• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Seems like an easy $10

Link: https://home.ingdirect.com/getpaid

Promotion Period: 10/1/2012 -- 11/30/2012

FAQ

What types of bill payments are eligible for this promotion?Any bill that is set up to pay in Electric Orange Bill Pay with a Debit Date between 10/1/2012 and 11/30/2012. Bills paid from your checkbook, Debit Card, or Person2Person Payments are not eligible.

What is the Debit Date?

The Debit Date is the date you select to have the money withdrawn from your Electric Orange to pay the bill.

What is considered a “paid” bill?

A bill is considered “paid” when the payment shows up in the Transaction History on your Electric Orange account page. You'll see the payment in your Transaction History around 10 P.M. on your selected Debit Date.

Does it count if I pay the same company multiple times?

Yep, as long as the Debit Dates are between 10/1/2012 and 11/30/2012.

When will I receive my $10?

If you meet the requirements and your account is in good standing, $10 will be deposited into your Electric Orange by 12/31/2012.

Want to learn more about Bill Pay?

Visit our Bill Pay Help Center.

Member Summary

ING Direct Pay 5 Bills
Thanks UncleRico
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
nothing here, existing customer, not targeted, paid (5) bills 10/01-10/31.

Last time I ever pay bills here unless I get a... (more)

booksleuth (Dec. 11, 2012 @ 3:37p) |

12/07/2012
Cha-ching! Your bill pay bonus

Thanks OP!

foeplay (Dec. 11, 2012 @ 3:52p) |

Odd...

I got notice last week that ING is not sending me a 1099-INT form this tax year. For 2011, the $10 bill pay bonus... (more)

HotSalami (Jan. 14, 2013 @ 12:55p) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

no sign up required?

yelve said:   no sign up required?

Nope - they had the same promo last fall too. $10 isn't much, but it only takes a few minutes to just schedule 5 small bill payments to a credit card, etc.

Last fall, if you didn't actually get targeted, and you made 5 payments anyway, you were likely to have gotten $0.

WHEE! A whole 10 bucks for about a hour's worth of typing and verifying. Love those 16-digit account numbers to be entered and all the PO box #s and zip-codes. Just slightly better than the sub-minimum-wage reward checking account returns on your time. (I am retired, a finance person, and still don't want to be bothered.) Maybe CapOne will do better for us.

Thanks OP. Not a ton of $ but still worth the five minutes to set up and do. I think I'll just set up my Ink Bold card with weekly payments for 5 weeks, and be done with it.

I am retired, a finance person and I DO want to be bothered. Green for you. Thanks again.

centrifuge41 said:   Last fall, if you didn't actually get targeted, and you made 5 payments anyway, you were likely to have gotten $0.

+1

snork615 said:   WHEE! A whole 10 bucks for about a hour's worth of typing and verifying. Love those 16-digit account numbers to be entered and all the PO box #s and zip-codes. Just slightly better than the sub-minimum-wage reward checking account returns on your time. (I am retired, a finance person, and still don't want to be bothered.) Maybe CapOne will do better for us.

I am sorry to hear that you lost most of your fingers (and perhaps some cognitive function) in a ghastly hand injury.
For those of us with 10 fingers, this amounts to $10 for 3 minutes worth of time, or $200 per hour in terms of hourly wages.

EDIT: took me 1 minute, since I sent the same amount to the same creditor five times (and didn't have to type po boxes or zips).
EDIT EDIT: have to go back and delete my payments, I failed to notice the promotion starts on the 1st lol

snork615 said:   WHEE! A whole 10 bucks for about a hour's worth of typing and verifying. Love those 16-digit account numbers to be entered and all the PO box #s and zip-codes. Just slightly better than the sub-minimum-wage reward checking account returns on your time. (I am retired, a finance person, and still don't want to be bothered.) Maybe CapOne will do better for us.

Actually it is fairly easy to set up bill pay. For well known firms (Discover, Ame) you type in the firm name, pick one from a short list, and then copy your credit card number (hopefully you have a list somewhere) or use a form filler such as Roboform. They state explicitly that multiple payments to the same firm are allowed.

This led me to look at a seldom used account and use the small sum in it to pay some bills, and keep the account from being forfeited to the state (along with my son's saving account there). I also noted they paid a respectble (for these days) rate of the savings (.8%) and a good rate on checking .9% (if you have over $100,000.

Of course, the $10 will be taxable income, and just enough for them to send out a 1099 to remind me to include it in income.

ProfessorEd said:   snork615 said:   WHEE! A whole 10 bucks for about a hour's worth of typing and verifying. Love those 16-digit account numbers to be entered and all the PO box #s and zip-codes. Just slightly better than the sub-minimum-wage reward checking account returns on your time. (I am retired, a finance person, and still don't want to be bothered.) Maybe CapOne will do better for us.

Actually it is fairly easy to set up bill pay. For well known firms (Discover, Ame) you type in the firm name, pick one from a short list, and then copy your credit card number (hopefully you have a list somewhere) or use a form filler such as Roboform. They state explicitly that multiple payments to the same firm are allowed.

