• 116171819 20
  • Page
  • Text Only
Looks like partial redemptions are in $25 increments for small purchases and $50 increments on purchases over $100 so some math is definitely in order.

This question if for the card with the $1000 spend requirement:
Can anyone who has had this card before state what happens when you apply points to already paid for charges incurred in the previous billing cycle? Do you receive a refund check or will the current month's payment balance be reduced?
Thanks.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QUOTE:
wesleman said: For those who cannot redeem points for statement credits now, you can apply the statement credits against transactions in the past 90 days. So I suppose you can pay off your balance first, redeem points for the statement credits, then request a refund check for the negative balance.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I redeemed points towards the payments. Am i going to get credit for that amount in my account? Why would they allow redemptions towards the payments.

rustum said:   I redeemed points towards the payments. i going to get credit for that amount in my account? Why would they allow redemptions towards the payments.

I did the same thing late last year. That gave me a positive credit balance and I requested a check through secure message which took about 1or 2 weeks to show up.

Anyone know if you make a $25 purchase with no other purchases in the statement cycle and redeem 2500 points for a zero balance for the statement, if you will be charged a penalty for not making a minimum payment?

Yes, this is off the Barclay topic. But has anyone tried using the US Bank FlexPerks Travel Rewards Visa Signature® card to load AMEX serve recently & has it gone on as a purchase or cash advance? thx

Could I please get assistance on how to best redeem my Rewards points?

I responded to the "Spend $2,500, get $400" offer last year. Spent the $2,500 in two transactions: $500 and $2,000....so I have 42,500 points now.

When I log in to redeem for statement credit, I am permitted to redeem "partial redemption" amounts of 40,000, 35,000 or 30,000 under each of the two spending lines ($500 and $2,000). I have not yet spent anything above the $2,500 qualifying amount.

Any further spending I do on this card is going to a charitable organization, so I can spend EXACTLY the best amount to maximize statement credits.

What's the best way to do this without leaving money on the table? Wish I could just click a button to apply $425/42,500 points to my statement, but I guess that would be too easy!

Received an e-mail for 10,000 extra points for spending $1k per month in May, June, and July. Had previously only made the min spend to get the $400 bonus.

DarcyMae said:   Could I please get assistance on how to best redeem my Rewards points?

I responded to the "Spend $2,500, get $400" offer last year. Spent the $2,500 in two transactions: $500 and $2,000....so I have 42,500 points now.

When I log in to redeem for statement credit, I am permitted to redeem "partial redemption" amounts of 40,000, 35,000 or 30,000 under each of the two spending lines ($500 and $2,000). I have not yet spent anything above the $2,500 qualifying amount.

Any further spending I do on this card is going to a charitable organization, so I can spend EXACTLY the best amount to maximize statement credits.

What's the best way to do this without leaving money on the table? Wish I could just click a button to apply $425/42,500 points to my statement, but I guess that would be too easy!
Redeem 40000 pts ($400 credit) on the $2000 purchase and redeem 2500 pts ($25 credit) on the $500 purchase

If you haven't fully paid your card then the balance will go down by $425. If you alrdy paid off the $2500 balance then you'll have a negative $425 balance -- you can either make $425 in purchases or try and request a check for the negative balance

Thank you, jatan1986. I did already pay the balance, since the opportunity to redeem the points didn't appear until well after the payment due date.

This will be my last Barclay card. They make it too big of a PITA to redeem quickly and efficiently.

DarcyMae said:   Thank you, jatan1986. I did already pay the balance, since the opportunity to redeem the points didn't appear until well after the payment due date.

This will be my last Barclay card. They make it too big of a PITA to redeem quickly and efficiently.
No problem -- the $25/$50 increment redemption is annoying, but other than that I'm happy with Barclay

Barclay was quick with paying out bonus points and applying credits last year -- this year they started delaying points and a lot of people ran into a problem getting & redeeming points from the $400/$2500 offer after Barclay removed the offer link

DarcyMae said:   

You will have to spend $25.25 and redeem all points on this purchase. (25 cents are there because you will get another 25 points for $25 purchase)

cuant said:   DarcyMae said:   

You will have to spend $25.25 and redeem all points on this purchase. (25 cents are there because you will get another 25 points for $25 purchase)

$25.01 or greater will cost 2600 points ...

