• Go to page :
  • 1234 5
  • Text Only
masar1 said:   My wife has the US Bank Cash+ visa and she just received the mailer for opening a checking account for $200. All of the terms match the terms described in the OP except the expiration date is May 31st.

I was curious if anyone who received a targeted mailer was successful in triggering the bonus with an ACH transfer? My wife is cool with my FW tendencies as long as it doesn't require too much of her involvement. Setting up DD on my wife's behalf is a PITA for all involved.

Yes, I used TIAA direct bank to do the ACH and it worked! Good luck

Weird! I used TIAA Direct and it did not work! The scum at USBANK claimed it was a 'transfer' and not a 'direct deposit'.

I then tried ALLy and even Vanguard and both failed to trigger their promised signup bonus!
Same excuse!
They are real hard a55es and arrogant.
The harder I push them, the harder they refuse to honor their mail invitation.

sloppy1 said:   Weird! I used TIAA Direct and it did not work! The scum at USBANK claimed it was a 'transfer' and not a 'direct deposit'.

I then tried ALLy and even Vanguard and both failed to trigger their promised signup bonus!
Same excuse!
They are real hard a55es and arrogant.
The harder I push them, the harder they refuse to honor their mail invitation.

Thanks for the data points. If I end up opening this account, I'll try it with Amazon pymts and usaa and see what happens(likely nothing). In hindsight I should've held off on filing my taxes for the direct deposit of the refund.

So I just signed up for a Silver checking / money market package (I got the $200 offer in the mail) and I don't see an early closure fee in any of the documentation. Others have said it's $25 if closed within 180 days -- where does it say that? Thanks in advance.

cashmonkey said:   So I just signed up for a Silver checking / money market package (I got the $200 offer in the mail) and I don't see an early closure fee in any of the documentation. Others have said it's $25 if closed within 180 days -- where does it say that? Thanks in advance.Check the bonus terms to see if its mentioned in there and check the document which has a list of account fees (ATM fees, wire transfer fees, etc) to see if its in there

If its not there then maybe USB got rid of it -- contact the bank to make sure before closing the account

USBANK will not honor these offers. Don't open the account just for sign on bonus.

jingi1234 said:   USBANK will not honor these offers. Don't open the account just for sign on bonus.

Well, open it if you got the offer directly. Their bonuses are targeted. I got a mailer a few weeks ago and just opened account last week. I confirmed over the phone that I was eligible for the offer (my name matched the offer code)

jingi1234 said:   USBANK will not honor these offers. Don't open the account just for sign on bonus.I disagree. I've had no issues with churning USB checking offers at least 2-3x over the years.

I've never even had to make phone call reminders

Can anyone confirm that you can close checking account after 180 days without penalty? Thanks in advance!!

dead?

yes

last year they dropped their early account closure fee, so you can close anytime without a fee.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014