• Go to page :
  • 12 3 45
  • Text Only
NoBoB said:   It's QC, which is now called 'Express Web Connect'. It only retrieves transactions, which on a CC is all I need anyway.

My CC's are split roughly 50/50 between that and Direct Connect.

Yeah, transactions are all I need too, but QC is unfortunately useless to me. All my other banks that support direct connect let you do it for free if you have a CC with them.

My first DD went through yesterday, will update thread if bonus posts.

I opened my account a few months ago using the older $150 code, and nothing's happened yet, I have a hunch it won't work.

Which is irksome because I could have wandered into the branch in the grocery store near my house and gotten at least $75 out of it.

Has anyone been denied a checking account with them as a result of poor credit? I have nothing on chexsystems, but a charged off Orchard's Bank credit card from years ago. I'm wondering if that is a definite "no" for a checking account through US Bank?

I called to ask about mine. They said it takes 6-8 weeks after a recurring direct deposit is established. And for that they count the date of the second time a direct deposit over $100 hits the account because the first one does not establish it as recurring.

Does anybody have a scan of the offer for this? Unfortunately the link is dead and I can't seem to find an alternative working link or scan of the offer. From what I've heard it's good through the end of the month and I'd like to take advantage of it to add to my Cash+ card.

Many thanks!

I am a banker for US Bank...NO hard pull for Checking accounts. However chex systems is checked and if you have a record with chex systems (charge off accounts with other banks) you have to clean that up first. When we run your credit for loans, we use TRANS UNION.

BudgetHT said:   Does anybody have a scan of the offer for this? Unfortunately the link is dead and I can't seem to find an alternative working link or scan of the offer. From what I've heard it's good through the end of the month and I'd like to take advantage of it to add to my Cash+ card.

Many thanks!


I think you have to be targeted for the offer to be valid.

BudgetHT said:   Does anybody have a scan of the offer for this? Unfortunately the link is dead and I can't seem to find an alternative working link or scan of the offer. From what I've heard it's good through the end of the month and I'd like to take advantage of it to add to my Cash+ card.

Many thanks!


Check Quick Tags above. Copies of online promo offer uploaded.

DWooley said:   BudgetHT said:   Does anybody have a scan of the offer for this? Unfortunately the link is dead and I can't seem to find an alternative working link or scan of the offer. From what I've heard it's good through the end of the month and I'd like to take advantage of it to add to my Cash+ card.

Many thanks!


Check Quick Tags above. Copies of online promo offer uploaded.


The quick summary has a thumbnail of the page but it redirects to a 404 on the usbank site - anyone have a full-size pdf or jpg of the original offer?

BudgetHT said:   The quick summary has a thumbnail of the page but it redirects to a 404 on the usbank site - anyone have a full-size pdf or jpg of the original offer?
Maybe it's your browser (ad blocker, etc)? Both links work here, and I don't think someone just fixed it either, since it shows that it was last edited in October.

rseiler said:   BudgetHT said:   The quick summary has a thumbnail of the page but it redirects to a 404 on the usbank site - anyone have a full-size pdf or jpg of the original offer?
Maybe it's your browser (ad blocker, etc)? Both links work here, and I don't think someone just fixed it either, since it shows that it was last edited in October.


Both pics link to http://bounce.fatwallet.com/redirect/bounce.php?afsrc=1&mid=17212048&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.usbank.com%2Fsplash%2Fchecking%2Fget-200-jul.html, which is on usbank's site and since the promo page has been taken down, produce a 404. Neither launch an attachment of the original image.


rseiler said:   That's weird, since they lead here for me:
http://www.fatwallet.com/static/attachments/228755_usbank1.jpg
http://www.fatwallet.com/static/attachments/228756_usbank2.jpg


Very strange, not sure why I don't get those links

In any event, I was able to grab the screenshots from the FW links you pasted - many thanks rseiler!!

is this deal dead? i tried clicking the links and it hasn't taken me anywhere

I didn't do this promo, but I did do the one before it for $150. I called to ask about when I would receive the bonus and the rep confirmed that I had qualified(I did two real DD) and that she would investigate. I get a call the next day and was asked to provide a copy of the mailer that I received, which I did not have because I just used the promo code. She said that I did not qualify. Basically, if you did not receive the promotion addressed to you, you won't get the bonus.

dollarshort said:    Basically, if you did not receive the promotion addressed to you, you won't get the bonus.

This was pretty much already confirmed or established early in the post, but it's amazing how some people just ignore or refuse to listen.

I called again and now they are pretending there was never any promo code. I think I will be closing this account. Too bad they sent me a box full of free checks--I would have used this bank for quite a while just because of the free checks, but now if they are stiffing me out of $200 they will lose my business and my fat juicy direct deposits.

