• filter:
  • 14 5 67830
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
CokeSlurpee711 said:   Tried to pay a bill using the biller's billpay for a little north of $1,000 using BB as the routing & account. Sure enough BB "rejected" it. Mothers. O well. Live & learn. YMMV. Next time I'll be using the BB billpay. That's what I get for waiting til the last minute.

have you tried to pay the bill thru bluebird's bill pay?

rated:
snova, what you purchased is another prepaid card (like BlueBird) that you can load *with* Vanilla Reloads, but no it wasn't intended to load a Bluebird.

rated:
Thanks, Indohottie & dl73.
My mistake then. (That is the only card that is remotely look like the Vanilla Reload that I saw in the photo, and it has the Vanilla Reload Network log on the package).

I guess I need to somehow use it.

Do you know I can cash it out somehow? What is the best way? Via Amz Payment?
It says ATM Fee ($1.95), Transaction Fee $.50. Not a bit deal to cash out $500.
Thanks again.

rated:
snova said:   Thanks, Indohottie & dl73.
My mistake then. (That is the only card that is remotely look like the Vanilla Reload that I saw in the photo, and it has the Vanilla Reload Network log on the package).

I guess I need to somehow use it.

Do you know I can cash it out somehow? What is the best way? Via Amz Payment?
It says ATM Fee ($1.95), Transaction Fee $.50. Not a bit deal to cash out $500.
Thanks again.

Well, technically you can still use it to load your Bluebird via the debit card method. Otherwise cash advance or buy a money order at WalMart for 70 cents.

rated:
dl73 said:   
Well, technically you can still use it to load your Bluebird via the debit card method. Otherwise cash advance or buy a money order at WalMart for 70 cents.

OK,I will wait for my Bluebird card to arrive next week to decide. Thanks again.

rated:
snova said:   dl73 said:   

OK,I will wait for my Bluebird card to arrive next week to decide. Thanks again.

if you want to load as debit, you need to register your myvanilla in order to get a PIN.

rated:
Thanks batman.

Just found out this Vanilla Reloadable Debit Card is not a good card to have. It is loaded with fees.
(www.myvanilladebitcard.com/myvanilla/fees.html)
Like you said, I need to register myvanilla first (and provide many personal info, SSN, etc.).
Then the max daily withdraw is $400. So I have to make 2 transactions to drain $500.
The cheapest I can find is what dl73 suggested, WalMart money order. ($0.5+$0.7) per transaction.
So not only I need to do 2 transactions and out of pocket of $1.2*2 add'l fees, I also need to be careful not to over draft it. Sigh! A lesson learned.

imbatman said:   snova said:   dl73 said:   

if you want to load as debit, you need to register your myvanilla in order to get a PIN.

rated:
BTW, FYR, from Bluebird website:
There's a $2 fee to deposit money to your Bluebird Account from a debit card.

rated:
snova said:   BTW, FYR, from Bluebird website:
There's a $2 fee to deposit money to your Bluebird Account from a debit card.

Online. It is free in store.

rated:
I might be late to the party, but I finally jumped in. Got my first VR card at CVS today.

Instead of just churning points, I'm trying to cash out some money on 0% CC offer on my Citi Forward card. If I'm lucky, B&N might have some Visa/MC/AMEX GCs to buy to get the 5% CashBack. Has anyone been successful using a gift card to buy these at CVS? The store signs say cash/CC only.

Secondly, what are people doing to get cash out of BB? BP to self?

Appreciate anyone willing to lend a spoon. PM me please if concerned about posting publically.

rated:
Segarob. Look into B&N campus edition AMEX prepaid card. If you want to load with citi forward.

rated:
SegaRob said:   I might be late to the party, but I finally jumped in. Got my first VR card at CVS today.

Instead of just churning points, I'm trying to cash out some money on 0% CC offer on my Citi Forward card. If I'm lucky, B&N might have some Visa/MC/AMEX GCs to buy to get the 5% CashBack. Has anyone been successful using a gift card to buy these at CVS? The store signs say cash/CC only.

Appreciate anyone willing to lend a spoon. PM me please if concerned about posting publically.

I'm actually combining the two. One of my CC sends me checks for BT @ 0% for fee of $5 or 1% of transaction. I plan to use the check to pay off the another while I churn. This way I don't have to touch "my money".

rated:
snova said:   Thanks batman.