Just got an email that the web interface is being upgraded to match the Priceline card scheme. Hopefully it will resolve redemption issues for those experiencing them.

So I'm getting $425 in statement credit. Do I make my purchase/contribution for $450.25 ($425 + $25.25) and that will zero everything out? Or should it be for EXACTLY $425?

I seem to be missing something here; I just want to cash and out and be done with this card.

Does anyone have a current, non-expired link to the spend $1000 in the first 90 days, get $400 credit back? I can not find it anywhere.

I really want to get this card, and any help would be greatly appreciated.

$400 on $1000 spend has been dead for a while -- they changed it to $400 on $2500 spend and that one is also dead

You can try and go for this one instead http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/1265825/

HawkeyeNFO said:   Received an e-mail for 10,000 extra points for spending $1k per month in May, June, and July. Had previously only made the min spend to get the $400 bonus.

I have the same offer, already did all spending but still no 10,000 extra points. I assumed it is by calendar month and not by statment spending. For those who used similar offers before - when your bonus was posted?

MoneyOCD said:   HawkeyeNFO said:   Received an e-mail for 10,000 extra points for spending $1k per month in May, June, and July. Had previously only made the min spend to get the $400 bonus.

I have the same offer, already did all spending but still no 10,000 extra points. I assumed it is by calendar month and not by statment spending. For those who used similar offers before - when your bonus was posted?

You will earn 10,000 bonus points after you charge over $1,000 in net retail purchases (purchases that are not returned or rescinded) each month from May 1, 2013 through July 31, 2013. If you do not spend over $1 ,000 in any of the 3 months of the promotion, you will not be eligible for any bonus points as part of this offer. To receive your bonus points, your account must be open and in good standing. Purchases made during periods when your account is delinquent, your balance exceeds your credit line or your account is otherwise not in good standing as defined in your Credit Card Cardmember Agreement do not qualify for this offer. Your bonus points will appear on your statement up to 6-8 weeks after the end of the promotion.

depreshun said:   MoneyOCD said:   HawkeyeNFO said:   Received an e-mail for 10,000 extra points for spending $1k per month in May, June, and July. Had previously only made the min spend to get the $400 bonus.

You will earn 10,000 bonus points after you charge ov er $1,000 in net retail purchases (purchases that are not returned or rescinded) each month from May 1, 2013 through July 31, 2013. If you do not spend over $1 ,000 in any of the 3 months of the promotion, you will not be eligible for any bonus points as part of this offer. To receive your bonus points, your account must be open and in good standing. Purchases made during periods when your account is delinquent, your balance exceeds your credit line or your account is otherwise not in good standing as defined in your Credit Card Cardmember Agreement do not qualify for this offer. Your bonus points will appear on your statement up to 6-8 weeks after the end of the promotion.
As depreshun posted, you have to spend over $1000 each month. If you spent exactly $1000, then no points for you

Thanks to both of you, depreshun and ellory
Yes, I did spend more then 1k in each calendar month of May, June and July, total is $3100.
My July statment will close on July 19th and I will need to pay last charges by Mid of August.
Was really hoping to apply $131 to that balance but if it is really take 6-8 weeks after July 31 - guess have to pay in full.
Can anyone confirm that it is the case? Looks like new card sign up bonuces are showing up very quickly after meeting needed spend.

No bonus posted for my 3 months either MoneyOCD, so we may have to wait until after the last statement cuts. Unfortunate.

anyone know the procedure for a CL increase? will they do a hard pull if CL increase is requested?
just got a 1% BT offer from them, so its pretty tempting but CL they gave me is pretty low

Did you check the fine print of the offer? About half the BT promos they send me say that my CL will increase by the amount I BT.

My NFL card had been open 9 months, and using the CLI request button (account settings) on the recently revamped website, I increased the limit by 50%. FAKO credit reports confirmed no hard pull was done. I did a BT within 4 weeks of the that increase, but the BT offers were the same before and after limit increase.

07pilot4me said:   anyone know the procedure for a CL increase? will they do a hard pull if CL increase is requested?
just got a 1% BT offer from them, so its pretty tempting but CL they gave me is pretty low

Happy to report that when I logged in yesterday, I saw the bonus points for the 5% Q2 Gas/Dining/Hardware special. Also happy to see that I didn't have to jump through hoops with that stupid pick-a-purchase-to-redeem-for nonsense. Just got a statement credit for $36 and change. When it posts, I'll just request a check for the credit balance. Sweet.

