• filter:
  • 123 4 530
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
imbatman said:   ^^, you bought Vanilla reloads at WalMart.com?
because when I search for them, the closest result is "Vanilla float" making machine.

I would like to believe you-but I don't-not the vanilla float, the reload with WalMart gift cards

rated:
Just went to Walgreens to pick up a few Vanilla reloads. A "team lead" was standing next the cashier and didn't allow buying more than one. She quoted a corporate policy of "$500 max in gift cards per customer every 24 hours". I insisted she showed me the policy and she in fact produced some print out after spending 5 minutes in the back. Has anybody had this experience? Is it a "new normal"?

rated:
My local Walgreens will only allow a $100 charge to credit cards for VR.

rated:
It almost seems like every store invents their own policy. The "team lead" I was arguing with started with calling it a law. A law, really? But I guess I won't call the corporate so I don't attract anybody's attention that I can still buy reloads on a credit card, $500 at a time..

rated:
Yoksel said:   It almost seems like every store invents their own policy. The "team lead" I was arguing with started with calling it a law. A law, really? But I guess I won't call the corporate so I don't attract anybody's attention that I can still buy reloads on a credit card, $500 at a time..

they are trained and told it is a law to prevent money laundering. not sure why you would stand there and make a scene.

rated:
swintec said:   Yoksel said:   It almost seems like every store invents their own policy. The "team lead" I was arguing with started with calling it a law. A law, really? But I guess I won't call the corporate so I don't attract anybody's attention that I can still buy reloads on a credit card, $500 at a time..
they are trained and told it is a law to prevent money laundering. not sure why you would stand there and make a scene.

Because I'm used to stand up for myself. If something worked in one way and now has changed to the worse, I won't simply take it, I'll question it.
It is off-topic but just as an example. Went to Rite Aid a couple of months ago to receive money sent by Western Union. They requested driver's license number, address, passport number, social security, occupation. Totally ridiculous so I refused to give all this information and questioned it. They told me it's a law, quoted the Patriot Act and told me Western Union requires this information. Left Rite Aid, looked up places nearby that deal with Western Union and found a bank across the street. My name, ID and the sender's name was enough to get the money. At a bank where I'm sure they have way more regulations than Rite Aid does. I just hate when companies invent stupid rules but it's their right. Covering this up by laws is not.

rated:
Yoksel said:   swintec said:   Yoksel said:   It almost seems like every store invents their own policy. The "team lead" I was arguing with started with calling it a law. A law, really? But I guess I won't call the corporate so I don't attract anybody's attention that I can still buy reloads on a credit card, $500 at a time..
they are trained and told it is a law to prevent money laundering. not sure why you would stand there and make a scene.

Because I'm used to stand up for myself. If something worked in one way and now has changed to the worse, I won't simply take it, I'll question it.
It is off-topic but just as an example. Went to Rite Aid a couple of months ago to receive money sent by Western Union. They requested driver's license number, address, passport number, social security, occupation. Totally ridiculous so I refused to give all this information and questioned it. They told me it's a law, quoted the Patriot Act and told me Western Union requires this information. Left Rite Aid, looked up places nearby that deal with Western Union and found a bank across the street. My name, ID and the sender's name was enough to get the money. At a bank where I'm sure they have way more regulations than Rite Aid does. I just hate when companies invent stupid rules but it's their right. Covering this up by laws is not.

I lost my mind the other day and told them I was tired of being treated like a criminal lol

rated:
Good thing you didn't go on a shooting rampage

rated:
too soon SiS

rated:
imbatman said:   ^^, you bought Vanilla reloads at WalMart.com?
because when I search for them, the closest result is "Vanilla float" making machine.
Yes. I bought 3 VISA & 2 MASTERCARD $200 GIFT CARDS from WalMart.com (not the store) and they were branded VANILLA. I used WalMart gift cards to purchase them. Just search for VISA GIFT card not "VANILLA" ... duhhhh This was about 2 months ago when I used $1000 worth of points from 2 credit card rewards. I just looked and they are still there with "VANILLA" clearly marked on the photo of the card: http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?search_query=visa+gif...

rated:
MisterEd said:   imbatman said:   ^^, you bought Vanilla reloads at WalMart.com?
because when I search for them, the closest result is "Vanilla float" making machine.
Yes. I bought 3 VISA & 2 MASTERCARD $200 GIFT CARDS from WalMart.com (not the store) and they were branded VANILLA. I used WalMart gift cards to purchase them. Just search for VISA GIFT card not "VANILLA" ... duhhhh This was about 2 months ago when I used $1000 worth of points from 2 credit card rewards. I just looked and they are still there with "VANILLA" clearly marked on the photo of the card: http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?search_query=visa+gif...



