• filter:
  • 14567 8
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
forbin4040 said:   They are woth .005 for airfare..tranfering them to an airline reward program is worth about .015 depending on promos
††
Thanks,Forbin and Heyeagle. †AMEX tells me that I can receive $.01†by using my MR points for airfare. I have a Business Platinum card. Perhaps the reimbursement rate differs with other AMEX cards. Does anyone have experience using MR for direct AMEX bookings?

rated:
sayhey said:   
forbin4040 said:   They are woth .005 for airfare..tranfering them to an airline reward program is worth about .015 depending on promos
††
Thanks,Forbin and Heyeagle. †AMEX tells me that I can receive $.01†by using my MR points for airfare. I have a Business Platinum card. Perhaps the reimbursement rate differs with other AMEX cards. Does anyone have experience using MR for direct AMEX bookings?

† Yes, that is the same for me. †Not only that, but you get a 20% rebate when you use MR on airfare, which makes it even better.

rated:
VerbalK said:   UHOH

http://www.dansdeals.com/archives/46389#comments

††
Sonofabitch!!!

rated:
heyeaglefn said:   
† Again, this depends on the type of card you have.

† ?

AmexTravel is separate, they don't depend on the card. †They depend that you have MR.
When I went there all I saw was $0.005 per point I had.
And you can get $0.01 on GiftCards, but you must buy at least $1000. (If I remember right)

I'm just pointing out that SAYHEY's posting is a little inaccurate as I've been on the site as recently as 2 days ago and this is what I saw.

rated:
forbin4040 said:   
heyeaglefn said:   
† Again, this depends on the type of card you have.

† ?

AmexTravel is separate, they don't depend on the card. †They depend that you have MR.
And you can get $0.01 on GiftCards, but you must buy at least $1000. (If I remember right)

I'm just pointing out that SAYHEY's posting is a little inaccurate as I've been on the site as recently as 2 days ago and this is what I saw.

† If you have an Amex Business Platinum card, and you book through AmexTravel, you get 1 cent per point redemption rate, plus 20% rebate.

rated:
forbin4040 said:   

††
Forbin, I think that you can get $.01 if you buy retail gift cards. If you purchase AMEX cash cards, you get $.005.†

Heyeagle and I are in accordance about the $0.01 for airfare booked with AMEX and the 20% return of MR points. I guess that I'll have to agree to disagree with you.†

rated:

Proof (30.86kB)
Disclaimer
sayhey said:   
forbin4040 said:   

††
Forbin, I think that you can get $.01 if you buy retail gift cards. If you purchase AMEX cash cards, you get $.005.†

Heyeagle and I are in accordance about the $0.01 for airfare booked with AMEX and the 20% return of MR points. I guess that I'll have to agree to disagree with you.†

† Please tell me how to pay $0.01 for travel, I am VERY interested

Here's what I see
$521 or 104,198 miles.
https://www.amextravel.com/flight_searches/3386483

Edit : Oh I see, 20% bonus with the Amex Business Platinum Card. †Honestly I don't think a single card granting that benefit is worth mentioning in a general statement of Amex gives $0.01 for Travel. †I suspect most only get $0.005

rated:
rewards2cash has†started buying AMEX again as of today.

He must have found away around AMEX's new restrictions
or maybe this was a false alarm and AMEX is not restricting points useage?

rated:
sloppy1 said:   rewards2cash has†started buying AMEX again as of today.

He must have found away around AMEX's new restrictions
or maybe this was a false alarm and AMEX is not restricting points useage?

††It's all in the game, yo...

rated:
Just an FYI, if your Amex card is a No Annual Fee card, you might be getting MR Express which is Different than normal Membership Rewards where you cannot transfer them to airlines (Only can buy things from American Express directly)

No one will trade for MREs. owells.

rated:
Anyone tried selling MR points since Amex made the change? I see that rewards2cash says they're taking them but I'm wondering how risky it is.

rated:
Maverick915 said:   Anyone tried selling MR points since Amex made the change? I see that rewards2cash says they're taking them but I'm wondering how risky it is.
††Bumping this to the top - have 50k MR coming in a few weeks and also curious on how this will work.† Anyone have any info on any MR point brokers after the change?† Push come to shove I don't mind trying to get a penny a point, but I only got the card with the intention of selling the points off.

rated:
I have sold about 400k chase points to Eli over the last year, he always pays me up front and makes the transfers quick and easy. He offers a competitive rate and is great to deal with.

rated:
I had initially wanted to sell my MR points, around 110,000, which were earned with a Business Platinum card promotion. However, I DON'T want to risk jeopardizing my relationship with AMEX because I use their Old Blue card extensively for food, fuel, and drugstores. I therefore have been getting $.012/pt. from them for air travel. I'm happy to pass on the $0.13/pt offered elsewhere. †

Good Luck,†

rated:
I sold 51k to Bruce the other day. Simple and has a very competitive rate. I recommend and will use him in the future.

rated:
What rate did you get?

rated:
I sold 55k points to Vince over at rewards2cash for $0.013/point about two weeks ago. Process took about ten minutes to complete. Opted for ye olde check in the mail which arrived within a week. Easy money.

rated:
isn't this whole thread ILLEGAL?

The terms of the Membership Rewards program have long stated that you can only transfer Membership Rewards points to frequent flyer accounts in your own name:Points are not your property. You canít transfer points to any other person or program account. Additionally, points canít be transferred by operation of law, such as by inheritance, in bankruptcy or in connection with a divorce.

rated:
AugustFour said:   isn't this whole thread ILLEGAL?

The terms of the Membership Rewards program have long stated that you can only transfer Membership Rewards points to frequent flyer accounts in your own name:Points are not your property. You canít transfer points to any other person or program account. Additionally, points canít be transferred by operation of law, such as by inheritance, in bankruptcy or in connection with a divorce.

† Illegal? no
This thread also isn't in violation of their T&C. Discussion about selling points might be, and even if it is. it's not illegal

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014