Just found out this Vanilla Reloadable Debit Card is not a good card to have. It is loaded with fees.
(www.myvanilladebitcard.com/myvanilla/fees.html)
Like you said, I need to register myvanilla first (and provide many personal info, SSN, etc.).
Then the max daily withdraw is $400. So I have to make 2 transactions to drain $500.
The cheapest I can find is what dl73 suggested, WalMart money order. ($0.5+$0.7) per transaction.
So not only I need to do 2 transactions and out of pocket of $1.2*2 add'l fees, I also need to be careful not to over draft it. Sigh! A lesson learned.

imbatman said:   snova said:   dl73 said:   

I picked up a couple of the MyVanillas the other day, too. From what I've seen so far, no transaction fee is charged for online purchases. I don't have the card terms in front of me but IIRC, they specify fees for swipe and PIN transactions, and online purchases are neither, so AP or other online method might be your best bet.

I have not tried an online transaction greater than $400 yet, though, so don't know if that's enforced or not.

rated:
SegaRob said:   I might be late to the party, but I finally jumped in. Got my first VR card at CVS today.

When I scan the VR at the self checkout at CVS, it says you can't use a CVS GC to pay for it. I have successfully used a V/MC GC to pay for part of a VR card - the associate didn't seem to care. It gets processed as credit anyway. YMMV in case associates who have more/less training than at that store do things differently. At one store they asked for ID and swiped the card for me (even at self checkout); at another store they didn't ask for ID and didn't much care how I paid for it (both at and not at self checkout). If they ask for ID they might shoot you down for a GC that doesn't have your name on it.

And to get cash out, it's pretty easy to do with even legit BPs - rent, mortgage, CC bills, etc. It's impossible/expensive to pay those with CCs to earn CB.

rated:
JeebusSaves said:   SegaRob said:   I might be late to the party, but I finally jumped in. Got my first VR card at CVS today.

When I scan the VR at the self checkout at CVS, it says you can't use a CVS GC to pay for it. I have successfully used a V/MC GC to pay for part of a VR card - the associate didn't seem to care. It gets processed as credit anyway. YMMV in case associates who have more/less training than at that store do things differently. At one store they asked for ID and swiped the card for me (even at self checkout); at another store they didn't ask for ID and didn't much care how I paid for it (both at and not at self checkout). If they ask for ID they might shoot you down for a GC that doesn't have your name on it.

And to get cash out, it's pretty easy to do with even legit BPs - rent, mortgage, CC bills, etc. It's impossible/expensive to pay those with CCs to earn CB.

Deleted since I realized how irrelevant my comment was!

rated:
not that easy when you're trying to BT out cash instead of just churn.

rated:
How do you change your Bluebird password?
----

nvm: I found it. It's under My Account at the top right, then Settings.

rated:
SegaRob said:   not that easy when you're trying to BT out cash instead of just churn.

I don't know why you want to BT in to BB. I'm assuming BT-in isn't a large amount, then do you have a DD? Use ATM. Do you have a friend? Send him/her a check! I think these are easy enough. Never tried to send money from the BB to a checking account of my own in other institutions, so don't know if doing this will get one in trouble or even possible.

rated:
Can anyone tell me if I can link an Amazon Payment account to Bluebird. Move money from Amazon Payments to Blueird. Is it the same as setting up a checking account.(test deposits) Thanks in advance!

rated:
Some people have posted on having both, Serve and BB accounts. Is that on the same serve.com email address or can we use different ones ? I am waiting for $25 to post on my serve.com account from a promo so do not want to cancel that one yet. Also, I assume I can fund BB via CCs. I have not signed up for a BB account, but getting ready. Thanks.

rated:
Hhoudini said:   Can anyone tell me if I can link an Amazon Payment account to Bluebird. Move money from Amazon Payments to Blueird. Is it the same as setting up a checking account.(test deposits) Thanks in advance!