Those are not vanilla reloads. Vanilla reload cards are not branded with VISA or MC
you purchased Vanila Visa Giftcards.
That is not the intent. People are specifically looking for vanilla reload cards.
https://www.vanillareload.com/
clearly marked vanilla RELOAD.

rated:
My bad ... see next message ....

rated:
imbatman said:   MisterEd said:   imbatman said:   ^^, you bought Vanilla reloads at WalMart.com?
because when I search for them, the closest result is "Vanilla float" making machine.
Yes. I bought 3 VISA & 2 MASTERCARD $200 GIFT CARDS from WalMart.com (not the store) and they were branded VANILLA. I used WalMart gift cards to purchase them. Just search for VISA GIFT card not "VANILLA" ... duhhhh This was about 2 months ago when I used $1000 worth of points from 2 credit card rewards. I just looked and they are still there with "VANILLA" clearly marked on the photo of the card: http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?search_query=visa+gif...



Those are not vanilla reloads. Vanilla reload cards are not branded with VISA or MC
you purchased Vanila Visa Giftcards.
That is not the intent. People are specifically looking for vanilla reload cards.
https://www.vanillareload.com/
clearly marked vanilla RELOAD.


Ahhhhhh sooooooo ..... sorry about that. Never even thought that there was a difference.

rated:
Yoksel said:   Just went to Walgreens to pick up a few Vanilla reloads. A "team lead" was standing next the cashier and didn't allow buying more than one. She quoted a corporate policy of "$500 max in gift cards per customer every 24 hours". I insisted she showed me the policy and she in fact produced some print out after spending 5 minutes in the back. Has anybody had this experience? Is it a "new normal"?Really, you argued? Employees are the biggest obstacle to success, and I'm sure you made alot of friends at that store with your insisting how they don't now how to do their job (and actually being wrong, to boot). Alot of these employees are also living paycheck-to-paycheck, you can't blame them for naturally being cautious with policies rather than risk violating them and getting fired.

And of course, remember the broad policy (prompted by law, not company directive) with these quasi-cash transactions - if the employee doesn't feel comfortable with the sale (under the guise of being 'suspicious'), they should simply not complete the sale.... You are in no way entitled to be able to buy anything.

rated:
Yoksel said:   swintec said:   Yoksel said:   It almost seems like every store invents their own policy. The "team lead" I was arguing with started with calling it a law. A law, really? But I guess I won't call the corporate so I don't attract anybody's attention that I can still buy reloads on a credit card, $500 at a time..
they are trained and told it is a law to prevent money laundering. not sure why you would stand there and make a scene.

Because I'm used to stand up for myself. If something worked in one way and now has changed to the worse, I won't simply take it, I'll question it.
It is off-topic but just as an example. Went to Rite Aid a couple of months ago to receive money sent by Western Union. They requested driver's license number, address, passport number, social security, occupation. Totally ridiculous so I refused to give all this information and questioned it. They told me it's a law, quoted the Patriot Act and told me Western Union requires this information. Left Rite Aid, looked up places nearby that deal with Western Union and found a bank across the street. My name, ID and the sender's name was enough to get the money. At a bank where I'm sure they have way more regulations than Rite Aid does. I just hate when companies invent stupid rules but it's their right. Covering this up by laws is not.
you do realize the law sets rather subjective minimum standards the store must comply with. But it's up to their discretion to decide what is necessary to comply (and they can go beyond that if they want). And you should know by now that company policy is "the law" within that company - Dont be so dang literal in trying to differentiate the two legally, the employee's job depends on following the rules regardless of who sets them...

rated:
SUCKISSTAPLES said:   Good thing you didn't go on a shooting rampage

SIS you would fit in here NSFW r/ImGoingToHellForThis

rated:
Data points, no V R-loads to be had here at a central Florida Wahl-Mrt, Wahlgrenes shot me down to pay for a VR w CC.

