• filter:
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
imbatman said:   
nik12ia said:   
EugeneV said:   Huh? You do not need to give anyone any passwords. You can transfer points to THEIR frequent flyer accounts.

I think, they need it for AA or similar programs (they charge a lot for transfer).

You can't transfer AMEX MR to AA.
unless A = Aeromexico

You can do Amex MR => SPG => AA, though not at particularly good value (.33*1.25=.416)

rated:
Zappos and Home Depot gift cards are about as close to cash as you can get.

This whole selling points seems risky at best.

rated:
Bruce, Bruce, Bruce

rated:
Just finished a deal with Alex at Shlomo Miles....deposited funds into my account same day, everything done as promised.

433k points, so every bit extra on per point mattered to me!

rated:
lunchomatic said:   what about a previouse one?)
Yup I down voted that as well. Feel free to down vote this too.  

rated:
Did a form request for quote at milesbuyer and hit Bruce's facebook page for a quote, no response from either, disappointing.

rated:
How long ago did you request a quote?

rated:
robby152 said:   How long ago did you request a quote?
  ~2 weeks

rated:
Try again. I just did a transaction with Bruce yesterday. It went smoothly with no problems. Sold off 179k MR points.

rated:
I can vouch for Eli at milesbuyer dot com. I just completed transfer of a significant amount of MR points for the best price quoted to me by two others. Quick and easy transaction. He paypal'd me the sale amount before I transferred the points.

rated:
Just curious. What programs are these brokers having you send Mr points to?

rated:
Another recommendation for Eli @ milesbuyer

rated:
Another recommendation for Eli @ milesbuyer

rated:
Hi All,

Any one had experience with sellmyrewards? I want to sell ~160K Amex points.

rated:
Another recommendation for Bruce.Very quick response and had the best rates among all the brokers although took the hit for paypal fees.

rated:
What's the rate you got?

rated:
~1.5c/mile

rated:
Is there a site or a way to buy and sell from/to other people instead of going through a broker?

rated:
fatwallet9281 said:   Is there a site or a way to buy and sell from/to other people instead of going through a broker?
  Yes, but trust is an issue.

rated:
So when you sell to a broker, does he pay you first or do you transfer the points first? What does the broker do with the points? Does he resell them?

Are you allowed to mention the sites that let people trade directly with each other?

rated:
What is the other side to this story?  Why do these guys want to buy the miles?  What are they able to do with them that makes them profitable to them?

rated:
They're selling award tickets to a third-party for cash and making the spread, ie. buy 100k miles from you for $1400, then sell a biz class ticket to Europe to someone else for $3500, when a revenue fare costs $5000. Needless to say, this deprives the airlines of revenue and they won't be happy if you get caught.

So, guys who have sold points recently, what programs are the brokers having you send them too?

rated:
How does one cut out the middleman?

rated:
Make a deal with a friend.

I rather do enjoy flying around the world on my points, so for me, selling awards is just not worth the risk.

rated:
Beyond friends, is there a site or way to find sellers?

rated:
If you're buying then everyone in this thread is probably interested,except for me.

rated:
Bruce, where are you?

rated:
Bruce Bruce Bruce

rated:
fatwallet9281 said:   Beyond friends, is there a site or way to find sellers?
I know of a site to find people interested in trading points and miles, but anything that involves selling will be shut down very quickly.

rated:
For selling, I like the folks at Speeroo.com. Got 1.5 cent per Point. The site is bare bones but just click on the Contact Us link at the bottom and they respond quickly.

Now, I am looking for a site where I can buy Points. supersnoop00, what is the site for trading points? I came across one but the conversion rates were dismal. I hope you're not thinking of the same one.

rated:
bruce bruce bruce

rated:
Trying to sell points.

Speeroo is giving 1.5c.
Alex is giving 1.45c.
Bruce is 1.33c.
Eli has not replied to me yet. 2 messages in 10 days.
Have not contacted Sellmyrewards or other sites.

I might be going with Speeroo.
Any reviews on them.

rated:
Duplicate messg.

rated:
Speeroo is fine. Bruce is fine. Eli never replies. No experience with Alex.

rated:
Who is Speeroo?

rated:
I reached out to Speeroo, Alex and Eli. Can't find Bruce Bruce Bruce. Speeroo is the only one to respond.

rated:
I've checked current rates on several services including the guys discussed in this thread. The best offer I've been able to find (between Eli, Bruce, Speeroo, and a couple of other brokers) is 1.5 cpp through Speeroo. I've never dealt with them before and am a bit uneasy just because of their bare bones site and the delay between points transfer and payment (3-4 days per email from broker). Can anyone share their experiences with Speeroo?

rated:
kay11 said:   Trying to sell points.

Speeroo is giving 1.5c.
Alex is giving 1.45c.
Bruce is 1.33c.
Eli has not replied to me yet. 2 messages in 10 days.
Have not contacted Sellmyrewards or other sites.

I might be going with Speeroo.
Any reviews on them.

Who is Alex and who is Speeroo?  Might be nice to centralize the names, links, rates, etc., no?

rated:
Bruce offered me 1.35 yesterday on 50K Membership Rewards points, btw.

rated:
fatwallet9281 said:   No need to be torn. My guy Jack pays right away and I got 1.5. Best of both worlds I'm a happy camper.
  Who is Jack, pray tell?

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014