Chris.

cpaynter said:   Happy to report that when I logged in yesterday, I saw the bonus points for the 5% Q2 Gas/Dining/Hardware special. Also happy to see that I didn't have to jump through hoops with that stupid pick-a-purchase-to-redeem-for nonsense. Just got a statement credit for $36 and change. When it posts, I'll just request a check for the credit balance. Sweet.

Chris.

where did you see/have 5% Q2 bonus sign up? Mine shows only year round benefits "Earn 2 Points for every $1 you spend on NFL purchases, Earn 1 Point for every $1 you spend everywhere else" -- so YMMV?

5% quarterly bonus for NFL card is targeted so only if you got an email from them -- I finally got one for Q3 (did not get one before that)

For me its 5 bonus pts on top of regular Cash Back (so 6 pts per $1) on grocery/drug/electronic stores -- up to 2500 bonus pts (so up to $500 purchases)

MoneyOCD said:   Thanks to both of you, depreshun and ellory
Yes, I did spend more then 1k in each calendar month of May, June and July, total is $3100.
My July statment will close on July 19th and I will need to pay last charges by Mid of August.
Was really hoping to apply $131 to that balance but if it is really take 6-8 weeks after July 31 - guess have to pay in full.
Can anyone confirm that it is the case? Looks like new card sign up bonuces are showing up very quickly after meeting needed spend.

Just wanted to add that I'm still waiting for my 10k points from this promo to post.

Same.

Interesting development ...

I cancelled my cards on Tuesday. I get a phone call on my work phone on Wednesday from Juniper Financial. They thanked me for being a loyal Barclay Titans Visa cardholder and said I was randomly selected to receive two tickets to the Titans preseason game for Thursday (yesterday). Without my prompting, they confirmed my (former) card # and mailing address. Thursday, I get a FedEx package with two tickets inside. Lower level, 5 rows from the field, in front of the cheerleaders.

Thank you Barclays, sorry I cancelled the card.

jcmitchell21 said:   Interesting development ...

I cancelled my cards on Tuesday. I get a phone call on my work phone on Wednesday from Juniper Financial. They thanked me for being a loyal Barclay Titans Visa cardholder and said I was randomly selected to receive two tickets to the Titans preseason game for Thursday (yesterday). Without my prompting, they confirmed my (former) card # and mailing address. Thursday, I get a FedEx package with two tickets inside. Lower level, 5 rows from the field, in front of the cheerleaders.

Wow, that's actually pretty awesome.

ellory said:   depreshun said:   MoneyOCD said:   HawkeyeNFO said:   Received an e-mail for 10,000 extra points for spending $1k per month in May, June, and July. Had previously only made the min spend to get the $400 bonus.

You will earn 10,000 bonus points after you charge ov er $1,000 in net retail purchases (purchases that are not returned or rescinded) each month from May 1, 2013 through July 31, 2013. If you do not spend over $1 ,000 in any of the 3 months of the promotion, you will not be eligible for any bonus points as part of this offer. To receive your bonus points, your account must be open and in good standing. Purchases made during periods when your account is delinquent, your balance exceeds your credit line or your account is otherwise not in good standing as defined in your Credit Card Cardmember Agreement do not qualify for this offer. Your bonus points will appear on your statement up to 6-8 weeks after the end of the promotion.
As depreshun posted, you have to spend over $1000 each month. If you spent exactly $1000, then no points for you

I did spend exactly $1000 in each month (should have read the offer more carefully). Haven't seen any bonus post -- but it seems that people who read the offer carefully haven't seen a bonus yet either. I'm hoping Barclays will show show some leniency. Please post once you get the bonus -- so I can know whether to stop looking.

Just to answer my own question -- I did get the extra 10000 points.  So spending the extra 1c was not necessary.

jcmitchell21 said:   Interesting development ...

Well now at least you'll have a reason for reapplying on the next $400.00 promo
Curious if you closing the account had anything to do with this or if it was just bad timing on their part.

I'll wait for the next 40,000 promo.

Kinda surprised they don't have another one with the start of the nfl season..

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014