• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
MrVietnam said:   billrubin said:   I opened an account a couple of months ago, foolishly did not get any bonus for signing up. I think I've gotten a mailing from them but did not have any $25 offer on it. Has anyone tried to get them to offer it to you by asking? I still don't have anything on the card.

I opened an account for myself and funded it with a credit card for $100 (even though I only needed to fund it with $25 but I wanted the credit card loyalty points -- $100 is the daily add funds limit with a credit card) and the bonus posted automatically in minutes. I then opened an account for my wife and funded with $25 with a debit card and no $25 bonus posted. I called customer service and they posted the bonus manually. I just now opened yet another account for my mother and funded $25 using a checking account and the bonus did not get posted automatically and neither did the $25 in added funds. I think when you fund by a checking account it takes a few days to process. So if I don't get the bonus for my mother's account in a few days I will call and get it manually credited like I did for my wife. This promotion is not limited to one per household, but rather one per person. The important thing is that when you open tha account you open it by clicking on the promo link: https://serve.com/load25/

Does anyone know if at the end of the year we have to pay taxes on these bonuses? I would assume so.

P.S. The credit card add funds fee has been waived until March 2013, however some banks may treat it as a cash advance. I called Serve.com and they said it would go through not as a cash advance but as a point of sale purchase. In case you are wondering, when you fund using a credit card the authorization goes through as "SERVE VIRTUAL ENT INC." I used an American Express Hilton Hhonors card to fund my account. When the charge goes through I will let you know if I was hit for a cash advance fee or not.

P.P.S. When you call to have the $25 added to your account for the bonus if it doesn't posts automatically, they do ask you where you got the URL from. If indeed this is a targeted offer YMMV on getting them to credit you the $25 bonus.


Just for clarification, did you open entirely new accounts for your wife and mom or were they subaccounts with new cards?
Thanks for your military service, Mr. Vietnam.

no need to make some excuse as to where you saw this promo (if csr ask), i googled the promo and its actually advertised ...

see pdf

Is it safe to assume most credit card will NOT resulting in cash advance?

thanks op. just did it

If you fund from a bank account, you will have to wait the 3-4 days for it to go through. Then you will get the bonus.

rpina1 said:   If you fund from a bank account, you will have to wait the 3-4 days for it to go through. Then you will get the bonus.

It's faster and easier to just do it with a debit card. The fees are waived as of right now and the credit is instant.

Hey guys, I wanted to ask if someone else is having trouble funding with a debit card. Serve says I met the maximum number of transactions and can't fund anymore with the debit card. So it seems they have a limit on the debit cards. Does anyone knows exactly what is the maximum and if it is per month?

noelandres said:   Hey guys, I wanted to ask if someone else is having trouble funding with a debit card. Serve says I met the maximum number of transactions and can't fund anymore with the debit card. So it seems they have a limit on the debit cards. Does anyone knows exactly what is the maximum and if it is per month?I hit this on two of my cards while trying to cash out MIR cards. I don't think it is per month. I tried this month after I got error last month & it still failed. I was thinking of calling tomorrow & check on one card.

ucfzf10 said:   noelandres said:   Hey guys, I wanted to ask if someone else is having trouble funding with a debit card. Serve says I met the maximum number of transactions and can't fund anymore with the debit card. So it seems they have a limit on the debit cards. Does anyone knows exactly what is the maximum and if it is per month?I hit this on two of my cards while trying to cash out MIR cards. I don't think it is per month. I tried this month after I got error last month & it still failed. I was thinking of calling tomorrow & check on one card.

Did you find out this information?

noelandres said:   ucfzf10 said:   noelandres said:   Hey guys, I wanted to ask if someone else is having trouble funding with a debit card. Serve says I met the maximum number of transactions and can't fund anymore with the debit card. So it seems they have a limit on the debit cards. Does anyone knows exactly what is the maximum and if it is per month?I hit this on two of my cards while trying to cash out MIR cards. I don't think it is per month. I tried this month after I got error last month & it still failed. I was thinking of calling tomorrow & check on one card.

Did you find out this information?


From the Serve FAQ:

How much money can I add, send, or request each month?
You can add up to $1,000 per day via an ACH transfer from your bank and up to $200 per day via debit card, and up to $100 per day via credit card or debit card (there is a monthly debit card load limit of $1,000 and a monthly credit card load limit of $250). You may add up to $2,500 to your Serve Account per month, depending on your account limits. You can add money from your linked U.S. bank account, U.S. credit card, or U.S. debit card up to thirty times in a calendar month. You can add up to $500 a day with a MoneyPak (MoneyPak purchase fees may apply).

Such a deal! Thanks!!!

What CC's are considered as purchase and not cash advances a source of funding on Serve?

I have PENFED, DISCOVER, CHASE, CITI among others?



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.