• 14 5 67820
  • Page
  • Text Only
If I apply for this card $400 and open a checking account with US Bank for their $200 offer will this mean 2 separate hard pulls?

How long will it take to get my score back up. I have no dept and pay all my bills on time and in full.

My office computer only have IE and not firefox will I be able to call in to apply for this card? Not interested in the $200 via IE.

Thanks OP, got instant approval with 5K limit

Instantly approved for 7.5K. Thanks OP!

vinstar said:   Thanks OP, got instant approval with 5K limit

me too

Would it be much of a mistake if my wife and I each apply for a card since we are looking to buy a house soon (may have even found one)?

We each have three credit cards with 0 balances and our credit scores are each in the upper 700's. We currently have no loans or debt of any kind.

We are planning on purchasing new TV's, a new bed, and a dining room set when we move. We will definitely be spending more than $2,000, so it would be nice to get the $800 back. If we did get the credit cards, we could buy some items now and just move them with us instead of waiting until we actually moved. However, some search results say don't apply for a credit card within 6 months of applying for a mortage, while others have said it doesn't affect it very much at all.

With that said, would it be worth it for the Cash Back or would it be best to just pass on this offer?

ehh, well i pulled the trigger. $7k instant. now i'm gonna head to us bank tomorrow and take advantage of their $200 offer.

asahi21 said:   If I apply for this card $400 and open a checking account with US Bank for their $200 offer will this mean 2 separate hard pulls?

1 hard pull. Both Barclays & US Bank participate in the Credit Report Sharing Consortium (CRSC).

asahi21 said:   How long will it take to get my score back up. I have no dept and pay all my bills on time and in full.

69 to 77 days

asahi21 said:   My office computer only have IE and not firefox will I be able to call in to apply for this card? Not interested in the $200 via IE.

download firefox free

http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/?from=getfirefox

farnsworths said:   asahi21 said:   If I apply for this card $400 and open a checking account with US Bank for their $200 offer will this mean 2 separate hard pulls?

1 hard pull. Both Barclays & US Bank participate in the Credit Report Sharing Consortium (CRSC).

Never heard of this Consortium. Can you provide more information, e.g., what other banks are members?

@farnsworths Thanks for the info. I never heard of the CRSC but I still appreciate the info.

HiLine said:   farnsworths said:   asahi21 said:   If I apply for this card $400 and open a checking account with US Bank for their $200 offer will this mean 2 separate hard pulls?

Never heard of this Consortium. Can you provide more information, e.g., what other banks are members?

Pretty sure he's BSing, seeing as Barclays and US Bank don't even pull the same bureau.

I have not seen this mentioned.

Does anyone who still has NFL card from previous deal (20k points) still open applied for another one with this deal?

this is a great offer unreal im very happy to thank who ever put it up ..................... did it and now waiting for the card

Thanks OP, that was an easy $800

Thanks OP. Approved for both me and my husband

Arris1 said:   imbatman said:   Arris1 said:   Is it bad to hit the min spend then cancel the card outright?

it would definitely be bad if you did that before getting the bonus.

Well that was worded incorrectly, I meant hit the spend, get the bonus and close it after I cash out.

CowbellMaster said:   Thanks, quick $8k approval for the wife... considering doing it myself too but between the discover card "spend $2500/mo" promo and two of these I'd have to really amp up the spending.

Ok, I think I'm up for the challenge.

What is this promo you have on your account? I have a spend 3k/month for 5 months get 500$ which I'm 1 month away from

Same promo just different amounts. I'm 3 months away from my $500.

CowbellMaster said:   Is anyone getting any emails from Barclay? Wife was approved and I'm a wait 'n see, and neither of us have received any emails.

Called the 800 #, was approved. The holdup was because I have a Priceline card.

oh why not, I'm in.

Those with more than one address, have you tired two applications with different addresses but same SSN?

(or am I being a greedy pig, unlike those LIBOR rigging Barclays a-holes)

So basically I can just send $1k in AP to the wife, have her re-deposit into the bank, pay the card and boom, $400?

