• Go to page :
  • 1 2345
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
http://www.usbank.com/splash/checking/get-200-sept.html

New customers only
$25 min balance to open
Setup a recurring direct deposit of at least $100/month within 60 days of opening
Bonus paid 6-8 weeks after DD is established
Bonus is taxed as income (1099-INT)

Monthly Maintenance Fee:
$6.95 with online statements, OR
$8.95 with paper statements

Options to Waive the Monthly Maintenance Fee:
Combined monthly direct deposits totaling $500+, OR
Average account balance of $1,500

You can close the account after 180 days w/o a fee.

Member Summary

usbank promo page 1 (170.28kB)
Thanks DWooley
Disclaimer

usbank promo page 2 (148.18kB)
Thanks DWooley
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
dead?

MrNovember (Jun. 06, 2013 @ 3:46p) |

yes

somebirdseatseeds (Jun. 07, 2013 @ 7:34a) |

last year they dropped their early account closure fee, so you can close anytime without a fee.

sloppy1 (Jun. 07, 2013 @ 7:39a) |

Offer appears to be targeted by address. As of 12 Oct there is still no report of anyone having received the bonus that was not targeted in either this or the previous $150 offer.

New customers only
$25 min balance to open
Setup a recurring direct deposit of at least $100/month within 60 days of opening
Bonus paid 6-8 weeks after DD is established
Bonus is taxed as income (1099-INT)

Monthly Maintenance Fee:
$6.95 with online statements, OR
$8.95 with paper statements

Options to Waive the Monthly Maintenance Fee:
Combined monthly direct deposits totaling $500+, OR
Average account balance of $1,500
  • Also categorized in:

Thanks OP!

Fine print says: "1.This offer is restricted to recipients of an offer via mail or email and is not transferable. "

So may be YMMV?

Anyone knows if they do a hard pull?

Found a better one which expires in November, so I changed the title/OP.

This beats the in-branch promo I saw recently: Get $100 when you open an account and either have at least $100 direct deposited into your account OR spend $100 with the debit card tied to that new account. Timings are similar to the one OP posted.

Although, this one is restricted to new customers, while the in-branch promo is only limited to new and existing US Bank customers that have not received a signup bonus from them in the past 6 months.

ETA: I read the fine print. While "This offer is restricted to recipients of an offer via mail or email and is not transferable," it is NOT explicitly only restricted to new customers.

US Bank gives the promo code "Present Promotion Code CK1130A to your banker or enter it online when you apply." Seems like this offer is good for any new customer.

Anyone knows if this is a hard pull on your credit report?

newbietx said:   
Anyone knows if they do a hard pull?


http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/931709/

pietromoon said:   newbietx said:   
Anyone knows if they do a hard pull?


http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/931709/


That list is old...


newbietx said:   Thanks OP!

Fine print says: "1.This offer is restricted to recipients of an offer via mail or email and is not transferable. "

So may be YMMV?

Anyone knows if they do a hard pull?



They do hard pull.

For 200 dollar, I let pull hard long time.

extremedodgerfan15 said:   US Bank gives the promo code "Present Promotion Code CK1130A to your banker or enter it online when you apply." Seems like this offer is good for any new customer.

What part of "1.This offer is restricted to recipients of an offer via mail or email and is not transferable. " don't you understand?

Other than the bonus, any good things about US bank?

Can a direct recurring deposit be made by bank transfer (bank to bank) or does it have to be salary oriented!!!

oops Link not working..!

sunspotzsz said:   Other than the bonus, any good things about US bank?If you have certain US Bank credit cards, you get bonuses on your reward redemptions if you have a bank account with them.

Great deal because I want to have an account with them, but that sucks they hard pull.

To make things even worse I believe they use Experian?

sunspotzsz said:   Other than the bonus, any good things about US bank?

Availability of ATM's and banking centers, thanks to being the fifth largest bank in the country?

For checking, savings and money market products, a maximum total of $500.00 can be charged when using a credit, debit or prepaid card or transferring from an account at another financial institution for your opening deposit. (VISA, MC, Discover, AMEX.)

Did any people reporting hard pull have a US Bank CC?

Did anyone fund with CC? Cash advance with AMEX or purchase?

Has everybody who is applying actually recvd. the offer via mail or email or just hoping by using the promo code that you will be credited the $200?
Thanks.

