• 1 2 34520
  • Page
  • Text Only
no its anything

zeiwui said:   $1000 in "net purchase". So have to spend $1000 on NFL or DirecTV, not anything. Am I right?Net purchases is your total purchases minus any returns you do (if you spend $1000 but return $200 then your net purchase is $800)

Bonus Points: Cardmembers will receive a one time bonus award of forty thousand (40,000) points after at least $1000 in Net Purchases (that are not later returned or rescinded) and/or balance transfers has been charged to the new account in the first ninety (90) days after account opening. There is a fee for Balance Transfers. These Bonus Points will be posted within approximately thirty (30) days after the qualifying transaction. Use of Balance Transfer Checks or convenience checks will not qualify for any bonus points. From time to time, we may offer bonuses or points or other premiums to new NFL Extra Points Cardmembers. Unless otherwise stated in the offer, these bonuses and/or awards are intended for persons who are not, and have not previously been, NFL Extra Points credit card members with Barclaycard. You understand and agree that, unless we otherwise state, you are no longer eligible to receive these bonuses and/or awards for any new NFL Extra Points credit card accounts you open after your first account with Barclaycard is opened. If you receive a bonus or award for which you are not eligible, we may revoke the bonus or award, or reduce your points by the amount of the award, or charge your account for the fair value of the bonus or award, at our option.

I can't find "one per address" type terms anywhere. Has anyone seen that?

Done - DW and I applied - 7K limit for each of us. Thanks!

Is this worth a hard pull? I just got a new BoA CC back in July and know once I get the bonus I would never use this card. It is crap unless you really do go to a lot of NFL games or just like to buy overpriced merchandise at the NFL Store.

Tanner said:   I can't find "one per address" type terms anywhere. Has anyone seen that?Multiple people in the household can apply

Instant approval! Thanks!

My wife stays home with the kids but has excellent credit. Think she can apply and get one, using my income like I just did, and put something like Professional for occupation?

zeiwui said:   $1000 in "net purchase". So have to spend $1000 on NFL or DirecTV, not anything. Am I right?

Qualifying purchase option 1
Qualifying purchase option 2
Qualifying purchase option 3

amac23 said:   Is this worth a hard pull? I just got a new BoA CC back in July and know once I get the bonus I would never use this card. It is crap unless you really do go to a lot of NFL games or just like to buy overpriced merchandise at the NFL Store.
$400 is definitely worth a hard pull. Plus Barclays has shown they may offer occasional promos to existing cardholders.

FatWalletLurker said:   Clicked through the OP link and got the 400$ offer with IE.
Tried pasting into Firefox and it was a 200$ offer.

No idea how they decide, but I took the $400.
Thanks OP!
Once you click the original link and pick a team, it goes to a generic team link so you can't copy/paste that generic team link and get the same offer

Copy/paste this in new browser: http://www.nflextrapoints.com/nfl_2012/?campaignId=1717&cellNumber=501

amac23 said:   Is this worth a HP? I just got a new BoA CC back in July and know once I get the bonus I would never use this card. It is crap unless you really do go to a lot of NFL games or just like to buy overpriced merchandise at the NFL Store.People are in it for the $400 -- some people who applied for the $200 offer earlier this year got other offers a few months later (spend $500 each month for 3 months and get $200 or spend $1250 each month for 3 months and get $200)

So you can stop using the card after you get the bonus and wait a few months to see if you get another offer on it, but $400 is definitely worth a hard pull

Instant approval. Thanks OP!

Firefox here, $400. Approval pending.

jatan1986 said:   LiquidSilver said:   Got instant approval using the $400 link in the QS (Chrome on a mac). FYI, when you print out the terms and conditions it list the 40,000 bonus. Thanks OP.Its in the terms and also in your online account

Rewards -> Program Overview

2 points for every $1 spent on NFL purchases Partner Purchases
1 point for every $1 spent on purchases Purchases
40,000 points for $1K spent in first 90 days First Use Bonus
Earn even more by shopping at participating retailers! Barclaycard Rewards Boost

Hard pull on TU for me

you figure out the cellid for that offer? I've gone through all the 500s, and I've only found 100/200 offers.

In4Two!

imbatman said:   
you figure out the cellid for that offer? I've gone through all the 500s, and I've only found 100/200 offers.
The $400 off $750 offer?

