• 126272829 30
  • Page
  • Text Only
I have a bluebird card and have read through the forums and bluebird topics. Yes even the frequentflyer thread on manufactured spending. How do you guys cash out at WalMart with bb? Second I want in on the bluebird manufactured spending, especially since a lot of topics in the forum revolve around bb and manufactured spending. I just need some clarification as to how to do this.

messi85 said:   I have a bluebird card and have read through the forums and bluebird topics. Yes even the frequentflyer thread on manufactured spending. How do you guys cash out at WalMart with bb? Second I want in on the bluebird manufactured spending, especially since a lot of topics in the forum revolve around bb and manufactured spending. I just need some clarification as to how to do this.
  I will PM you.

However, this thread gives a lot of information.
ShakuniMama said:   
caterpillar123 said:   Is there a FAQ anywhere to explain how to use BB for MS? Do I just reload a BB with Ice Cream? I don't want to screw it up.
  Here you go

Tried to pay my rent with a BB check this month figured might as well get some money out that way instead of checks back and forth between me and wife. It's turned into a complete clusterfark. The more I use this service the more I think it was specifically designed to destroy poor people. I mean, the VRs occasionally not working, the checks not working, etc., these are pretty serious issues if you are BB's Target demographic.

corporateclaw said:   Tried to pay my rent with a BB check this month figured might as well get some money out that way instead of checks back and forth between me and wife. It's turned into a complete clusterfark. The more I use this service the more I think it was specifically designed to destroy poor people. I mean, the VRs occasionally not working, the checks not working, etc., these are pretty serious issues if you are BB's Target demographic.
  What was the problem you had with teh checks?  Sorry that you had issues with VR.  I never have had any luckily.

cdancer20 said:   
corporateclaw said:   Tried to pay my rent with a BB check this month figured might as well get some money out that way instead of checks back and forth between me and wife. It's turned into a complete clusterfark. The more I use this service the more I think it was specifically designed to destroy poor people. I mean, the VRs occasionally not working, the checks not working, etc., these are pretty serious issues if you are BB's Target demographic.
  What was the problem you had with teh checks?  Sorry that you had issues with VR.  I never have had any luckily.

Went over this morning to see. They have some sort of check scanning hardware that I'm not sure where it came from, but they scan the checks and I guess electronically deposit them based on the routing/account number. They did this on the 3/26 (I paid early figuring there might be an issue) and this mroning they received it returned in their system and showed me the error - it just says "account not found" I'm not sure what that means.  I asked them if they could just deposit it at the bank and then we could do something else next month.

I deposited a bunch of these checks in my banks ATM last month to test it out and they all worked fine, so I'm not sure what the issue is.

corporateclaw said:   
cdancer20 said:   

Went over this morning to see. They have some sort of check scanning hardware that I'm not sure where it came from, but they scan the checks and I guess electronically deposit them based on the routing/account number. They did this on the 3/26 (I paid early figuring there might be an issue) and this mroning they received it returned in their system and showed me the error - it just says "account not found" I'm not sure what that means.  I asked them if they could just deposit it at the bank and then we could do something else next month.

I deposited a bunch of these checks in my banks ATM last month to test it out and they all worked fine, so I'm not sure what the issue is.

My guess is that they took the routing/acct number and tried to ACH pull the money rather than just depositing it.  Bluebird does not allow ACH pulls.

corporateclaw said:   
cdancer20 said:   

Did you "pre authorize" the check (or whatever BB calls it on their website)?  That could be the problem if you didn't.  
If you did, then what cdancer said. 

NEDeals said:   
corporateclaw said:   
cdancer20 said:   

Did you "pre authorize" the check (or whatever BB calls it on their website)?  That could be the problem if you didn't.  
If you did, then what cdancer said. 

Yes to Pre-Auth the check, it's probably what cdancer said then. I will ask tonight when I'm home, but I presume that the people working there don't know what the software does. I'll see though, just to confirm what is going on.

cdancer20 said:   
mojoshtudd said:   Sure - I was just giving one way to work the BB/VR to maximize gains/effort.
CVS lets you buy $5k per day. You could obviously spread it out.
I thought loading online gave a limit of $1000 a month, not the $5k.

True.  Buying them all at once saves trips to CVS.  A lot of people prefer this method.  

The CVS stores near me all limit to $1k per purchase per day.

Will be $0/day with a CC soon, if not already.

Sorry if this has already been asked-

Has anyone tried to load at wally kiosk using a different prepaid?

corporateclaw said:   Tried to pay my rent with a BB check this month figured might as well get some money out that way instead of checks back and forth between me and wife.

Why are you writing checks?

While I think that paying off your credit cards is the best way to get money out of Bluebird, if you really want to pay somebody with a check, set them up as a bill pay.

redcxe said:   Sorry if this has already been asked-

Has anyone tried to load at wally kiosk using a different prepaid?

Yes

I was thinking of trying the check option for rent this month, I got a batch for free. After seeing Corporateclaw's experience, I think I will just stick to paying CC's on bill pay, those have been flawless.

The game is over now? No CC for ice cream any more in all my CVS stores. Corporate policy they say.

tomprc said:   The game is over now? No CC for ice cream any more in all my CVS stores. cooperate policy they say.

Cooperate with whom?

laurg said:   
tomprc said:   The game is over now? No CC for ice cream any more in all my CVS stores. cooperate policy they say.

Cooperate with whom?

Carey Chaney of course

tomprc said:   The game is over now? No CC for ice cream any more in all my CVS stores. Corporate policy they say.

If you don't have or won't enter a WalMart, then yes. 

Anyone know if the kiosks recognize WM shop cards in any capacity whatsoever ? Perhaps under the WM MoneyCard section ?

If it was a few weeks back or more I would experiment with it myself after a load, but every time I've gone to WM over the past couple of weeks the kiosk has been up and working, even on Mondays. It's like some alternate reality. I don't want to experiment and be the one to crash it now.

You can load shop cards at the self service registers. Don't have experience. Just noticed it as an option when getting something yesterday

Of course, that's SOP.

I'm curious whether the kiosks recognize shop cards for off-load, to anything or for anything, instead of regular spend.

Is Bill Pay not letting anyone pay Credit Card,ect. on Bluebird site?
It shows my accts but no way to select them and have the pay page appear.

castaline said:   Is Bill Pay not letting anyone pay Credit Card,ect. on Bluebird site?
It shows my accts but no way to select them and have the pay page appear.

Are you using Chrome? If so, you have to play around a little.

vagrants... thanks pal.

I went to a regular register at wm to load cash onto my bb. I hand my card to the cashier and tell her to load $ xx.xx. she tells me she cant, I have to go to a regular cashier. Im thinking to myself. ..ummm what are you??

CS did it for me.

scottvm said:   I went to a regular register at wm to load cash onto my bb. I hand my card to the cashier and tell her to load $ xx.xx. she tells me she cant, I have to go to a regular cashier. Im thinking to myself. ..ummm what are you??

CS did it for me.
Blasphemy!

Different stores have different policy. I have had one CVS allow it but others disallow. So when you find a working drug store, cherish it like your soul mate.

Edit: Did anyone have problems loading MasterCard GC into BB lately? I have done it before frequently but failed twice yesterday. Ended up wasting 20 minutes of a lot of people's time and locking up the register twice...

For those of you having trouble with Vanilla Visa cards, this Flyertalk thread should be helpful:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1581146-mo-...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014