• 111 12 13141520
  • Page
  • Text Only
^^^WHY SO MUCH SCIENCE FOR THIS STUPID CARD?!

Al3xK said:   ^^^WHY SO MUCH SCIENCE FOR THIS STUPID CARD?!

Because people ask the same question over and over again.

c3 said:   Al3xK said:   ^^^WHY SO MUCH SCIENCE FOR THIS STUPID CARD?!

Because people ask the same question over and over again.

Seriously, I'm tired of opening this thread to posts from people who can't read the rest of the thread.
I've put my original suggestion (on page 2 of 12) on how to best use points in the QS.
I've put jatan's more detailed suggestion from the previous page in the QS.

I really hope people stop asking how to best use the points now.

and hopefully the next person who posts includes a working link for the offer.

imbatman.........thanks for doing that. The reason, I think, is that the thread has chaff w/ the wheat and if you really read the whole thread, there is conflicting info and people become unsure. If you just read portions, you may be sure .....but you may also be wrong. .........so you did a good deed by putting it (filtered) up front. Thanks again for that.

imaginary red for you because the next post didn't include a working link for the offer

There is enough material in here for someone to write a PhD thesis on how to redeem full points

I agree with kaneohe. There are so many conflicting posts. Somebody slowly explained it to me, because I was being dense, then turns out they were wrong. I said screw it and bought two Vanilla Visas and I'll figure it out in the store. If I have to buy another $400 gift card, so be it.

Al3xK said:   I agree with kaneohe. There are so many conflicting posts. Somebody slowly explained it to me, because I was being dense, then turns out they were wrong. I said screw it and bought two Vanilla Visas and I'll figure it out in the store. If I have to buy another $400 gift card, so be it.

if you do what I did in my first post and put in the QS, you will be just fine.
hit the spend, make sure one of the purchases is precisely $410. If you buy $400 GC, you will have $10 in leftover unused rewards.

There has been a lot of wrong information posted for redemption. I purchased 2 Vanilla Reloads @ 503.95 each for $1007.90 to meet my spend. My 41,008 points showed up a few days later. When I went to redeem, I had the option of applying 30,000/35,000/or 40,000 points for one of my Vanilla reload purchases. There was no option for applying 37,500 points like some posts claim. I chose to redeem 35,000 points leaving me with 6,000 points leftover. I then made a $60 charge and redeemed the remaining 6,000 points. This way I only have 68 points left over.

Marlin1975 said:   Got my Falcons card today, 13.74%.

Make sure you call 1-877-523-0478 to OPT-OUT of their marketing. i.e. so they don't sell your phone number, address, etc... Its all automated so you don't have to talk to anyone just press some buttons on your phone.

I thought if they share your info, you might get targeted for other credit card promotions.

For those who applied and were deferred here is a data point......

I applied for myself and my wife on the same day (not sure exactly what day, but it was within the first 2 or 3 days this offer was posted). Wife was instantly approved and I was deferred (I have Priceline card, she does not). Her card arrived within a few days but nothing for me. I never called and they never called me. On Monday 10/8 the card showed up in my account (when I log in to pricelinerewardsvisa.com the NFL card is on a separate tab). However, I still have not received the actual card yet.

So if you are on the 10 day deferral, you may receive the card without any contact.

bbr said:   I never called and they never called me. On Monday 10/8 the card showed up in my account (when I log in to pricelinerewardsvisa.com the NFL card is on a separate tab). However, I still have not received the actual card yet.

So if you are on the 10 day deferral, you may receive the card without any contact.
What is your application status at https://www.barclaycardus.com/app/japply/checkstatus.do?default_... ?

NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   bbr said:   I never called and they never called me. On Monday 10/8 the card showed up in my account (when I log in to pricelinerewardsvisa.com the NFL card is on a separate tab). However, I still have not received the actual card yet.

What is your application status at https://www.barclaycardus.com/app/japply/checkstatus.do?default_... ?

Congratulations! On 10/08/2012 you were approved for the
Atlanta Falcons NFL Extra Points Visa Card with a Revolving Credit Line of $xxxxxxx

You'll receive your card, pin, and cardmember agreement within the next 10 days. Set up online access now. Select GO to create a username and password.

Just for fun, I was able to bring up a 40k bonus T&C application page by tweaking the &prodidreq value in the URL to the value used in my 40k application URL I had saved. You can see in action by picking a team and clicking Apply to bring up the application form (for a lesser offer), change your &prodidreq=<value> to &prodidreq=CCMWC48974 for example and refresh the page, and the T&C will now reflect the 40k bonus point offer. Of course this is just for fun.

