Low fee ATMs

Archived From: Finance
  • Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Many times, many people including myself have to pay a third party ATM fee to get cash out of certain card (such as AMEX Prepaid card). I believe it is helpful to list whatever low cost ATMs. What I found so far

McDonald - $0.99
Costco - $0.75

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
So if I find a $1 ATM, I could profit by doing the following:

1. Go to Kroger and buy an AMEX Prepaid card with my AMEX ... (more)

Tom9999 (Sep. 26, 2012 @ 1:00p) |

Yes, you have to link the AMEX prepaid to your SS# in order to get PIN and withdraw at ATM, so you can't just go and kee... (more)

imbatman (Sep. 26, 2012 @ 1:10p) |

Our local Costco is also more expensive ($1.50?) as my transaction ($180 withdrawl on a $180.75 balance) did not go thro... (more)

idfubar (Dec. 18, 2012 @ 12:38a) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

my costco is $1.25
My dad told me he found a free publix ATM. I've not found it though.

Some Sheetz stations have Evergreen bank ATMs that are fee-free.

Or go into your local supermarket and get CB at the register--FREE. All the stores I've gone to don't even require you to buy anything to get the CB--but if they force you to buy something get 1 green bean.

Wawa convience stores (mid-altantic states) have fee-free ATMs. http://www.wawa.com/Blog/post/2010/04/15/Thanks-A-Billion.aspx

do you even know what a wawa is?

kwik trip in midwest is fee free but u gotta buy a bakery or a donut. just kiddin you dont gotta buy nothing
an alternative you haven't thought of is perhaps getting a card that reimburses you for atm fees.

imbatman said:   my costco is $1.25

+1. My costco has $1.25 and that seems to be cheapest in the area (at least the ATMs I tried)

Stubtify said:   Or go into your local supermarket and get CB at the register--FREE. All the stores I've gone to don't even require you to buy anything to get the CB--but if they force you to buy something get 1 green bean.

requires PIN based debit card transaction. AMEX prepaid cards (per OPs post) cannot do what you describe.

larryc said:   Wawa convience stores (mid-altantic states) have fee-free ATMs. http://www.wawa.com/Blog/post/2010/04/15/Thanks-A-Billion.aspx

and
OliverQuackenbush said:   do you even know what a wawa is?

kwik trip in midwest is fee free but u gotta buy a bakery or a donut. just kiddin you dont gotta buy nothing
an alternative you haven't thought of is perhaps getting a card that reimburses you for atm fees.

While that's true, that's not the point of OPs question.
He's not asking about reimbursable fee products. he's just trying to find the lowest cost product out there.

yourlefthand said:   Some Sheetz stations have Evergreen bank ATMs that are fee-free.

Someone posted that in a similar thread back here on FWF (ie. this is a dup thread). I only stopped at Sheetz on a drive in VA, and never found one with an ATM.

http://www.sheetz.com/main/about/atmz.cfm

Sheetz is pleased to offer surcharge free ATMs at most of our 429 plus locations. So have fun with your money — you've earned it!

Unfortunately, their store locator doesn't offer a filter for ATMs.

yourlefthand said:   http://www.sheetz.com/main/about/atmz.cfm

[quote]Sheetz is pleased to offer surcharge free ATMs at most of our 429 plus locations. So have fun with your money — you've earned it![/quote]

Guess I'll have to stop at different Sheetz when I'm back in VA in Nov.

imbatman said:   yourlefthand said:   http://www.sheetz.com/main/about/atmz.cfm

Sheetz is pleased to offer surcharge free ATMs at most of our 429 plus locations. So have fun with your money — you've earned it!

Guess I'll have to stop at different Sheetz when I'm back in VA in Nov.

There's really no downside to stopping at Sheetz.

here's a list(not comprehensive, but very extensive)

Looks like it's out of CA, so no Sheetz The only no-fee ATM on the list is Compass bank (and it's even 0-$4).

Lists CostCo @ 1.25, so I think it has the info OP is looking for.

Probably not what you want to do, but I just opened an account with Ally. EVERY ATM has no fee with them (they charge none and refund the fee charged by others every statement cycle).

imbatman said:   here's a list(not comprehensive, but very extensive)

Looks like it's out of CA, so no Sheetz The only no-fee ATM on the list is Compass bank (and it's even 0-$4).

Lists CostCo @ 1.25, so I think it has the info OP is looking for.

This is very helpful. I live in NY area. Thanks.

It's very regional, but around here ATM will cost you about $200.

Listing if the ATM has larger notes and max withdrawal would be helpful too.

CostCo Max withdrawal is $400.

I can get it for about $40 at the corner of Pulaski and Haven here in Baltimore.

raringvt said:   It's very regional, but around here ATM will cost you about $200.

New York Times Bucks Blog said: A start-up that provides fee-free A.T.M.’s supported by advertising is expanding in the new Barclays Center in Brooklyn.

