• filter:
  • 12 3 458
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
search AA.com. If there's sAAver availability, you should be able to get that flight with Avios.

rated:
Limited availability but yes I do see some flights that will work. These do not show up via the BA website. How do I use my avios to buy these from the AA site?

rated:
69ragtop said:   Is he a FW member? If so, can we just PM him?

Don't think so.

rated:
GuP said:   Limited availability but yes I do see some flights that will work. These do not show up via the BA website. How do I use my avios to buy these from the AA site?

I dunno, never had that happen. Try calling BA?

rated:
Yep, try calling. Also, if you are using multi-airport codes (like NYC), try searching using specific codes, as sometimes more flights show up. But I have seen at times sAAver awards available at AA site, but not at BA.

rated:
is there a best FW way to cash out 47k AMEX points and 37k chase UR points? most people say travel is best with chase, but i'm really looking to convert to cash or cash equivalents.

rated:
Thanks guys. I will call AA soon and keep you all posted.

rated:
No. Call ba. Not aa

rated:
imbatman said:   You're not going to do much better (if better at all) than 1 cent per point for cash/gift card options.

My personal favorite is to convert to Singapore airlines KrisFlyer, then redeem on United (star alliance partner) - 60k KrisFlyer miles gets first class United ticket anywhere in US to Hawaii. (for me that's a $2000-2500 ticket, or 3-4 cpp). That's not a great option for folks that want cash tho.

edit: I stink at math, corrected the cpp value


How do I redeem these on United? I'm assuming I have to make a phone call and do it?

rated:
hebron1427 said:   is there a best FW way to cash out 47k AMEX points and 37k chase UR points? most people say travel is best with chase, but i'm really looking to convert to cash or cash equivalents.
Low risk, as others have said previously you should be able to get 1 cent per point in cash in the usual ways (statement credits, etc.).

Higher risk (higher reward?), note the discussion over the past page or so about Bruce. There's another thread around here (probably the UR specific one) that mentions people having their accounts locked after transferring points to him, though. Not that it's his fault, but apparently Chase doesn't like people using their UR points this way. Not sure about AMEX.

rated:
kvs25 said:   imbatman said:   You're not going to do much better (if better at all) than 1 cent per point for cash/gift card options.

My personal favorite is to convert to Singapore airlines KrisFlyer, then redeem on United (star alliance partner) - 60k KrisFlyer miles gets first class United ticket anywhere in US to Hawaii. (for me that's a $2000-2500 ticket, or 3-4 cpp). That's not a great option for folks that want cash tho.

edit: I stink at math, corrected the cpp value


How do I redeem these on United? I'm assuming I have to make a phone call and do it?


you have to call singapore air (213) 404-0301

rated:
Where do you find online the ability to use 60,000 Kris Flyer points for a FC RT within the US in Biz or to Hawaii.

rated:
cjohnson1 said:   Where do you find online the ability to use 60,000 Kris Flyer points for a FC RT within the US in Biz or to Hawaii.

I previously stated that you have to call.
online you can only use Krisflier miles on Singapore airlines flights. If you want to use miles on partner awards you have to call.

rated:
imbatman said:   You're not going to do much better (if better at all) than 1 cent per point for cash/gift card options.

My personal favorite is to convert to Singapore airlines KrisFlyer, then redeem on United (star alliance partner) - 60k KrisFlyer miles gets first class United ticket anywhere in US to Hawaii. (for me that's a $2000-2500 ticket, or 3-4 cpp). That's not a great option for folks that want cash tho.

edit: I stink at math, corrected the cpp value


I am looking at United website and it shows 80,000 miles for first-class round trip ticket (plus 20,000 if both FB and Biz are offered, not sure what that means, only that the total appears to be 100,000 points), am I missing something?

https://www.united.com/web/en-US/apps/mileageplus/awards/travel/...

rated:
LukFilm said:   imbatman said:   You're not going to do much better (if better at all) than 1 cent per point for cash/gift card options.

My personal favorite is to convert to Singapore airlines KrisFlyer, then redeem on United (star alliance partner) - 60k KrisFlyer miles gets first class United ticket anywhere in US to Hawaii. (for me that's a $2000-2500 ticket, or 3-4 cpp). That's not a great option for folks that want cash tho.

edit: I stink at math, corrected the cpp value


I am looking at United website and it shows 80,000 miles for first-class round trip ticket (plus 20,000 if both FB and Biz are offered, not sure what that means, only that the total appears to be 100,000 points), am I missing something?

https://www.united.com/web/en-US/apps/mileageplus/awards/travel/...


yes. If you're on the United website, you're using the United redemption chart. You cannot transfer AMEX MR to United miles.
Singapore Airlines has a different partner travel redemption chart that requires a different value of miles for redemptions.

rated:
imbatman said:   LukFilm said:   imbatman said:   You're not going to do much better (if better at all) than 1 cent per point for cash/gift card options.

