• Go to page :
  • 1 2 345
  • Text Only
.

Got the same offer in the mail today but noticed it says "One offer per household." I'd like to sign up one for me and the wifey. Do you think they'd both go through fine even though we have the same address/household?

Do you know if existing checking customer qualify for this as well or just for new customer only?

Paper received in the mail says "As a loyal US Bank customer, we'll give you $200 simply for opening a new checking account with direct deposit by November 30th....."

I don't have any checking or saving accts currently open with US bank but do have a couple US bank related credit cards.

spodeman said:   Paper received in the mail says "As a loyal US Bank customer, we'll give you $200 simply for opening a new checking account with direct deposit by November 30th....."

I don't have any checking or saving accts currently open with US bank but do have a couple US bank related credit cards.


That's why they offered you the promotion.

$500 opening deposit posted as a purchase (Business Services - Internet Services) on my AMEX card... as usual YMMV.

Floydian said:   $500 opening deposit posted as a purchase (Business Services - Internet Services) on my AMEX card... as usual YMMV.

Thanks!

My $500 deposit from a Citi visa card posted as a cash advance

The critical question still stands - we don't have a single confirmation that non-targeted new accounts would receive the bonus.

Luckily, we should get the answer, since the previous $150 offer should be aged enough to get some feedback, linking to that thread: http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/1212237/


dpjnyc said:   My $500 deposit from a Citi visa card posted as a cash advance

This is why I will make my deposit with a card that has 0% cash advance fee. Just in case.

dpjnyc said:   My $500 deposit from a Citi visa card posted as a cash advance Citi is known to post bank funding transactions as cash advance

elektronic said:   Also, it seems the silver checking package allows you to avoid fee with $25 auto transfer to money market savings. Also upon hitting $1000 in the MM, you get a $50 visa gift card as a bonus.
Yup, they have a program whereby you get a $50 prepaid Visa card (that you ironically MUST spend; there is no way for you to cash it out or have the amount deposited into your account) after you hit a $1000 balance in your savings account. You get another $50 prepaid Visa card if you maintain the $1000 minimum balance for a full year. The interest rate on their savings account is negligible (as it is with most banks), but the $50 card is enough "interest" to beat inflation and most other bank interest rates .

So does anyone know if this was hard inquiry?

how do you pay using cc?

brandon032586 said:   Floydian said:   $500 opening deposit posted as a purchase (Business Services - Internet Services) on my AMEX card... as usual YMMV.

Thanks!

hansp said:   how do you pay using cc?

brandon032586 said:   Floydian said:   $500 opening deposit posted as a purchase (Business Services - Internet Services) on my AMEX card... as usual YMMV.

Thanks!


Open a new checking account, select the option to fund your opening balance with a credit card.

We've had a few reports here of Citi counting it as a cash advance and one report of AMEX counting it as a purchase.

Has anyone had success with any other card issuer counting it as a purchase? Specifically Barclays (for the 2% Priceline card) or FIA (for the 2% AMEX)?

I opened a US Bank checking account today. My first DD will be in about a month; we'll see how long it will take for the $200 to post.

Is everybody opening their US bank account online getting their credit pulled (HARD PULL ?) or this just goes through check systems ?

Thanks much !

HiLine said:   hansp said:   how do you pay using cc?

brandon032586 said:   Floydian said:   $500 opening deposit posted as a purchase (Business Services - Internet Services) on my AMEX card... as usual YMMV.

Thanks!


Open a new checking account, select the option to fund your opening balance with a credit card.

When opening in branch last year for the $150 offer, the manager said that the bonus eligibility was 'know by address' within the system. So no code was entered at that time.

I received all expected bonus payments. This address association is also a likely reason why there is a one per household limit.

I opened an account online this week (using the code above even though I was not targeted), and a rep called me back to confirm some info. I asked him about the bonus and he said I would receive it after the DD goes through. He mentioned (without me asking) that the DD has to be a paycheck, not a transfer from another bank.

I also funded the account with $500 on my Priceline 2% card, and it showed up online as a purchase.

anyone try a barclays nfl card to fund? seems like a great way to get a purchase on the card, lol.

okashiraaa said:   anyone try a barclays nfl card to fund? seems like a great way to get a purchase on the card, lol.Read the post above yours - Priceline card is managed by Barclays

esoterica said:   We've had a few reports here of Citi counting it as a cash advance and one report of AMEX counting it as a purchase.

