• filter:
  • 145 6 78
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Fly1ngBull3t said:   just sold off the last bunch of my chase points before the deval to mabrokerage

+1

what rate?  I have used Bruce, Eli, and a few others for Amex, Delta, and other points.

rated:
CraftyCraft said:   I've checked current rates on several services including the guys discussed in this thread. The best offer I've been able to find (between Eli, Bruce, Speeroo, and a couple of other brokers) is 1.5 cpp through Speeroo. I've never dealt with them before and am a bit uneasy just because of their bare bones site and the delay between points transfer and payment (3-4 days per email from broker). Can anyone share their experiences with Speeroo?
Just to follow up on my experience...

I took the dive and worked with Jack at Speeroo.com to sell 55k MR points. The transaction was very smooth and I feel that I received the best value currently being offered for the points: 1.5 cpp without any fuss. The buyer allowed me to initiate the transfer myself so I did not need to share my login information. I send a screenshot of the confirmation and a couple of days later he followed up with the agreed upon payment through BoA's person-to-person transfer service. I do wish they would spruce up their site a bit to make it more inviting, but they did exactly what they said they would. I hope this helps out anyone looking to sell off some points!

rated:
Best options for Chase UR points? I want to liquidate my UR or MR points, one or the other. I have about 60k in either, but I was leaning towards getting rid of the UR points for now. Seems like Speeroo offers the best price but he is MR only.

rated:
Goldfishes said:   Best options for Chase UR points? I want to liquidate my UR or MR points, one or the other. I have about 60k in either, but I was leaning towards getting rid of the UR points for now. Seems like Speeroo offers the best price but he is MR only.
  There's a thread for UR points. Find it, and use it.

rated:
FYI:

Speeroo said yesterday that he doesn't need MR points at the moment.

Just did a transaction with Bruce/Flighthunter for 1.4¢ per point.  Seamless.

rated:
I searched and couldn't find it in Finance. Any links?

rated:
mlf50 said:   I searched and couldn't find it in Finance. Any links?
  Linky 

rated:
jess888 said:   FYI:

Speeroo said yesterday that he doesn't need MR points at the moment.

Just did a transaction with Bruce/Flighthunter for 1.4¢ per point.  Seamless.

Did you have over 100K?

rated:
It was 51,000

rated:
I can also vouch for Bruce, just sold 60K+ points - the entire process only took about 20 minutes from initial contact to points transferred / payment via Paypal. Straightforward and a great value - thanks Bruce!

rated:
sloppy1 said:   Who is Speeroo?
  I'm guessing it's www.speeroo.com

rated:
Sorry for a newbie question: with 52K points feasible to book cross country 2 return trip flights ?
Plan is to book 4 round trip tickets with 52K miles each on 2 Amex cards ....

Else I will want to cash in the points with one of the people discussed here.

If booking with points does that have to be via Amextravel.com after login to Amex card account?
Would it be better to transfer points to an airline with hub close by then book through points on airline's award travel?

EDIT:

I found Amex => delta.com/award booking showed 3 tier mileage levels, only saver 25k/trip with limited dates could work, as std miles is 40k round trip.
If someone has better suggestions or specific airlines having higher dates availability in general I can try looking there.

Also does Amex or Delta charge/eat up anything to transfer points to airline? Is airline booking better or through Amex itself in general?
Thanks for any tips on the above ...

rated:
50k AMEX MR CAN get 2 roundtrip saver level tickets.
Good luck finding 4 saver tickets on delta on the same flight.
you are charged a very very small fee transferring AMEX MR To Delta.

What airports are you flying to/from? If there's a direct option on American Airlines, consider British Airways Avios.

rated:
There are a lot more options for US domestic than just Delta.

Amex to BA- Redeem on AA for domestic
Amex to Air Canada or ANA- Redeem on UA, US for domestic (*US only until they leave Star Alliance and join Oneworld)

The various permutations of this are covered pretty well by the miles and points bloggers.

rated:
hi guys, I'm about to sell my Amex MR points as well but just learned Amex may or will charge $0.0006 to transfer points depending on which partner airlines the points are transferred to. Has anyone here had to deal with this fee? I was expecting 1.4 cents / mile on 50k MR points =$700 but if I have to deal with a transfer fee then its $670 ($30 fee from Amex).