My personal favorite is to convert to Singapore airlines KrisFlyer, then redeem on United (star alliance partner) - 60k KrisFlyer miles gets first class United ticket anywhere in US to Hawaii. (for me that's a $2000-2500 ticket, or 3-4 cpp). That's not a great option for folks that want cash tho.

edit: I stink at math, corrected the cpp value


I am looking at United website and it shows 80,000 miles for first-class round trip ticket (plus 20,000 if both FB and Biz are offered, not sure what that means, only that the total appears to be 100,000 points), am I missing something?

https://www.united.com/web/en-US/apps/mileageplus/awards/travel/...


yes. If you're on the United website, you're using the United redemption chart. You cannot transfer AMEX MR to United miles.
Singapore Airlines has a different partner travel redemption chart that requires a different value of miles for redemptions.


Ah, OK, thanks. 60,000 then comes from this chart - http://www.singaporeair.com/pdf/ppsclub_krisflyer/charts/StarAll... Planning a trip to Hawaii one of these years, so this comes in handy. Much appreciated!

rated:
I am not getting a statement credit ratio of 1cent per point. Anyone else have the same experience?

rated:
buckaroo777 said:   I am not getting a statement credit ratio of 1cent per point. Anyone else have the same experience?

Yes...I'd wager that everyone else who has an American Express Card has the same experience.

rated:
imbatman said:   You're not going to do much better (if better at all) than 1 cent per point for cash/gift card options.

My personal favorite is to convert to Singapore airlines KrisFlyer, then redeem on United (star alliance partner) - 60k KrisFlyer miles gets first class United ticket anywhere in US to Hawaii. (for me that's a $2000-2500 ticket, or 3-4 cpp). That's not a great option for folks that want cash tho.

edit: I stink at math, corrected the cpp value


Thanks for the tip. I'm curious if the availability of reward flights is the same or limited by United.

rated:
Limited to an extent. If there is saver availability on united. You can book with kf miles.
If there is no saver award availability on united, but if regular award using united miles is available, you cannot use kf miles.

FYI, I just booked two biz class tickets. Revenue fare was $6500 total (over 5 cpp value) The Coach fare I would have paid for was $1900 (1.6 cpp value).

rated:
imbatman said:   Limited to an extent. If there is saver availability on united. You can book with kf miles.
If there is no saver award availability on united, but if regular award using united miles is available, you cannot use kf miles.

FYI, I just booked two biz class tickets. Revenue fare was $6500 total (over 5 cpp value) The Coach fare I would have paid for was $1900 (1.6 cpp value).


That's a great use of MR points. Does all Star Alliance availability come up when searching United award travel? Some routes show very limited saver awards on higher classes. Economy is easier.

rated:
lokimoki said:   imbatman said:   Limited to an extent. If there is saver availability on united. You can book with kf miles.
If there is no saver award availability on united, but if regular award using united miles is available, you cannot use kf miles.

FYI, I just booked two biz class tickets. Revenue fare was $6500 total (over 5 cpp value) The Coach fare I would have paid for was $1900 (1.6 cpp value).


That's a great use of MR points. Does all Star Alliance availability come up when searching United award travel? Some routes show very limited saver awards on higher classes. Economy is easier.


Kinda OT, but united search engine does show some star alliance availability. Not sure if it's ALL. ANA search tool shows all star alliance but it's harder to use.
Economy is easier. Flexibility is key. I'm flying out of MEM through Houston rather than ATL through LAX because there wasn't saver availability in biz class on the ATL-LAX route.

rated:
If you sell the points to a broker, how do you transfer the points to him?

rated:
Thanks for the tips. Award travel is tricky business. Even so, MR > KrisFlyer is potentially a big winner (as you illustrated) and cashing out gift cards at 80% - 90% is a sure loser. MR > BA is a possibility though it's the same "saver" availability problem with higher classes. I don't have much experience with hotel programs or booking rooms with MR. Hoping for a promo in the next couple of months. Gap GCs were once 50% off, that was the best non-flying MR deal I've seen.

rated:
I have the 100k+ from the AMEX Platinum offer earlier this year. What is the best website to sell? I see a lot of places selling 1.4 cents for 100k+

rated:
Anybody use Flipmymiles.com? I was offered 1.4 cents for every point

rated:
Anyone use sellmyrewards.com? It's showing 1.5 cents per MR point, which seems great, but I'm a bit nervous.

rated:
youngcoolguy said:   Anyone use sellmyrewards.com? It's showing 1.5 cents per MR point, which seems great, but I'm a bit nervous.

so anyone used that site yet?

rated:
I have used flip my miles and he did as promised.

rated:
ShyriK said:   youngcoolguy said:   Anyone use sellmyrewards.com? It's showing 1.5 cents per MR point, which seems great, but I'm a bit nervous.

so anyone used that site yet?