Has anyone had success with any other card issuer counting it as a purchase? Specifically Barclays (for the 2% Priceline card) or FIA (for the 2% AMEX)?


I'm also curious about the Fidelity 2% AMEX issued by FIA. Anyone?

Barclays NFL card $400 posted as purchase!

I called them. If you weren't targeted either by mailing or email you won't get the promotion. They said it's written in the fine print on the promotion page. They said it was targeted at people who had some type of relationship w/ the bank, ie CC.

Would closing the account within a couple of days from opening date incur a fee?

in2dadark said:   I called them. If you weren't targeted either by mailing or email you won't get the promotion. They said it's written in the fine print on the promotion page. They said it was targeted at people who had some type of relationship w/ the bank, ie CC.

I am going to be so pissed if this is true. Lame.

HiLine said:   Would closing the account within a couple of days from opening date incur a fee?

Early Account closure within 180 days - $25

Call and find out if they'll waive it for you.

this bank sucks. i tried to do this a few months ago and had a terrible experience. never got my $200 bonus either, and they charged me $25 for closing my account early (even through they didn't tell me about the fee)

edit: they also have a really terrible policy where if you don't put the correct address on your account (I made a mistake when submitting mine), they don't let you correct it for 60 days, and also won't let you correct it until you get your debit card. as a result they were telling me to go into a branch, even though there isnt one for 100s of miles.

and then they charged me a $25 fee when I asked to close my account, but did not inform me of the fee before they closed it, as every other bank does. i know technically i was supposed to read terms and conditions, but nobody actually does that. when I asked them to re-open the account and add the $25 back they refused to do it.

What part of "1.This offer is restricted to recipients of an offer via mail or email and is not transferable. " don't you understand?

This was explained over and over again on page 1 of this thread!!!!
Learn to read BEFORE you leap!!!!

thetobster said:   this bank sucks. i tried to do this a few months ago and had a terrible experience. never got my $200 bonus either, and they charged me $25 for closing my account early (even through they didn't tell me about the fee)Actually, this is much needed negative feedback to the previous offer.

thetobster - could you please post more details: what offer did you try (I assume $150, $200 is very recent), when did you open it and how (online/branch)

Sloppy1 - although offer does state "This offer is restricted to recipients of an offer via mail or email and is not transferable", we should always try to push limits.

BTW, when I walked into my US Bank branch with the offer printout, branch manager was willing to open account for me based on the offer code; I'm quite positive she'd deliver on promise and bonus, but I never really opened the account.

Hi does anyone know if anyone can apply for this without having to be "targeted" ? I will be new us bank customer, but this is not targeting me, and went to the branch they said this is targeted only so they cannot do it, so I left. But I want to check with fw community to see if this is true or not and if I can just go ahead and apply online myself using that code.

I've got PM from thetobster: he opened online, but got denied bonus not because he wasn't targeted, but because his direct deposit wasn't "true" direct deposit.

So we're back to square one - we don't have a single evidence (negative or positive) of anyone who applied w/o invite and satisfied DD requirement

Come on people, FWF suppose to be a #1 finance forum, and not a single post...

My first dd will go through next Friday.

I want to also say this. This bank does kind of suck. The online banking interface blows. There was no way to setup an online transfer to get my $500 out of the account, I had to use chase to setup the pull. And of course it was not possible to get the routing number online. Phone customer service, while friendly enough,seemed.... unprofessional for a bank for lack of a better description

Don't have a US Bank checking account, but do have a CC with them. Just piling on here, but they do indeed blow. Worst customer service reps I've ever had the displeasure of dealing with, terrible website, irritating practices (like no free Quicken download for CC's, only bank I know of that does that). I'd steer clear of this.

My USBank Cash+ card downloads into Quicken without a fee.

NoBoB said:   My USBank Cash+ card downloads into Quicken without a fee.
Using Direct Connect or Quicken connect? I'm not actually using Quicken, so I only care about Direct Connect -- Quicken connect is, as I understand it, kind of a screen scraping hack job that may work even if a fee is charged for direct connect.

It's QC, which is now called 'Express Web Connect'. It only retrieves transactions, which on a CC is all I need anyway.

My CC's are split roughly 50/50 between that and Direct Connect.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014