UPDATE: 3-3 Wahlgreens shooting me down.

rated:
Deleted.

rated:
There is some kind of issue that seems to be cropping up online with cards from various places (maybe just CVS?) showing as activated on the receipt, but coming up with a 4002 error saying they are deactivated when you try and load them. I'm not entirely sure this deal is worth it, if working flawlessly, but since I now have one of these error cards, I'm sure that the 8-10 hours of phonecalls I'm going to have to make with people pointing fingers back and forth about where my money is will kill any value this deal had. So, beware I guess.

rated:
I've gotten an error 4002 before. There was an issue with the internal hardware (servers were down). Worked fine after waiting 6 hours or so.
I'm not saying that my instance of the error is the cause for all 4002 error message.

rated:
In case it helps anyone, the CVS near me now lets you buy gift cards including VR at the self checkout. It does require an associate to scan their card - I think once per card plus once per transaction when you pay. They are running low on VR though...

rated:
imbatman said:   I've gotten an error 4002 before. There was an issue with the internal hardware (servers were down). Worked fine after waiting 6 hours or so.
I'm not saying that my instance of the error is the cause for all 4002 error message.


Thanks for the head's up (I didn't mess with it last night, but tested it again this morning and it worked). There are definitely some people if you google it claiming that fixing it took a lot of calling various places. I'm glad it worked out, but I guess that's another layer of intrigue to consider.

For what it's worth, all the wags I've been to have some message that pops up when you scan them saying that they can only be paid for with cash.

rated:
I have found that calling in doesn't do much. CS has no idea how things work. The first time I got the error message I called and got transferred around. Finally the 4th or 5th person said there was an issue with the server and to try back later.
I don't bother calling anymore with questions.

rated:
JeebusSaves said:   In case it helps anyone, the CVS near me now lets you buy gift cards including VR at the self checkout. It does require an associate to scan their card - I think once per card plus once per transaction when you pay. They are running low on VR though...

Same experience at my So Cal CVS. Except that they were restocked on VR; probably 30 on the hooks.

rated:
Tried to open an account and was denied; reason being "currently an account holder with AMEX Serve."

Anyone ran into the same and how to go about it?

rated:
fattywallace said:   ..reason being "currently an account holder with AMEX Serve."

Anyone ran into the same and how to go about it?


I'm going to go out on a limb and say close your serve account.

rated:
Thanks, although no need for red..

rated:
Any datapoints on how long it takes for the Serve msg to go away after closing the account?

rated:
Took me around 13 seconds for the message to go away.

rated:
As soon as I was done on the Serve web site I was able to apply for Bluebird.

rated:
Odd... been over a day and it still gives me the error.

rated:
I called Serve and they told me I needed to sign up for Bluebird with the exact same address, email address and phone number as I used when signing up for Serve.

rated:
can you load BlueBird and then buy MO's?

rated:
Folks, how are you utilizing anything above the VR deposit limit of $5000/month? Create 2nd account under family member? I'm trying to think of ways to fully utilize my CC limit. I'm actually going to use Bluebird as intended to make mortgage payments, utility bills, among others. Thanks.

rated:
hm, i guess i missed this. seems like the discover current card all over again. i wonder if they hired fernando.

rated:
lol....I remember the good old days of Fernando but that was with DISCOVER instead.

rated:
Does ACH in from any bank count as DD?

rated:
Tried to pay a bill using the biller's billpay for a little north of $1,000 using BB as the routing & account. Sure enough BB "rejected" it. Mothers. O well. Live & learn. YMMV. Next time I'll be using the BB billpay. That's what I get for waiting til the last minute.

rated:
I picked up MyVanilla Personal Reloadable Prepaid Card at my local CVS store today(as shown in attached photo.)
It looks different than the Vanilla Reload card I see in earlier photos.

1. Can anyone confirm this is indeed the Vanilla Reload card that everyone was talking about (to reload to Bluebird card)?
2. The instruction asks me to register the card at www.myvanilladebitcard.com.
Should I do that now?

Still waiting for my Bluebird card to arrive so don't know if it will work.

Thanks in advance.

rated:
this isnt the vanilla reload card.. this is a prepaid card..

  • Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply
     
    Click here for full-featured reply.


Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014