• filter:
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
I checked some flights today and it looked like devaluation already occurred today (3/31)

rated:
simplemark1 said:   Got several quotes on Amex MR points that I wanted to sell.  Thought I'd share them and match up the sites with the buyers names for those who follow this thread.

Speeroo.com (Jack): offers 1.5 cpm (cents per mile) but I can't find out much about them...kind of sketchy website.  When I tried to follow-up, I didn't hear back from him.
Rewards2cash.com (Vince):  offers 1.22 cpm on their website, but offered 1.35 cpm when I asked for a quote.
Flyer-miles.com (Doug): offered 1.1 cpm (too low for me).
Mabrokerage.com (Ethan): offered 1.35 cpm and was very responsive and has good references.
ShlomoSmiles.com also goes by miles4cash (Alex or Anela): offered 1.4 cpm but there are 3 bad reports for them on ripoff reports.
getpeyd.com (Moshe): offered 1.3 cpm.
flipmymiles.com (Seth): offered 1.2 cpm.
themileshub.com (sruly): offered 1.28 cpm.
sellmileage.com (Ash): offered 1.2 cpm.
milesbuyer.com (Eli):  didn't respond to 2 requests for quotes.
mileageforcash.com (Ray):  offered 1.45 cpm, but made me nervous with no physical address and the phone goes to a cell number in CA.
bestmilesbrokers.com (Bruce, aka Flighthunter):  offered 1.4 cpm with paypal or chase quickpay. 

Trust is everything in these transactions.  Do your own due diligence on the company you select.  Hope this helps someone.

About that time I also did my quote-O-rama: but important thing is also to ask "do they need your account login/password?"
This is  V E R Y   Important -- some of the above want all your account info and others let you do on your own.
Please ask every one of the above which way they operate.

In my case ultimately, deciding between 2 offers of 1.5c/mile and 2 of 1.4 c/mile with differences in the way they operate etc,
Another thing I heard during validation at Amex they ask questions that these 3rd party could screw up and invite their fraud dept then you are screwed
So while mulling on that I found a flight I liked on Delta across the whole country that got me 4 round trip tickets for 100K (plus transfer fees) so dropped the idea of selling miles.

rated:
Deleted

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014