I have been unable to find anyone that has used sellmyrewards.com, and I'm a bit hesitant to be the first to try them. They do have one of the best advertised rates I've seen at 1.5 cents per point, but you don't get that rate until you hit 100k points. Below that it is a sliding scale (see below). I tried to call their number, but got a voicemail saying they are closed until Friday May 17. Honestly, I like to think I have a pretty refined BS meter, and they seem fairly legit.

Rewards2cash.com has lower rates at 100k, but at 50k points they are about the same atm (right now rewards2cash will give you 1.26 cents per point, no matter how many you sell). And other people here and elsewhere have used them with success, so they may be a safer bet, especially if you're not getting the highest rate.

I have 100k points from recent bonuses, and I would love to get 1.5 cents per mile, but I'm not willing to risk it all at once. And doing it piecemeal at lower rates makes it significantly less tempting. If someone has 10k points (the minimum amount) they're willing to test it out with and report back, it would be a big help to some people here.

sellmyrewards.com exchange rates (cpm=cents per mile)
10k-24.9k = 1.1 cpm
25-49.9k = 1.2 cpm
50-74.9k = 1.3 cpm
75-99.9k = 1.4 cpm
100k & up = 1.5 cpm

rated:
It seems rewards2cash has increased their price to 1.32 cents/point.  Good to see price going up.

rated:
Anyone caught selling miles? FT only has a couple of them being caught, the reward/risk ratio seems to favor the seller.

rated:
hotahai said:   Anyone caught selling miles? FT only has a couple of them being caught, the reward/risk ratio seems to favor the seller.

Selling AMEX points has had no adverse effects on me. However, I've heard that selling Chase Ultimate Rewards can cause account closure. I haven't been brave enough to try those yet.

rated:
jaytrader said:   hotahai said:   Anyone caught selling miles? FT only has a couple of them being caught, the reward/risk ratio seems to favor the seller.

Selling AMEX points has had no adverse effects on me. However, I've heard that selling Chase Ultimate Rewards can cause account closure. I haven't been brave enough to try those yet.

BA closed my accounts, after miles were used. Send nasty emails, snail mail, phone calls etc. They closed my accounts. Will try and open new ones in the future.

rated:
Where can you get the best rate for selling AMEX points? I can seem to find anything higher than 1.5. I'm looking to sell around 250,000 in the next few months and want to get the best rate.

rated:
jaytrader said:   hotahai said:   Anyone caught selling miles? FT only has a couple of them being caught, the reward/risk ratio seems to favor the seller.

Selling AMEX points has had no adverse effects on me. However, I've heard that selling Chase Ultimate Rewards can cause account closure. I haven't been brave enough to try those yet.


Who have you sold them to? What rate did you get?

rated:
voisinator said:   jaytrader said:   hotahai said:   Anyone caught selling miles? FT only has a couple of them being caught, the reward/risk ratio seems to favor the seller.

Selling AMEX points has had no adverse effects on me. However, I've heard that selling Chase Ultimate Rewards can cause account closure. I haven't been brave enough to try those yet.


Who have you sold them to? What rate did you get?


rewards2cash.com, I forget the rate, it was quite a while ago. It was definitely over 1c/point though.

rated:
I just received my check from Rewards2cash. Pretty good deal at 1.32 cents per point. I was instructed to transfer my points to Air Canada's Aeroplan program, which is great because it avoids the 0.06 cents/mile excise tax for transfers to domestic airlines (YMMV). I got my check exactly one week after submitting the initial request on the website.

rated:
Has anyone done a successful rewards2cash transaction in the last day or so?

I completed the transfer instructions they sent me about an hour ago and both of my e-mail replies to verify confirmation got bounced back to me as undeliverable.

I then went to their website and filled out their "contact Us" form, and that got bounced back as undeliverable also.

Combine that with the fact that the guy is gonna be "overseas" for an extended trip - and I'm not real happy right now.

Any recommendations on how I can get a hold of this guy to verify the miles have been transferred and get paid?


EDIT: Am now in contact with him and hope to get my check within a week or so. Will update post when the transaction is completed.

EDIT 2: Received and deposited my check. Thank you rewards2cash!

rated:
Just used Bruce for the first time and he was great. Much quicker response time than rewards2cash, which I have also used in the past. They are both reputable but I like the response time of Bruce better.

  • Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply
     
    Click here for full-featured reply.


Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014