Yes

rated:
Some people are posting in other travel sites that they lock your BB account immediately you load some money and you have to fax your social security card. Unlocking takes a long time on the phone. Anybody here with similar experience ?

rated:
sunrise said:   Some people are posting in other travel sites that they lock your BB account immediately you load some money and you have to fax your social security card. Unlocking takes a long time on the phone. Anybody here with similar experience ?

are you surprised by this? every travel blogger (and i use that term very loosely) out there is pimping this card along with a slew of others. I predict this is stage 1 of mass shut downs. Yet another avenue the mileage whores have destroyed.

rated:
I think BB is pretty much dead already due to either impossibility or extreme difficulty of loading it via any money/points generating method. Every Walgreens I stopped by now has a bunch of the reload cards on the shelves but they won't sell more than once and even then only for cash.

rated:
Yoksel said:   I think BB is pretty much dead already due to either impossibility or extreme difficulty of loading it via any money/points generating method. Every Walgreens I stopped by now has a bunch of the reload cards on the shelves but they won't sell more than once and even then only for cash.

For my purpose, it works beautifully at the moment:

AMEX BCP -> Vanilla Ice Cream -> AP -> BB or others -> ??
GFed AMEX w cap -> Vanilla Ice Cream or Super Vanilla Ice Cream @ C*% -> AP or BB -> ??
Chase F -> Super Vanilla Ice Cream @ C*% -> BB -> ??
Citi D -> Super Vanilla Ice Cream @ C*% -> BB -> ??

I think BB has a little more potential if my idea works. I don't have everything to test the idea...but I should be ready in a week or so.

rated:
I might have missed some latest changes - what are Vanilla Ice Cream and Super Vanilla Ice Cream?

rated:
Yoksel said:   I might have missed some latest changes - what are Vanilla Ice Cream and Super Vanilla Ice Cream?

Super Vanilla is what you want.
plain ol vanilla is just that. plain ol vanilla, not nearly as good as super vanilla.
Also costs like a dollar more.

rated:
imbatman said:   Yoksel said:   I might have missed some latest changes - what are Vanilla Ice Cream and Super Vanilla Ice Cream?

plain ol vanilla is just that. plain ol vanilla, not nearly as good as super vanilla.

I googled it and all links led to the standard Vanilla Gift Card. Those can still be purchased at OD with 5% CB. But how can these be loaded onto BB? $100/day with $2 fee is clearly not a great option.

rated:
Yoksel said:   imbatman said:   Yoksel said:   I might have missed some latest changes - what are Vanilla Ice Cream and Super Vanilla Ice Cream?

I googled it and all links led to the standard Vanilla Gift Card. Those can still be purchased at OD with 5% CB. But how can these be loaded onto BB? $100/day with $2 fee is clearly not a great option.

umm by doing what vangrants suggested
AMEX BCP to Vanilla Ice Cream to AP to BB or
GFed AMEX w cap to Vanilla Ice Cream or Super Vanilla Ice Cream @ C*% to AP or BB

Though, now that I look at that. What's GFed AMEX?

super vanilla = VR

rated:
I think I'm lost in acronyms. If VR is the standard Vanilla Reload sold for $3.95, my original point was that they're almost impossible to buy on credit cards anymore.

rated:
vagrants said:   Yoksel said:   I think BB is pretty much dead already due to either impossibility or extreme difficulty of loading it via any money/points generating method. Every Walgreens I stopped by now has a bunch of the reload cards on the shelves but they won't sell more than once and even then only for cash.

For my purpose, it works beautifully at the moment:

AMEX BCP -> Vanilla Ice Cream -> AP -> BB or others -> ??
GFed AMEX w cap -> Vanilla Ice Cream or Super Vanilla Ice Cream @ C*% -> AP or BB -> ??
Chase F -> Super Vanilla Ice Cream @ C*% -> BB -> ??
Citi D -> Super Vanilla Ice Cream @ C*% -> BB -> ??

I think BB has a little more potential if my idea works. I don't have everything to test the idea...but I should be ready in a week or so.

Yeah, well, come back then after u walk the walk.

rated:
imbatman said:   

GFed AMEX w cap to Vanilla Ice Cream or Super Vanilla Ice Cream @ C*% to AP or BB

Though, now that I look at that. What's GFed AMEX?

Thank you for translating. Until the AMEX Blue -> BCP conversion, I never took advantage of CBs. I bought what I needed and got CBs. Now that I'm really running operations, I wanted to be cryptic somewhat (Yeah, Chase & Citi are given away).