Searching the old thread (http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/1167037/ ) it looks like that was the other offer that people got back in spring when the first $200 came around

My guess is that its no longer available and they changed it to $400 off $1000 in the past 1-3 months

can't resist...$400 in Firefox and approved in minutes...green

Thanks, approved for the $400, wife is pending.

Instant approval for 2, this goes towards my 'vacation for free' fund. Thanks OP!

@ Tanner - took me a while but I finally got it. Funny

Got need for further review message. I have one barclay card, $18,500 credit line. Maybe this is why?

Thanks OP. Approved for $7500 limit, $400 after $1000 spend. Now to get the wife to apply.

clearanceman said:   Got need for further review message. I have one barclay card, $18,500 credit line. Maybe this is why?

Wife was approved instantly. Only $2300 but hey that's all it takes, we put everything on CC and pay it off each month anyway. $1000 in 3 months for each of us is easy.

yorkie345 said:   Instant approval! Thanks!

My wife stays home with the kids but has excellent credit. Think she can apply and get one, using my income like I just did, and put something like Professional for occupation?

What is everyone doing for this situation now that the applications have changed from household income to employment income? Homemaker and use the amount of money she receives from our joint account to pay off her spending?

cheapdad00 said:   yorkie345 said:   Instant approval! Thanks!

What is everyone doing for this situation now that the applications have changed from household income to employment income? Homemaker and use the amount of money she receives from our joint account to pay off her spending?

Well, maybe that's why mine was delayed. I used household income, oops...if I get turned down, it's still $400 on hers. I don't apply for cards very often anymore, it takes a deal like this for me to apply. Last one was Southwest for $500.

Where can you spend the $400 you earn? Anything or it has to be in nfl store?

jrintal said:   Where can you spend the $400 you earn? Anything or it has to be in nfl store?Statement credit on purchases you make >$25

Not sure if they give the 40k points on your first statement if you spend $1000 right away or do they wait til after 90 days are up

If they give the bonus on the first statement then you can apply the $400 right away -- if they wait til the 90 days are up then you can spend a few hundred the 1st month, a few hundred the 2nd month and then make a $400+ purchase in the 3rd month and apply the $400 credit to that

jatan1986 said:   jrintal said:   Where can you spend the $400 you earn? Anything or it has to be in nfl store?Statement credit on purchases you make >$25

Not sure if they give the 40k points on your first statement if you spend $1000 right away or do they wait til after 90 days are up

If they give the bonus on the first statement then you can apply the $400 right away -- if they wait til the 90 days are up then you can spend a few hundred the 1st month, a few hundred the 2nd month and then make a $400+ purchase in the 3rd month and apply the $400 credit to that

If I spend a few hunderds on the first 2 months. Can i pay it off on the said month? or it has to have a balance of $1000 on the 3rd month?

jatan1986 said:   jrintal said:   Where can you spend the $400 you earn? Anything or it has to be in nfl store?Statement credit on purchases you make >$25

If it's anything like the $200 offer, the points show up at the close of the statement period when you meet the criteria.

So I purchased a $202 gift card and redeemed 20,200 points to payoff the balance.
For this card, say you spend $600 in month 1, pay it off, then spend $410 in month 2, you should have 41,000. Redeem 41,000 for $410 statement credit in full to payoff the $410.
I think that ought to work out right?

Thanks!! Use IE9, applied for wifey, approved. Easy 400 buacks on money that I will spend anyway.

I didn't read the entirety of the other thread, so I don't know if it has been mentioned, but it looks like you can also get a $200 statement credit after 12/31 if you are a DirectTV NFL Sunday Ticket as of 12/31 and have made $750 in purchases before 12/31. Terms and conditions here.

Here is the most relevant term:

Terms & Conditions said: 4. DirecTV Sunday Ticket Statement Credit:: A statement credit in the amount of $200 will be issued to the credit card Account if the following criteria are met: A) Cardmember must be an active DirecTV® NFL Sunday Ticket™ subscriber on 12/31/2012. B) $750.00 in Net Purchases (that are not later returned or rescinded) have been charged to the credit card Account by 12/31/2012. The statement credit will be issued to qualifying Cardmembers on the credit card Account 1 to 2 billing cycles after 12/31/2012.

Perhaps that makes this card potentially worth $600 to someone. I don't see where they require that payment for Sunday Ticket subscription be made to this card, so you could theoretically already be a subscriber and score an extra $200. If you aren't a subscriber, you could essentially subscribe for free.