I have nothing on chexsystems. I received the email below from US Bank.

We appreciate your interest in a U.S. Bank account. Based on the information you provided and on information we received from the reporting agency listed below, were unable to grant your request for the following accounts:

U.S. Bank Silver Checking
Package Money Market Savings

Our decision was based in whole or in part on information that was obtained from the consumer reporting agency listed below. You have a right under the Fair Credit Reporting Act to know the information contained in your credit file at the consumer reporting agency. The reporting agency played no part in our decision and is unable to supply specific reasons why we have denied your application. You also have a right to a free copy of your report from the reporting agency, if you request it no later than 60 days after you receive this notice. In addition, if you find that any information contained in your report you receive is inaccurate or incomplete, you have the right to dispute the matter with the reporting agency.

Experian
P.O. Box 2002
Allen, TX 75013
Phone: 888-397-3742

Does anyone get $200 yet?

No, they don't honor the offer. The screenshots posted here are not sufficient to convince them either. They are saying they will only credit people who received the offer directly from them. But then I don't understand why the promo code was posted publicly on their website. The couldn't explain that to me either.

What I am pissed off about is how they were giving me the runaround for 6 weeks before they finally told me I won't get $200 from them. Various CSRs kept lying to me on the phone that I just need to wait 6-8 weeks. Now I know that was just so I wouldn't immediately cancel my direct deposit.

niniss said:   dollarshort said:    Basically, if you did not receive the promotion addressed to you, you won't get the bonus.

This was pretty much already confirmed or established early in the post, but it's amazing how some people just ignore or refuse to listen.


My God, what kind of people here will Red someone for speaking of truth?!

After a secure message and then US Bank checking to see if I had a recurring direct deposit I did get the $200 bonus. YMMV -- note that I did not receive a mailer, just signed up with the code via the original link. Thanks OP!

I didn't get DD initiated until the final day allowed, Nov 30, and received my $200 bonus on Dec 12. No prompting or inquiries required.

Great to hear you got the $200!

How much time had passed from your intial DD?

Floydian said:   After a secure message and then US Bank checking to see if I had a recurring direct deposit I did get the $200 bonus. YMMV -- note that I did not receive a mailer, just signed up with the code via the original link. Thanks OP!

Floydian said:   After a secure message and then US Bank checking to see if I had a recurring direct deposit I did get the $200 bonus. YMMV -- note that I did not receive a mailer, just signed up with the code via the original link. Thanks OP!

Great to hear it!

Shufflindoh said:   Great to hear you got the $200!

How much time had passed from your intial DD?

Floydian said:   After a secure message and then US Bank checking to see if I had a recurring direct deposit I did get the $200 bonus. YMMV -- note that I did not receive a mailer, just signed up with the code via the original link. Thanks OP!


Couple of months (DD right after sign up) -- I've been using the account for quite a few transfers/CC payments as well since opening, so not sure if that played a part in the manual $200 bonus approval or not.

I forgot that I had 60 days to set up DD. I think my DD went through 3 days too late Guess I'll have to wait 4 more months to withdraw the money to avoid penalty.

I setup my account on 10/15/2012 with an initial deposit

Deposited first DD on 11/9/12 >500, and once every two weeks since

Still no $200 bonus.


I have immediately withdrawn my deposits almost immediately after they when through. :-/

Floydian said:   After a secure message and then US Bank checking to see if I had a recurring direct deposit I did get the $200 bonus. YMMV -- note that I did not receive a mailer, just signed up with the code via the original link. Thanks OP!

I don't see where you can send a secure message... ?

edit: NVM, I just used "Email Us."

I signed up for this promotion (without a mailer) and have been told by 2 different reps that I'm eligible for the bonus, but will not receive it until 8 weeks after the 2nd DD posts. Since I signed up in October, my 2nd DD posted Dec 1, so they told me I wouldn't get he bonus until Jan 25.

I'll post again at the end of the month to let you know if I get it or continue to get the runaround.

DemoGreen said:   I signed up for this promotion (without a mailer) and have been told by 2 different reps that I'm eligible for the bonus, but will not receive it until 8 weeks after the 2nd DD posts. Since I signed up in October, my 2nd DD posted Dec 1, so they told me I wouldn't get he bonus until Jan 25.

I'll post again at the end of the month to let you know if I get it or continue to get the runaround.


Did you already have a prior banking relationshipmwith US Bank when you signed up?

I was told the same things several times, but when I started insisting more and more they finally told me they have no record of me being invited to this offer, so they won't give me the $200.

Does anyone have a copy of the targeted email or copy of the actual mailing?? Huge thanks in advance....

Dear okashiraaa,

Thank you for contacting us using U.S. Bank's email service.

