• 12 3 4520
  • Page
  • Text Only
Perfect, instant approval for $6500.

Omitting balance transfer portions and concentrating on bonus point conditions:

"Bonus Points: Cardmembers will receive a one time bonus award of forty thousand (40,000) points after at least $1000 in Net Purchases (that are not later returned or rescinded) has been charged to the new account in the first ninety (90) days after account opening. These Bonus Points will be posted within approximately thirty (30) days after the qualifying transaction. "

and redemption conditions omitting NFL related:

"3. Redemption Options: Cardmembers may redeem Points for a variety of rewards including Cash Back via a statement credit towards any purchase transactions of $25 or more that posted to your account within the last 90 days. Statement credit redemption amount cannot exceed the amount of the qualifying purchase transaction."

So as soon as charges of $1000 or over post, within approx 30 days, the bonus posts, that then can be redeemed for past transactions of 90 days that are $25 and over -- but what is not clear is would they count the purchases not in the current statement (they should per past 90 days wording) -- and the last line I italicized seems to be for transactions that are under, so basically if all transactions are 25 and under then you get nothing, nada ...

This is an amazing signup deal...I just know I wouldn't use the card at all and would get it only for the bonus...dont know if I want to add another card to my arsenal

EDIT: Screw it I signed up 2.5CL approved immediately, I'll hit the spend and then toss the card.

Got need for further review message.. clicked on application status and says they cannot offer me credit card.
Is there a reconsideration line to call?

Thanks OP. Instant approval for wifey and I. $800 free bucks!! 1 more card deal and our December flight overseas will be free!

buno said:   Got need for further review message.. clicked on application status and says they cannot offer me credit card.
Is there a reconsideration line to call?

866-369-1283
good luck.

invisible said:   Omitting balance transfer portions and concentrating on bonus point conditions:

"Bonus Points: Cardmembers will receive a one time bonus award of forty thousand (40,000) points after at least $1000 in Net Purchases (that are not later returned or rescinded) has been charged to the new account in the first ninety (90) days after account opening. These Bonus Points will be posted within approximately thirty (30) days after the qualifying transaction. "

"3. Redemption Options: Cardmembers may redeem Points for a variety of rewards including Cash Back via a statement credit towards any purchase transactions of $25 or more that posted to your account within the last 90 days. Statement credit redemption amount cannot exceed the amount of the qualifying purchase transaction."

So as soon as charges of $1000 or over post, within approx 30 days, the bonus posts, that then can be redeemed for past transactions of 90 days that are $25 and over -- but what is not clear is would they count the purchases not in the current statement (they should per past 90 days wording) -- and the last line I italicized seems to be for transactions that are under, so basically if all transactions are 25 and under then you get nothing, nada ...
This card appears identical to the Barclays Priceline card, in which case you're absolutely correct. That's why you can structure the purchases as imbatman mentioned above, so that you have a single $410 purchase. Or really any combination of purchases greater than $25 each, which total about $410.

Example: make the purchases below and you should be able to redeem all of them for statement credit.

$123.00
$45.89
$62.00
$179.00

Thanks approved for 5k

This offer is not available for residents of Iowa or Puerto Rico.

WTF, Iowa?

Husband approved for $5k. I got the wait-and-see. Did use the same address for both.

Edit: Called and got approved for $15k. So in x2.

curtisekarr said:   invisible said:   Omitting balance transfer portions and concentrating on bonus point conditions:

This card appears identical to the Barclays Priceline card, in which case you're absolutely correct. That's why you can structure the purchases as imbatman mentioned above, so that you have a single $410 purchase. Or really any combination of purchases greater than $25 each, which total about $410.

Example: make the purchases below and you should be able to redeem all of them for statement credit.

$123.00
$45.89
$62.00
$179.00

Applied for this, the Delta 70k promo, USBank Checking, and NFCU new account promos in the last week. You can use the Barclays card to fund the USBank Checking account when you get it, knocking out $500.