On 2nd look, I'm thinking that they won't "stack" - not sure what I was thinking. Though there is a link to get $300 for Sunday Ticket Max, if they pull this $400 link.

Approved $5k limit. For those of you who have done an NFL Barclays credit card before, do you close the card after you're done or do you just leave it open and inactive?

$400 for non Citi/Chase/BofA/AMEX = done and done

sloppy1 said:   Your link gave $400 for me in Firefox but only $200 in IE 8.

Wow... thats brocism...

jrintal said:   
If I spend a few hunderds on the first 2 months. Can i pay it off on the said month? or it has to have a balance of $1000 on the 3rd month?
You can pay off the first 2 months -- as long as you have $1000 in net purchases (purchases minus returns) within 90 days you'll get the bonus

I'm not sure if they wait til 90 days to pay the bonus or give it sooner

imbatman said:   If it's anything like the $200 offer, the points show up at the close of the statement period when you meet the criteria.

So I purchased a $202 gift card and redeemed 20,200 points to payoff the balance.
For this card, say you spend $600 in month 1, pay it off, then spend $410 in month 2, you should have 41,000. Redeem 41,000 for $410 statement credit in full to payoff the $410.
I think that ought to work out right?
The $200 offer is just with any purchase so even a $1 purchase will trigger the bonus, but this one is $1000 in net purchases within 90 days so not sure if they'll wait 90 days or not

Most likely they won't since they do pay other bonuses quickly, but if someone is depending on the $400 statement credit then its better to make your big purchase during the 3rd month so the points will post before your 3rd statement's due date

My spending level isnt that high to test it out for the 1st or 2nd month so if someone wants to hit $1k by the 1st or 2nd statement to see what happens -- I also applied for a Citi card a few days back ($150 bonus for $500 in purchases) so I'll be hitting $500 on that first and then I'll work on hitting $1k on the NFL card during the 2nd & 3rd month (plan on using the $400 credit towards 3rd statement's payment)

Al3xK said:   Approved $5k limit. For those of you who have done an NFL Barclays credit card before, do you close the card after you're done or do you just leave it open and inactive?Keep it open -- some people who applied earlier this year got other offers on the card after not using it for a few months

Al3xK said:   Approved $5k limit. For those of you who have done an NFL Barclays credit card before, do you close the card after you're done or do you just leave it open and inactive?

I tend to keep it open as Barclay's is starting to shut down repeat signup bonuses on the same card (you used to be able to churn the US Air card, but I don't think you can anymore). Currently only my wife has the NFL card - might close it down if she decides to include the US Air card in a bonus AOR.

and as jatan stated, the NFL card does have periodic bonuses. Usually in the order of 5% CashBack equivalence, either on all spend, or certain category spend, up to a certain amount. It's a pretty good card to hang on to so long as they keep giving those bonuses. It cycles into my wallet (my wife's wallet) every once in a while.

thanks for the info on keeping it open.

imbatman said:   Al3xK said:   Approved $5k limit. For those of you who have done an NFL Barclays credit card before, do you close the card after you're done or do you just leave it open and inactive?

I tend to keep it open as Barclay's is starting to shut down repeat signup bonuses on the same card (you used to be able to churn the US Air card, but I don't think you can anymore). Currently only my wife has the NFL card - might close it down if she decides to include the US Air card in a bonus AOR.

and as jatan stated, the NFL card does have periodic bonuses. Usually in the order of 5% CashBack equivalence, either on all spend, or certain category spend, up to a certain amount. It's a pretty good card to hang on to so long as they keep giving those bonuses. It cycles into my wallet (my wife's wallet) every once in a while.

I churned the US Air card a month ago. I wouldn't be too surprised if someone managed to churn this one.

thanks,in for the deal, got $5,000.00 instant approval.

gloreglabert said:   imbatman said:   Al3xK said:   Approved $5k limit. For those of you who have done an NFL Barclays credit card before, do you close the card after you're done or do you just leave it open and inactive?

I churned the US Air card a month ago. I wouldn't be too surprised if someone managed to churn this one.

Good to know. How long did you keep the old one open? I just said they've started to shut it down (not that it was 100% shut down)- as in I'm starting to read reports of people not getting the bonus on subsequent applications - people are still getting them, others are not. I typically won't risk an app given reports like that - I'll find something else to apply for.

Thanks OP, I squeaked by with a $1.5K CL, wife with $5K

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014