Annual Credit Report problem

Archived From: Finance
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I got my free annual credit report (via annualcreditreport.com) from Transunion today. However, my browser crashed while trying to print it and now I can't figure out how to view it again. I have the "File Number" from the top of it. Since it is Saturday, TU customer service is closed. Does anybody know how I can view it again? TIA!

Member Summary
  • Also categorized in:

You can try the TU backdoor that lets you get your credit report as often as you want.

* Go to https://disclosure.transunion.com/dc/disclosure/disclosure.jsp
* Choose "You are experiencing one of the circumstances below" and then choose "Identity Fraud"
* Login to your TU account and go through the prompts without buying any of the add-ons

You're only supposed to use this if you have reason to believe that you've been a victim of identity theft, but with how rampant ID theft is these days I think people always have reason to believe they've been a victim of it I use this to check my report with them every month and have done so for years and they've never cared.

http://www.creditkarma.com/
is also always free.

Thanks jason745, but I am familiar with (and I regularly check) Credit Karma, however it is only an overview. I'd like to review my entire report in detail.

J3anyus - thanks, I've bookmarked the link, but really just want to view the free one that I pulled "legally" before my browser crashed.

If nobody knows how to get back into the one I pulled before I can call TU this week, I'll post the results of my call. If I get nowhere with them, then I just might be a victim of identity theft.

Maybe try: https://review.transunion.com/
It asks for a file number there. Since I don't believe using the annualcreditreport.com site gives a password, try using the forgot password function.

I finally found time to call during their business hours. There is no way for me to access the report again, even with the file number. However, they said they would mail it out. The main customer service number wasn't able to complete the request. They had me call the fraud department. Apparently, I've been the victim of fraud in the past and I didn't even know it. So, J3anyus, I could have used your method guilt-free!

Thanks for everyone's suggestions.

downhillskier said:   I finally found time to call during their business hours. There is no way for me to access the report again, even with the file number. However, they said they would mail it out. The main customer service number wasn't able to complete the request. They had me call the fraud department. Apparently, I've been the victim of fraud in the past and I didn't even know it. So, J3anyus, I could have used your method guilt-free!

Did they give you details on how and what happened with the fraud, and how it was fixed?

TrueValue said:   downhillskier said:   I finally found time to call during their business hours. There is no way for me to access the report again, even with the file number. However, they said they would mail it out. The main customer service number wasn't able to complete the request. They had me call the fraud department. Apparently, I've been the victim of fraud in the past and I didn't even know it. So, J3anyus, I could have used your method guilt-free!

Did they give you details on how and what happened with the fraud, and how it was fixed?

All they were able to tell me was that it was a Citibank "bank account" in 2009. I've only had credit cards with Citibank, so I'm assuming it was one of the many times that Citi pulled the "card compromised, sending new card" routine. They seem to do this anytime a card isn't used for an extended length of time.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014