"Membership Rewards® Program - Transfer Points
Enrollment in a participating Frequent Flyer program is required. Airline tickets are subject to availability. For each conversion of points into the Frequent Flyer program of a U.S. airline, a fee of $0.0006 per point, with a maximum fee of $99, will be charged to your Card account. We charge this fee to offset the federal excise tax we must pay on such conversions. The fee may be more or less than the actual amount of the excise tax we pay on any individual conversion. We may offer you the option to redeem points to pay this fee."

rated:
asahi21 said:   hi guys, I'm about to sell my Amex MR points as well but just learned Amex may or will charge $0.0006 to transfer points depending on which partner airlines the points are transferred to. Has anyone here had to deal with this fee? I was expecting 1.4 cents / mile on 50k MR points =$700 but if I have to deal with a transfer fee then its $670 ($30 fee from Amex).

Enrollment in a participating Frequent Flyer program is required. Airline tickets are subject to availability. For each conversion of points into the Frequent Flyer program of a U.S. airline, a fee of $0.0006 per point, with a maximum fee of $99, will be charged to your Card account. We charge this fee to offset the federal excise tax we must pay on such conversions. The fee may be more or less than the actual amount of the excise tax we pay on any individual conversion. We may offer you the option to redeem points to pay this fee."

Just ask them what airline before you do the deal.  I sold MR points last year transferring to a non-US airline and there was no fee.

rated:
Thanks 69ragtop, I cant seem to find information on the Amex website regarding which airline partners has no fees. Any help would be appreciated.

rated:
asahi21 said:   Thanks 69ragtop, I cant seem to find information on the Amex website regarding which airline partners has no fees. Any help would be appreciated.

It's charged for U.S.-based airlines. So Delta, Frontier, JetBlue, etc

rated:
ahhh, yes, thank you dukerau. I will be sure to ask beforehand. I will keep you guys updated.

rated:
Also beware you will incur 3% paypal fees from some brokers when they pay you.  Personally I'd rather get a check vs. paying 3% paypal fees.

rated:
asahi21 said:   hi guys, I'm about to sell my Amex MR points as well but just learned Amex may or will charge $0.0006 to transfer points depending on which partner airlines the points are transferred to. Has anyone here had to deal with this fee? I was expecting 1.4 cents / mile on 50k MR points =$700 but if I have to deal with a transfer fee then its $670 ($30 fee from Amex).

Any broker that tries to get off without paying the 60 cent/per whatever transfer fees is just being greedy. Mabrokerage once had me transfer to delta and I asked them about the fees and they were like surprised, they said they get paid by the agent for the fees so why wouldnt they pay me for them?

rated:
I just wanted to follow up and let you guys know I had a flawless transaction with mileageforcash.
I was offered 1.4 cpp.

I asked about Amex charging transfer fees and he said there would be none since they mostly transfer to non us based airlines.

He requested I not change my password and leave the active (should I decide to close) for the next 2 days.

Payment was sent and credited to me via Chase Quick Pay as soon as the transaction was completed.

We were on the phone throughout the entire process and even had time for small talk.

rated:
update:

Its a good thing I didnt use my primary email because I'm now receiving 3x as much spam mail.

rated:
Got several quotes on Amex MR points that I wanted to sell.  Thought I'd share them and match up the sites with the buyers names for those who follow this thread.