Meadowlands said:   So basically I can just send $1k in AP to the wife, have her re-deposit into the bank, pay the card and boom, $400?

That would be how that works. I have to look up the thread on AP as there seemed to be some recommendation to break it up into different transactions totaling $1,000 but don't remember the reason at the moment.

What a great day! Free Sirius Internet radio, and $400! Thanks OP!

Has pretty much everyone had TU pulled for this?

amac23 said:   Has pretty much everyone had TU pulled for this?Looking at the creditboards database, there have been a handful of occasions where they pulled EQ or EXP, but the overwhelming majority of pulls have been TU.

Thanks OP. Got instant $6k approval. Glad I held out on the Chase Sapphire deal.

kjgco said:   amac23 said:   Has pretty much everyone had TU pulled for this?Looking at the creditboards database, there have been a handful of occasions where they pulled EQ or EXP, but the overwhelming majority of pulls have been TU.That would be a good thing. Citi pulls mine from Equifax and Chase pulls from Experian. Rarely see a pull from TU.

elektronic said:   Al3xK said:   BrianGa said:   kn9ght said:   mathfaster said:   Any issues with Barclay cards and using Amazon Payments to meet the spend requirement?
I want to know this also.
TIA
You guys don't have $1,000 in CC spending over 3 months? Utilities, phone, insurance bills, etc...?

I have this card and the Delta to burn through, so $6k in 3 months, but I'd like to knock it out in 1.

Delta is 5k in 6 months, no?

You're right.

Wife and I both approved, thank you NFL for paying for Christmas

applied and instant approval for 5K

Angers me.

I feel like I just lost $200.

Except for the initial page, I have no proof of $400. Will they really honor it? I know chase did give $350.

king0fSpades said:   Except for the initial page, I have no proof of $400. Will they really honor it? I know chase did give $350.

Login to your online account. Go to pull down menu "Rewards" click on "Program Overview". Look down and you will see "Earning Potential" and should see the 40000 points line.

wilkinru said:   Angers me.

I feel like I just lost $200.

Same here, although with the extra spend promo I ended up with 400 anyways so I guess it isn't all that bad.

gringopapo said:   king0fSpades said:   Except for the initial page, I have no proof of $400. Will they really honor it? I know chase did give $350.

Login to your online account. Go to pull down menu "Rewards" click on "Program Overview". Look down and you will see "Earning Potential" and should see the 40000 points line.

Thanks! You are the man!

cherry3m said:   What a great day! Free Sirius Internet radio, and $400! Thanks OP!

cherry, could you (or anyone) explain free sirius please?..couldn't locate any offers..thanks

galvodog10 said:   cherry3m said:   What a great day! Free Sirius Internet radio, and $400! Thanks OP!

cherry, could you (or anyone) explain free sirius please?..couldn't locate any offers..thanks
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1222603/

Declined due to having too much credit available; and too many new requests in the past two years.

Why cancel?

Since they have language about previous holders not being eligible, there seems little reason to cancel (admittedly, it may emerge they do not enforce this, or do not enforce it after some period of time).

They have been known to offer bonus deals (such as 20,000 points for meeting certain spending), and an offer now that amount to 6% on department stores, etc (discussed in the earlier thread).

I had the card from the previous offer, and recently applied for the Priceline card (nice 2% back) and got it after talking to the analysts (usual financial questions)on the reconsideration line (although I had not actually been rejected, just deferred for further consideration). To get a large credit line, I had to offer to reduce my lines on my NFL card and my US Airways card (both the the $500 minimum they required). I suspect it might have been a little harder to get this card, or to get it with a large line (which I wanted on a 2% card), if I did not already have the other cards with decent lines.

This is a great card to add to your next App-o-rama.

Wth! Wnt ahead and applied and was approved for $7500 instantly. Thanks OP! Here's to free $400.

Got approved for 8K limit.

Is there a way to refer a friend and get more bonus? Would like to refer my husband

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014