I would be happy to assist you with your inquiry. Upon review of your account profile, I see that we do not have record of U.S. Bank having mailed or emailed you a cash bonus offer for opening a new checking account. All offers are customer specific, are non transferable, and are received either by mail or email. If you found an offer online, I apologize these are not valid offers and are not recognized by U.S. Bank. Please also keep in mind that our promotional offers are specific to existing U.S. Bank customers who are located within our footprint. There are U.S. Bank branches located in the following states:

Washington Oregon California
Nevada Idaho Utah
Arizona Montana Wyoming
Colorado North Dakota South Dakota
Nebraska Kansas Minnesota
Wisconsin Iowa Illinois
Missouri Arkansas Tennessee
Kentucky Indiana Ohio
New Mexico

If you did receive a mailing or email offer from U.S. Bank, we ask that you please email us a copy of the offer so that we may research this matter further. If the promotion in question was extended from the branch where you opened the account, please contact your branch for additional assistance, as many promotional offers vary from branch to branch. they would be able to give you the best information that case. All of our locations and their contact information are available via our website at www.usbank.com.

Your financial relationship with U.S. Bank is appreciated. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or need any further assistance.

Best regards,


I am in Texas, doh.
I sure as heck do not appreciate my relationship with US Bank. Now I'm stuck with this thing for ho wlong until I can cancel the account with no fee? Ugh.

Demogreen, my 2nd DD posted 11/21/2012, so I guess ill give a few more weeks.

Well done okashiraaa.
This will save a lot of people a good bit of frustration.

same here but I am not going out with out a fight

okashiraaa said:   Dear okashiraaa,

Thank you for contacting us using U.S. Bank's email service.

I would be happy to assist you with your inquiry. Upon review of your account profile, I see that we do not have record of U.S. Bank having mailed or emailed you a cash bonus offer for opening a new checking account.


What pisses me off the most is that probably none of us could have received an honest e-mail like the one above until 6-8 weeks after opening the account. I am pretty sure the CSRs are specifically trained to give us the runaround for the longest time possible just so we don't immediately realize we have been screwed and start only meeting the minimum requirements for avoiding fees while waiting to be able to close the account.

I got the runaround in the ugliest way possible and will never go back to this bank in the future.

gacobacov said:   okashiraaa said:   Dear okashiraaa,

Thank you for contacting us using U.S. Bank's email service.

I would be happy to assist you with your inquiry. Upon review of your account profile, I see that we do not have record of U.S. Bank having mailed or emailed you a cash bonus offer for opening a new checking account.


What pisses me off the most is that probably none of us could have received an honest e-mail like the one above until 6-8 weeks after opening the account. I am pretty sure the CSRs are specifically trained to give us the runaround for the longest time possible just so we don't immediately realize we have been screwed and start only meeting the minimum requirements for avoiding fees while waiting to be able to close the account.

I got the runaround in the ugliest way possible and will never go back to this bank in the future.


This bank made their terms of this offer very clear from the beginning!
You don't deserve this bonus and no matter how mush you whine, you are not going to get it.
See the first page of this thread.
You were warned here!
It doesn't matter what you said some minimum wage clerk told you.

So stop crying like a baby and move on.

sloppy1 said:   gacobacov said:   okashiraaa said:   Dear okashiraaa,

Thank you for contacting us using U.S. Bank's email service.

I would be happy to assist you with your inquiry. Upon review of your account profile, I see that we do not have record of U.S. Bank having mailed or emailed you a cash bonus offer for opening a new checking account.


What pisses me off the most is that probably none of us could have received an honest e-mail like the one above until 6-8 weeks after opening the account. I am pretty sure the CSRs are specifically trained to give us the runaround for the longest time possible just so we don't immediately realize we have been screwed and start only meeting the minimum requirements for avoiding fees while waiting to be able to close the account.

I got the runaround in the ugliest way possible and will never go back to this bank in the future.


This bank made their terms of this offer very clear from the beginning!
You don't deserve this bonus and no matter how mush you whine, you are not going to get it.
See the first page of this thread.
You were warned here!
It doesn't matter what you said some minimum wage clerk told you.

So stop crying like a baby and move on.


I am not complaining about not receiving the bonus. And yes, I have moved on. If they say I don't qualify, fine. Although I still don't understand then why they had the promo code posted on their website and exposed to the public Internet. I think they were fishing for deal chasers like us that would open an account and be shown the middle finger later.

My main complaint is about the runaround I got for several weeks. I called many times and every different CSR was telling me that everything was fine and I just had to wait 6-8 weeks to receive the $200. They only came clean after I had been pumping the account with direct deposits and full-blown activity for 6-8 weeks. This is not just ignorance on the part of minimum wage clerks.

Draw your own conclusions about this bank. I have drawn mine.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014