Is it bad to hit the min spend then cancel the card outright?

Arris1 said:   Is it bad to hit the min spend then cancel the card outright?

it would definitely be bad if you did that before getting the bonus.

curtisekarr said:   invisible said:   Omitting balance transfer portions and concentrating on bonus point conditions:

$123.00
$45.89
$62.00
$179.00

So if I just buy two Vanilla Visas at CVS for $500+5.95 + $500+5.95 for $1011.90+tax, I should meet this spend requirement just fine right?

Al3xK said:   curtisekarr said:   invisible said:   Omitting balance transfer portions and concentrating on bonus point conditions:

$123.00
$45.89
$62.00
$179.00

So if I just buy two Vanilla Visas at CVS for $500+5.95 + $500+5.95 for $1011.90+tax, I should meet this spend requirement just fine right?

You would meet the min spend, but you would be able to redeem only 40,000 of your 41,000 points. Barclays has an odd redemption system wherein you can redeem for any purchase above $25. If you have the points to "pay" for the whole purchase, you can do that, but if you do not have enough, you can do a partial redemption ONLY in increments of 2500 poins ($25). So by having a $410 purchase, or purchases that are >$25 each and total $410, you can get the most redemption dollars out of your points.

very weird redemption system!

Bummer, I had opened this card for the $200 in Feb and closed it by May. Highly doubt I would get the bonus if I were to apply now

dpid said:   Bummer, I had opened this card for the $200 in Feb and closed it by May. Highly doubt I would get the bonus if I were to apply now

if you have a credit inquiry to burn, you could try and report back on the churnability of the card

What the heck, approved for 5.5k.

Any issues with Barclay cards and using Amazon Payments to meet the spend requirement?

Thanks, quick $8k approval for the wife... considering doing it myself too but between the discover card "spend $2500/mo" promo and two of these I'd have to really amp up the spending.

Ok, I think I'm up for the challenge.

mathfaster said:   Any issues with Barclay cards and using Amazon Payments to meet the spend requirement?
I want to know this also.
TIA

sweet, instant approval for $5k, I really don't need another CC but I DO need $400 )))))))))))))

kn9ght said:   mathfaster said:   Any issues with Barclay cards and using Amazon Payments to meet the spend requirement?
TIA
You guys don't have $1,000 in CC spending over 3 months? Utilities, phone, insurance bills, etc...?

kn9ght said:   mathfaster said:   Any issues with Barclay cards and using Amazon Payments to meet the spend requirement?
TIA

While I don't specifically know the answer - why not just use whatever card you usually use at AP this month that you know will work, and use this card for everyday spending, then when you hit $600, buy a $410 grocery gift card and redeem points for that purchase? 400/1000 is still 40% CashBack.

Is anyone getting any emails from Barclay? Wife was approved and I'm a wait 'n see, and neither of us have received any emails.

T&C said: and Cash Back via a statement credit towards any purchase transactions of $25 or more that posted to your account within the last 90 days. Statement credit redemption amount cannot exceed the amount of the qualifying purchase transaction.

Seems to me this means that I can make one purchase >$1000 and then be redeemed for $400 of that purchase by redeeming 40000 bonus points - caveat: after ~30 days from my purchase of >$1000... Hmmm... after 30 days I will have already paid down the balance.

I'm confused on how Barclays redemption system works. My intent with this card is to make a $1500 purchase that I was already planning on making and then putting the bonus points towards that purchase, effectively making my purchase $1100. Could somebody please shed a bit more light on the redemption policy of Barclays?

BrianGa said:   kn9ght said:   mathfaster said:   Any issues with Barclay cards and using Amazon Payments to meet the spend requirement?
TIA
You guys don't have $1,000 in CC spending over 3 months? Utilities, phone, insurance bills, etc...?