GFed = grandfathered...the $6500/yr cap before the 5% one.

Yoksel said:   I think I'm lost in acronyms. If VR is the standard Vanilla Reload sold for $3.95, my original point was that they're almost impossible to buy on credit cards anymore.

All I'm saying sucks to live where you are in terms of getting the VRs. I've been to 7 or 8 locations of W within 20 miles, none of them took CC to purchase VRs. They all said Cash Only. But, I got at least 2 locations of C*$ stores near me that let me buy VRs with CC.

rated:
Right, got it finally. I thought there was some other way to load BB but apparently not. Of course, the only trouble is to buy VRs on CCs. Once you have them, loading BB is the next direct step. Not sure why you need AP though, unless you need higher limit than what you can reach with VR. I don't have C*$ stores in my area and apparently WG employees have recently been retrained on their GC policy. I'll keep BB in the drawer and try to get more VRs when I'm out on the business trips.

rated:
yea, you can skip AP. Use it for other things.

rated:
imbatman said:   yea, you can skip AP. Use it for other things.

Well, at times, yes for the BCP -> GC -> AP -> BB. I usually don't have much use for the GC other than paying cable & cell. But, it is a must for the GFed AMEX. I'm not gonna spend $1k/month @ C*$ to meet the $6500 cap.

I started this GC/VR hacks 'cause I wanted to pay utilities/mortgages with CBs. Yeah, get US Bank Cash+ I know. In time, I will. I need sometime for the INQs to go away. I'm building the GFed AMEX min req in case I get denied for the Cash+. If I get the Cash+, I'll cease...I should case...the operations. Hehehe, I might become a greedy whore by then...I really was uncomfortable of charging $500 on a single transaction the first time, but now I got used to it.

rated:
Nothing in that lead me to believe that you need to use the ap to bb step.

rated:
imbatman said:   Nothing in that lead me to believe that you need to use the ap to bb step.

OK, so I use about $200 on cable/cell bills from the GC per month. What will I do with the rest of $300? Do you want me to overpay the cable/cell? I really don't have much else spending in a month usually. I can use $300 as a part of paying mortgage or CCs or whatever bills are if I transfer $300 from GC to AP to BB. For me, a balance in VISA/MC/AMEX GCs is not that useful. If I spend a lot, yes, but I don't.

Edit: And, I'm not rich. I don't have lots of cash to burn for prepaying anybody for a couple of month. I don't want lots of balances on my credit reports since I'm gonna ask CLI on the GFed AMEX soon (CL is < $5k). And, I'm gonna open US Bank checking to get 0.25% more CBs once I get the Cash+ soon so that they may soft pull me to give me a pre-approved Cash+ offer. So, I'd like my reports clean at all times.

rated:
Start small and work out the kinks first. Work on one strategy and slowly add to your arsenal.

rated:
vagrants said:   imbatman said:   Nothing in that lead me to believe that you need to use the ap to bb step.

OK, so I use about $200 on cable/cell bills from the GC per month. What will I do with the rest of $300? Do you want me to overpay the cable/cell? I really don't have much else spending in a month usually. I can use $300 as a part of paying mortgage or CCs or whatever bills are if I transfer $300 from GC to AP to BB. For me, a balance in VISA/MC/AMEX GCs is not that useful. If I spend a lot, yes, but I don't.

Edit: And, I'm not rich. I don't have lots of cash to burn for prepaying anybody for a couple of month. I don't want lots of balances on my credit reports since I'm gonna ask CLI on the GFed AMEX soon (CL is < $5k). And, I'm gonna open US Bank checking to get 0.25% more CBs once I get the Cash+ soon so that they may soft pull me to give me a pre-approved Cash+ offer. So, I'd like my reports clean at all times.

I'm still not seeing the necessity for ap.
just send your GC through ap to bank account.

rated:
imbatman said:   vagrants said:   imbatman said:   Nothing in that lead me to believe that you need to use the ap to bb step.

I'm still not seeing the necessity for ap.
just send your GC through ap to bank account.

OK, that's one option...but achieving the same goal...just circulating the money like coin scams that I missed. If I transfer the money to BB from AP, I can pay bills like regular checking account. Plus AP counts as DD on BB thus ATM transaction is free up to the limit.

What's the advantages of AP to regular checking over the BB?

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014