Also, it seems the silver checking package allows you to avoid fee with $25 auto transfer to money market savings. Also upon hitting $1000 in the MM, you get a $50 visa gift card as a bonus.

elektronic said:   Did anyone fund with CC? Cash advance with AMEX or purchase?

yes, it was marked as cash advance on MC

I wonder if this works with opening up an HSA checking account with USBank - who also are paying 2.25% on accounts over $15k.

Edit: it looks like USBank calculates their interest in a really crappy way - tiers - so while they advertise that 15k gets 2.25%, it's only the amount OVER 15k that gets that, and the rest gets squat.

dg09 said:   elektronic said:   Did anyone fund with CC? Cash advance with AMEX or purchase?

yes, it was marked as cash advance on MC

Citi MC charged as purchase.

great customer service.

DWooley said:   dg09 said:   elektronic said:   Did anyone fund with CC? Cash advance with AMEX or purchase?

yes, it was marked as cash advance on MC

Citi MC charged as purchase.


are you sure about this? Citi Cards have started treating all banks checking account funding as cash advance for several years.

bobopig1 said:   DWooley said:   dg09 said:   elektronic said:   Did anyone fund with CC? Cash advance with AMEX or purchase?

yes, it was marked as cash advance on MC

Citi MC charged as purchase.


are you sure about this? Citi Cards have started treating all banks checking account funding as cash advance for several years.

unless they will change it later, it show as purchase now.

nice

bobopig1 said:   DWooley said:   dg09 said:   elektronic said:   Did anyone fund with CC? Cash advance with AMEX or purchase?

yes, it was marked as cash advance on MC

Citi MC charged as purchase.


are you sure about this? Citi Cards have started treating all banks checking account funding as cash advance for several years.


2 points, I paid cash advance fee to CC MC while opening US checking account 2 weeks ago and second as per CC CS, they do not decide the purchase / transaction type but vendor sends them the transaction type. As per my understanding, here US bank is sending transaction as cash advance.

alanmax said:   Has everybody who is applying actually recvd. the offer via mail or email or just hoping by using the promo code that you will be credited the $200?
Thanks.


Any success stories? I was going to head over to my local usbank but got caught up at work

Yikes, well, fingers crossed my AMEX $500 fund goes through as a purchase. Thanks OP either way!

sloppy1 said:   extremedodgerfan15 said:   US Bank gives the promo code "Present Promotion Code CK1130A to your banker or enter it online when you apply." Seems like this offer is good for any new customer.

What part of "1.This offer is restricted to recipients of an offer via mail or email and is not transferable. " don't you understand?


its contradictory if you ask me, it says you can't transfer the offer, but then they give you the promo code.

dg09 said:   bobopig1 said:   DWooley said:   dg09 said:   elektronic said:   Did anyone fund with CC? Cash advance with AMEX or purchase?

yes, it was marked as cash advance on MC

Citi MC charged as purchase.


are you sure about this? Citi Cards have started treating all banks checking account funding as cash advance for several years.


2 points, I paid cash advance fee to CC MC while opening US checking account 2 weeks ago and second as per CC CS, they do not decide the purchase / transaction type but vendor sends them the transaction type. As per my understanding, here US bank is sending transaction as cash advance.


Not exactly true -- the vendor codes it as purchase or cash advance, BUT the CC issuer can also RECODE it as a cash advance even if the vendor codes it as a purchase. Citi is the main issuer to do this -- regardless of what the vendor codes it as, Citi will re-code it afterwards and charge you the cash advance fee.

So basically you need both the vendor to code it correctly and the CC issuer to not re-code it, which rules out using Citi in all cases.

Any one know which credit bureau they pull? If it's TU or EQ I'm golden!

Thank you..

Floydian said:   Yikes, well, fingers crossed my AMEX $500 fund goes through as a purchase. Thanks OP either way!

Did it come through as a purchase or cash advance? Thanks in advance for your help.

brandon032586 said:   Floydian said:   Yikes, well, fingers crossed my AMEX $500 fund goes through as a purchase. Thanks OP either way!

Did it come through as a purchase or cash advance? Thanks in advance for your help.


They just called me to verify my address -- they said the charge should go through this afternoon, so I'll post an update after I see it on my online transactions.

On a separate note, he had a hard time verifying if the $200 bonus was attached to my account since he said they're typically attached to whatever was mailed to the customer... so we'll see if the bonus goes through. I saved a few screenshots in case that helps out later on (since I did not get the mailing).

.

Skipping 132 Messages...
last year they dropped their early account closure fee, so you can close anytime without a fee.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014