This led me to look at a seldom used account and use the small sum in it to pay some bills, and keep the account from being forfeited to the state (along with my son's saving account there). I also noted they paid a respectble (for these days) rate of the savings (.8%) and a good rate on checking .9% (if you have over $100,000.

Of course, the $10 will be taxable income, and just enough for them to send out a 1099 to remind me to include it in income.

if you scored only $10 from ing this year, you are doing something wrong
what do you mean about them closing out the account? I also have a very small never used account there, with two kids savings accounts of more than $1000. Is there a risk that they may take that money because the electric orange adult account is unused?? dam! theres gunna be some pissed off grandmas if thats true.

centrifuge41 said:   Last fall, if you didn't actually get targeted, and you made 5 payments anyway, you were likely to have gotten $0.
Is this targeted this time or for every one?

OliverQuackenbush said:   ProfessorEd said:   snork615 said:   

This led me to look at a seldom used account and use the small sum in it to pay some bills, and keep the account from being forfeited to the state (along with my son's saving account there).

what do you mean about them closing out the account? I also have a very small never used account there, with two kids savings accounts of more than $1000. Is there a risk that they may take that money because the electric orange adult account is unused?? dam! theres gunna be some pissed off grandmas if thats true.

States differ in their laws, but in most states eventually unused accounts get defaulted. I believe it can be as short as 2 years (Texas, some years ago) but is usually longer. My wife "lost" $5.00 in a PenFed account (membership deposit) sent to the state of Md., but Md's web site shows no record of it. Usually these can be recovered from the state with some work (proving identity and ownership), but as in this case the process may fail.

Some banks warn you. I have had a letter from State Farm (small account kept open for free Turbo Tax)warning me, and saying signing the letter and returning it solves the problem.

IRA accounts are especially vulnerable because they are intended only for withdrawals on retirement, and one may set one up and then not make deposits for some reason. I almost got caught some years ago with a Texas IRA opened under a promotion, followed by no activity.

To be safe, I would make sure these children's accounts show some activity every so often, how often depends on the state. I just presumed that this activity protected the son's small account (joint with me as the parent), but I may be wrong, so if you find otherwise please post what you learned.

Online accounts with no mail are especially risky because in the event of death or incapacity their existence may be unknown to whoever ends up handling your affairs (traditionally, with mail accounts whoever is handling your affairs can discover the account from statements that come in). Thus, you child or spouse should know of these, and written records should be somewhere.

I remember boasting to neighbors I would be rich someday because at birth my grandmother had bought a saving bond that would someday pay $25. Year later, I remembered this and asked my father what happened, and he said it helped pay for my college. I suspect more than one grandmother's gifts have ended up going to the state through forgetfulness, etc.

Going to do this at work tomorrow. Hopefully it won't take me awhile. The $10 will go towards other deals.

Contacted ING:
The $10 Bill Pay promotion was extended to certain Customers via email invitation only.

kwg said:   Contacted ING:
The $10 Bill Pay promotion was extended to certain Customers via email invitation only.
I notice that my friend who recently opened an Electric Orange account and has never used billpay has a banner ad at the bottom of their account summary page inviting them to earn $10 by paying 5 bills. In that same place on my summary page, I have an ad inviting me to purchase a book of checks.

lastgaspjr said:    I notice that my friend who recently opened an Electric Orange account and has never used billpay has a banner ad at the bottom of their account summary page inviting them to earn $10 by paying 5 bills. In that same place on my summary page, I have an ad inviting me to purchase a book of checks.

A lot of banks will offer some sort of incentive to use their bill paying service if you never have. Most of them hire an outside company to process the cheques and send the transfers so they do not want to pay for it if no one is using it. They don't want to get rid of it either, so they offer a bonus if you use it in the hopes you will really like it and continue to use it.

lastgaspjr said:   In that same place on my summary page, I have an ad inviting me to purchase a book of checks.I had to disable Adblock Plus to see an ad. No mention of the billpay promo...

so are people doing this if even if they didn't receive an email invite?

I see the title and OP haven't changed so just making sure who is eligible.

I paid 5 bills, testing this out will report back if i get the bonus.. I wasnt targeted for this offer, just saw it on this site.

Heads up, my bonus just got posted.

12/07/2012 Cha-ching! Your bill pay bonus

Wasn't targeted, paid my bills on 10/03, no $10.

nothing here, existing customer, not targeted, paid (5) bills 10/01-10/31.

Last time I ever pay bills here unless I get a bonus.

Any one call customer service on this, to try to get bonus ?

Thanks, OP for posting but appears targeted only.

12/07/2012
Cha-ching! Your bill pay bonus

Thanks OP!

Odd...

I got notice last week that ING is not sending me a 1099-INT form this tax year. For 2011, the $10 bill pay bonus was considered interest earned.

Anyone else experiencing the same? What's the possibility of CrapitalOne booking the $10 bonus as something other then interest (I can't imagine what...)

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014