Bucks first wrote about the 20-something Clinton Townsend and his company, now called Free ATM Inc., last fall after he installed a machine at Brooklyn’s Knitting Factory nightclub. His approach is to put A.T.M.’s in underserved locations and offer cash without charging a fee. The catch is that patrons watch and listen to advertising displayed on the screen while their cash is being dispensed.

imbatman said:   my costco is $1.25
My dad told me he found a free publix ATM. I've not found it though.

My college had a BOA one that was free. I believe because they wanted the advertising they got by having them there hoping to get the students for life. Might be worth checking out.

imbatman said:   Stubtify said:   Or go into your local supermarket and get CB at the register--FREE. All the stores I've gone to don't even require you to buy anything to get the CB--but if they force you to buy something get 1 green bean.

requires PIN based debit card transaction. AMEX prepaid cards (per OPs post) cannot do what you describe.
Does that mean AMEX prepaid cards don't provide a PIN, or do they simply not approve DEBIT purchases? If they don't provide a PIN, how does one extract $$$ out an AMEX prepaid from any ATM?

All around NC we have ATM's sitting in parking lots called CASH POINTS that are free for all. Cannot find who runs them or a list, but if your in NC and need fee free cash look for a Cash Points ATM in a grocery parking lot.

Very regional, but the 7-11 stores in the Oklahoma City area have fee-free ATMs. The OKC area locations are run by an owner who is completely separate from the rest of the chain, and have their own ATMs rather than Citibank ATMs like other 7-11s. (fwiw, there are other differences too: "icy drink" instead of "Slurpee", and no condoms/lotto tickets because the owner is a devout catholic.)

TheDiggler said:   imbatman said:   Stubtify said:   Or go into your local supermarket and get CB at the register--FREE. All the stores I've gone to don't even require you to buy anything to get the CB--but if they force you to buy something get 1 green bean.

Does that mean AMEX prepaid cards don't provide a PIN, or do they simply not approve DEBIT purchases? If they don't provide a PIN, how does one extract $$$ out an AMEX prepaid from any ATM?

They provide a pin but it's a credit transaction.

AFSOC said:   All around NC we have ATM's sitting in parking lots called CASH POINTS that are free for all. Cannot find who runs them or a list, but if your in NC and need fee free cash look for a Cash Points ATM in a grocery parking lot.

Cash Points are run by the NC State Employees Credit Union

https://www.ncsecu.org/Locator/Locator.html#

Actually, yes. They make great sandwiches. I believe their fee-free ATMs are run by PNC.

yourlefthand said:   Some Sheetz stations have Evergreen bank ATMs that are fee-free.No sheet? Thanks!

Anyone know of anything in DC? I know some of the gas stations mentioned have locations in the some further out suburbs (Sheetz in Leesburg, Wawa in Beltsville), but just wondering if there's anything closer in.

By the way, on another forum, I've also seen QuickChek and Rutters gas stations mentioned as having free ATMs.

Wawa is the Native American name for the Canada Goose found in the Delaware Valley.

$7.00 fee, $200 limit at the pink pony Atlanta.....
Doh!

All Publix supermarkets have a free Presto ATM - max $400 per machine. (I have 2 within a couple of miles and can take out $800 a day by visiting both, I've never tried for more).
http://www.publix.com/services/presto/QandA.do

Giant Eagle's GetGo's (Western PA and Eastern Ohio mostly)... FEE FREE. Citizens bank in PA and another bank in Ohio (I forget)

tmonkey said:   All Publix supermarkets have a free Presto ATM - max $400 per machine. (I have 2 within a couple of miles and can take out $800 a day by visiting both, I've never tried for more).
http://www.publix.com/services/presto/QandA.do

$2 fee if your card is not in the presto network.

Timely thread being that I have recently been using the AMEX Prepaid more. Great way for a little churn ...

Wegmans in Upstate NY - $1 I was able to take out $400 without an issue.

Prior to finding this, I did some looking around - all the 7-11's here charged $2+. Most credit unions were $2.50 or more. Most banks were even more than that. If anyone know of anything else in the area i'm all ears, but $1 isn't bad for now.

rmf1981 said:   Timely thread being that I have recently been using the AMEX Prepaid more. Great way for a little churn ...

Wegmans in Upstate NY - $1 I was able to take out $400 without an issue.

Prior to finding this, I did some looking around - all the 7-11's here charged $2+. Most credit unions were $2.50 or more. Most banks were even more than that. If anyone know of anything else in the area i'm all ears, but $1 isn't bad for now.

Isn't that $1 with a max of $200?

Use an account that refunds the ATM owner fee. Now all ATM machines cost $0.

ING has free ATMs at over 35,000 locations in the Allpoint network.

Skipping 20 Messages...
woodbill said:   Many times, many people including myself have to pay a third party ATM fee to get cash out of certain card (such as AMEX Prepaid card). I believe it is helpful to list whatever low cost ATMs. What I found so far

McDonald - $0.99
Costco - $0.75

Our local Costco is also more expensive ($1.50?) as my transaction ($180 withdrawl on a $180.75 balance) did not go through...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014