I got a bonus before. I cancelled the card and now I got another one. However, the wiki states the below. Anybody in the same situation who has double dipped and was successful?? TIA.

For those asking if they can apply for this card after applying previously for the 200 dollar offer:

"From time to time, we may offer bonuses or points or other premiums to new NFL Extra Points Cardmembers. Unless otherwise stated in the offer, these bonuses and/or awards are intended for persons who are not, and have not previously been, NFL Extra Points credit card members with Barclaycard. You understand and agree that, unless we otherwise state, you are no longer eligible to receive these bonuses and/or awards for any new NFL Extra Points credit card accounts you open after your first account with Barclaycard is opened. If you receive a bonus or award for which you are not eligible, we may revoke the bonus or award, or reduce your points by the amount of the award, or charge your account for the fair value of the bonus or award, at our option."

Well, that was interesting. Wife approved immediately for $2300. Mine was deferred. But I got it in the mail today $5000. LOL

As others have reported, the points are issued as soon as the transactions go through the system. Has anyone redeemed the points before the first statement closes?

c3 said:   As others have reported, the points are issued as soon as the transactions go through the system. Has anyone redeemed the points before the first statement closes?

It took a day or two to process but I got a $400 credit on my bill and paid off the balance before statement close

Just another datapoint. I bought two Vanilla Visas for $1009.90 and redeemed 40,000 ($400) against the statement credit. I have 1010 points left...oh well.

See if you can convince a hooker to take EXTRA points. "All I got are 1010 NFL EXTRA points, baby..." "What's that...?"

Received $400/credit by using Amazon payments.... Applied the credit to the Amazon Payment

Reminder that DirecTV gets 2 points/dollar, so if you are going to just run up regular purchases on this card to get to $1k for the bonus, might as well pay that bill if you have it for a few extra points.

I hit my $1K spend this past Sunday by buying some Lowes gift cards. The 40,000 bonus points posted to my account this morning. I've been using this as my primary spend card, so I just copied the transactions into excel, sorted them by value (ignoring every spend under $25.00), and messed around with different sums to maximize points. Ended up netting out five full transactions, which basically netted out $410.00 (points balance is now 68, which is less than $1.00). It was incredibility easy to maximize the bonus without paying a ton of attention to my spending. If you're worried about he redemption process just review the quick-summary but there are no "gotchas" here based on my experience.

I must say, Barclay's did a great job with this reward program. Even with the weird redemption system, it was smooth and the rewards post almost immediately. Thankfully, I ordered a card (account) for my wife as well, so I'm working on my second $400 bonus.

Just got an email. Use the card from 10/15-12/15 and each use is an entry into their superbowl ticket drawing. Rules say entries are net of all returns. Drawing is around Jan 2. I bet I could systematically purchase $20,000 in micro-purchases (<$1) in early December. If i win the Super Bowl tickets, woo hoo. If not, I make $20k in returns. Buhahahahaha....I'm not really going to do this but somebody else should.

Wow didn't know that they immediately give 40000 points after $1000 spend (without waiting statement). Now my Samsung Note 2 is free . (Both wife and I applied).

AMEX should learn from these guys. I had to contact customer service multiple times for 25K bonus miles. However, to my surprise, they did a second 25K post one year later, after I closed my account! (Being honest, I contacted them, and the CSR said "Computer is posting this. There is nothing I can do".)

Loafofbreadhead said:   I hit my $1K spend this past Sunday by buying some Lowes gift cards. The 40,000 bonus points posted to my account this morning. I've been using this as my primary spend card, so I just copied the transactions into excel, sorted them by value (ignoring every spend under $25.00), and messed around with different sums to maximize points. Ended up netting out five full transactions, which basically netted out $410.00 (points balance is now 68, which is less than $1.00). It was incredibility easy to maximize the bonus without paying a ton of attention to my spending. If you're worried about he redemption process just review the quick-summary but there are no "gotchas" here based on my experience.

I must say, Barclay's did a great job with this reward program. Even with the weird redemption system, it was smooth and the rewards post almost immediately. Thankfully, I ordered a card (account) for my wife as well, so I'm working on my second $400 bonus.

Loafofbreadhead: does it only do one item redemption at a time ? then after confirming do the next one ? I hope it does not disallow further redemption after 1 partial redemption

Secondly for amount such as 34.46 the initial redemption screen shows 3500 points to be redeemed: do they redeem only full dollar amount worth of points per charge ?

