took the risk upon myself first, requested the CL increase, then logged in to my account and verified the actual bump before coming here and sharing the idea with the non-ingrates.

i just tried it out and got a 3K increase notification email within 30 minutes. woot!

got the "no credit inquiry" page after clicking email link, instant 3K CL increase after salary and mortgage/rent data entered

Didn't ask for it, but I got a $4800 CLI for whatever reason, and was notified by email today. I'll take it.

nice this worked on 2 of my cards

Got the email. "A credit bureau inquiry is not required." was on the form. Filled it out. Was approved for a 25% increase, bringing the line to just over $10k. No pull. Use the card for one transaction a month.

I received a 300% increase. CL was $500 ... oh well. $25k on 2 other Citi Cards.

Went from 6.5k to 10k on mine, ty citi

Got 3k on my citi mastercard. No go on other cards. Like others said, the form is very clear that there will be no hard pull.

I got a slightly different e-mail about 20 hours ago: "Good News- We've Increased Your Revolving Credit Limit". Indeed, one of my cards' credit limits had been increased by $3k.

SilverII said:   just did 2 lines... instant approval
I did 2 lines as well. Then I found this post, and had no luck in getting Citibank to increase my credit card limits

hmm... apparently ten months isn't "long enough history with citibank." go figure!

score. credit pull not required. was offered 2000 added to my Forward's 2600 line.

Skipping 46 Messages...
I remember reading this thread a few weeks ago, and when I logged in, I saw the CLI menu and went ahead and give it a try.

Requested to double my current credit limited, received the '30 minute decision' note, and was approved in an email to me today. Surprised they didnt counter-offer a lower CLI, but pleased nonetheless.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014