Speeroo.com (Jack): offers 1.5 cpm (cents per mile) but I can't find out much about them...kind of sketchy website.  When I tried to follow-up, I didn't hear back from him.
Rewards2cash.com (Vince):  offers 1.22 cpm on their website, but offered 1.35 cpm when I asked for a quote.
Flyer-miles.com (Doug): offered 1.1 cpm (too low for me).
Mabrokerage.com (Ethan): offered 1.35 cpm and was very responsive and has good references.
ShlomoSmiles.com also goes by miles4cash (Alex or Anela): offered 1.4 cpm but there are 3 bad reports for them on ripoff reports.
getpeyd.com (Moshe): offered 1.3 cpm.
flipmymiles.com (Seth): offered 1.2 cpm.
themileshub.com (sruly): offered 1.28 cpm.
sellmileage.com (Ash): offered 1.2 cpm.
milesbuyer.com (Eli):  didn't respond to 2 requests for quotes.
mileageforcash.com (Ray):  offered 1.45 cpm, but made me nervous with no physical address and the phone goes to a cell number in CA.
bestmilesbrokers.com (Bruce, aka Flighthunter):  offered 1.4 cpm with paypal or chase quickpay. 

Trust is everything in these transactions.  Do your own due diligence on the company you select.  Hope this helps someone.

rated:
I believe Bruce is at bestmilesbrokers.com, not milesbrokers.com

rated:
You're right.  I made the correction.  Thanks.

rated:
I had a good experience w. Bruce, helping a friend sell UR points.

rated:
How do i contact Bruce? Do i just go on Bestmilesbrokers.com?

rated:
I have sold Delta, SPG, and United miles to milesbuyer.com several times over the past few months and the process was very quick and secure. He always paid up front via paypal and even offered to split the fees with me sometimes. Will definitely continue using.

rated:
Used Bruce last week.  He paid me 1.375 ccm.  Quick and no fuss.

rated:
Does it ever make sense to book tickets or is selling the points for, say. 1.4/cents per point, pretty much always make more sense? And, assuming you sell, say, Bruce, 100,000 points, what do you end up with in pocket net of all expenses? Sorry if this has been covered, I'm new to this forum.

rated:
Transaction done with Bruce. Sold 120k MR. Very quickly and painless. He kept in touch with me throughout the process. Will sell again.

rated:
solotar said:   Does it ever make sense to book tickets or is selling the points for, say. 1.4/cents per point, pretty much always make more sense? And, assuming you sell, say, Bruce, 100,000 points, what do you end up with in pocket net of all expenses? Sorry if this has been covered, I'm new to this forum.

Obviously points can be worth more, otherwise the brokers wouldn't buy them from you. If you actually want to fly somewhere, using points can be an amazing deal. For 100k points you could get airline tickets worth several thousand dollars. Check out websites like thepointsguy and millionmilesecrets, where people travel the world in luxury using airline points.

However, going this route is not for everyone, for a couple of reasons:
1) It takes a lot more work.
2) You need to actually have a reason to fly, and domestic flights usually wouldn't be a better deal (though if you need last minute tickets it might be worth it to use points vs. selling them).
3) The best exchange rates come from flying business or first class, but that's partly because those classes are generally overpriced. If you are just flying Coach, then you won't usually get a better dollars/points ratio by flying than you could by selling. But again, sometimes points may get you a much better deal at the last minute vs. using cash, so the Coach rule may not always hold.

For your other question: When I sold points to rewards2cash, I got 1.32 cents/mile and transferred points to Canada AeroPlan, so there weren't any fees. Ended up with exactly $1320 after transferring 100k miles. They sent a check, so it was a bit slower, but then I didn't have to pay any fees.

rated:
Just completed a transaction with Bruce for 77K Amex points. Easier than I was expecting and all done within 30 minutes.

rated:
What's the best way to use a low number of points (less then 500)?

rated:
Done a transaction with Bruce this afternoon for 53K Amex points @1.4cpp. All communications were thru emails. A lot easier than I thought. Received the paypal payment right away. Great to do business with Bruce.

rated:
Interested in contacting Bruce for quote. Still don't have his info other than typing name 3 times LoL.

Can I get contact info please?

rated:
You may by looking 2/3 up the page.

rated:
Anyone looking to sell Southwest let me know.
I need some today before the devaluation.
PM me

rated:
I checked some flights today and it looked like devaluation already occurred today (3/31)

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014