I am trying to choose multiple charges to redeem full and one partial (too big for 41000) so checking if possible and whether one at a time is what they do, and would they round off because not rounding would keep the total under 41000 but rounding 34.46 charge full payment to 3500 (and doing same for other full payments) can being total to above 41000 needed. TIA!

Invisible,

Yes, the system only allows you to do one redemption at a time, after-which you get the option to do another redemption (I did five total). After each redemption your remaining points balance will be updated. Also, it does seem to round up to the nearest dollar (so a $34.01 transaction takes 3500 points to do a full net-out redemption). Word of caution, I was lucky and only used the full redemption option and managed to net out all of my points. I have no experience with partial redemptions. Hopefully someone can chime in.

For those who still wanna get in, use this link. You get the Eagles card. Terms and Conditions on app verify the 40k bonus.

NFL Link

Do you happen to know a link for a New York Giants card that has the 40k bonus offer? Or how I could try to figure it out?

Loafofbreadhead said:   Invisible,

Yes, the system only allows you to do one redemption at a time, after-which you get the option to do another redemption (I did five total). After each redemption your remaining points balance will be updated. Also, it does seem to round up to the nearest dollar (so a $34.01 transaction takes 3500 points to do a full net-out redemption). Word of caution, I was lucky and only used the full redemption option and managed to net out all of my points. I have no experience with partial redemptions. Hopefully someone can chime in.

Thanks, anyone had partial + full redemption experience ? If not I might need to be the 1st

Got my points and redeemed them.. I love it when deals work like they are supposed to.

Barclay's has a 1% rate on savings account.
http://www.depositaccounts.com/banks/barclays.html

How does the 20% off on NFLshop.com work? Is it done through the card or is a coupon code they give you? Basically I want to know if I can stack it with one of the 20% off coupons that go around from time to time to net 40% off of my purchase.

Blackwb said:   For those who still wanna get in, use this link. You get the Eagles card. Terms and Conditions on app verify the 40k bonus.

NFL Link

Confirmed this works. Or at least I got an instant approval just now, set up my online account and under Rewards - Overview (I think it is), it shows the terms of the bonus (40k pts. for 1k spend in 90 days).

bkemp99 said:   Blackwb said:   For those who still wanna get in, use this link. You get the Eagles card. Terms and Conditions on app verify the 40k bonus.

NFL Link

Confirmed this works. Or at least I got an instant approval just now, set up my online account and under Rewards - Overview (I think it is), it shows the terms of the bonus (40k pts. for 1k spend in 90 days).

I still have a link saved too. I think mine was Dallas Cowboys (don't watch but I am in Texas) When you click on the "terms and conditions" on my saved link and this one, you can scroll down to the Reward Rules you will see the 40,000 points offer listed.

I didn't apply the first day I clicked it. Then I came back here and saw that the offer changed. I didn't try again with my link because I don't want the card unless I am gonna get the 40,000 points. But you say it does show up when you log in>? I might have to try it. It would be worth it for $800 credits with two cards.

ANybody have experience funding a bank account with this card or anyone seen a post to that effect can reference me to the same. Dont want to get hit with ridiculous cash advance fees so any inputs would be appreciated

Still working....

I just applied also with my old saved link, this one is for the Dallas Cowboys card. Instant approval for both me and hubby. Logged in and see the 40,000 bonus after $1000 spend.

Here is my Cowboys NFL link if anyone else wants to try it.

Removed "dead" from the title as we're getting some new working links. I'm on my iPhone, so updating the OP and QS aren't an option. Either someone can update QS, or we will just see links as they are presented.
Thanks!

imbatman said:   Removed "dead" from the title as we're getting some new working links. I'm on my iPhone, so updating the OP and QS aren't an option. Either someone can update QS, or we will just see links as they are presented.
Thanks!
I updated QS with the two working links & moved the old dead link to bottom.

Link for Green Bay Packers Mastercard: $400 Packers card application
Searched through my history and found the application. Applied for me and husband - both instantly approved and rewards offer shows in both accounts. Hooray!

Still waiting for approval. My "up to 10 day" review is 15+ days and counting. I guess I need to call.

The only contact I received was an email from Barclays UK ("Good news - the results of your pre-application check. The results of your pre-application check show itís likely youíre eligible for a Barclaycard." and listed several offers for UK cards) and another email reminder about the UK offer. Nothing from Barclays Delaware.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014