Yes but I want it all and do not want to give up my 6% on groceries and my 5% back on insurance, utilities, phone with US BANK.

mathfaster said:   BrianGa said:   kn9ght said:   mathfaster said:   Any issues with Barclay cards and using Amazon Payments to meet the spend requirement?
TIA

Yes but I want it all and do not want to give up my 6% on groceries and my 5% back on insurance, utilities, phone with US BANK.

you don't spend $$ anywhere else?

or, you know, you could test AP. do a $5 charge month 1. See what happens. You have 90 days to hit the spend.

Thank you OP!

CowbellMaster said:   Is anyone getting any emails from Barclay? Wife was approved and I'm a wait 'n see, and neither of us have received any emails.

No emails, but when I checked at the website to check the application status, https://www.barclaycardus.com/app/japply/checkstatus.do?default_... it came back with:

"Currently we are unable to offer you a credit card issued by Barclays Bank Delaware. Details on why we could not make you a credit offer will be mailed to you."

But no emails telling me that.

What the heck ... decided to go for it. Hard to turn down 41% Cash Back. Thanks, OP!

imbatman said:   mathfaster said:   BrianGa said:   kn9ght said:   mathfaster said:   Any issues with Barclay cards and using Amazon Payments to meet the spend requirement?
TIA

or, you know, you could test AP. do a $5 charge month 1. See what happens. You have 90 days to hit the spend.

Your test transaction is the better option. $400 is a good payback on $1,000 spend. Also forgot about my 5% back on gas with PenFed. I have used AP to drain PenFed rewards cards and AMEX prepaid cards but never used it on a credit card. Do you know of any other cc issuers who do have issues with using AP? Just curious.

mathfaster said:   BrianGa said:   kn9ght said:   mathfaster said:   Any issues with Barclay cards and using Amazon Payments to meet the spend requirement?
TIA

Someone needs to mock up a 1st World Problem meme.

mathfaster said:   imbatman said:   mathfaster said:   BrianGa said:   kn9ght said:   mathfaster said:   Any issues with Barclay cards and using Amazon Payments to meet the spend requirement?
TIA

Your test transaction is the better option. $400 is a good payback on $1,000 spend. Also forgot about my 5% back on gas with PenFed. I have used AP to drain PenFed rewards cards and AMEX prepaid cards but never used it on a credit card. Do you know of any other cc issuers who do have issues with using AP? Just curious.

There's another thread dedicated to that question. I've personally never had a problem with any issuer that I've tried.

CowbellMaster said:   Is anyone getting any emails from Barclay? Wife was approved and I'm a wait 'n see, and neither of us have received any emails.I applied in the morning and was instantly approved -- got my welcome email 2-3 hours later

With a lot of people on FW & SD applying it may take a little longer now

Not sure how long it takes for people who got the manual review message -- someone posted a phone number earlier that you can call the next day to find out or just wait it out a few days for a response

CowbellMaster said:   Someone needs to mock up a 1st World Problem meme.

This is fw after all.

mathfaster said:   Any issues with Barclay cards and using Amazon Payments to meet the spend requirement?
No. I (unfortunately) jumped on the 20K offer several months ago and signed my wife up last month as well. I ran the initial $202 charge through AP as well as $1K a month for 3 months for the additional 20K promotion they sent me. No issues.

jatan1986 said:   CowbellMaster said:   Is anyone getting any emails from Barclay? Wife was approved and I'm a wait 'n see, and neither of us have received any emails.I applied in the morning and was instantly approved -- got my welcome email 2-3 hours later

With a lot of people on FW & SD applying it may take a little longer now

Not sure how long it takes for people who got the manual review message -- someone posted a phone number earlier that you can call the next day to find out or just wait it out a few days for a response

I pretty much always get manual review message. Last time I received confirmation email from Barclay's 10 days after applying for the card (for the US Air card).
This spring my wife got manual review on NFL card - received confirmation email around 36 hours after applying.

Applied, got the wait message. Called and spoke to an analyst that approved me for $5K Signature in just a few seconds.

So far the only email I've gotten is the "we will let you know" message, but the account is already showing up when I login online.

Nice!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014