• 12 3 4530
  • Page
  • Text Only
I just want to verify (I know it's been posted a million times, but I wanted to absolutely make certain), you can ONLY reload with a Vanilla Reload card and not with a Green Dot Reload card, right? The cards said "Green Dot Reload only reloads WalMart Cash card and Green Dot prepaid". I was looking for Vanilla Reloads and saw a million Green Dot Reload cards, so I wanted to make sure.

mattun said:   I just want to verify (I know it's been posted a million times, but I wanted to absolutely make certain), you can ONLY reload with a Vanilla Reload card and not with a Green Dot Reload card, right? The cards said "Green Dot Reload only reloads WalMart Cash card and Green Dot prepaid". I was looking for Vanilla Reloads and saw a million Green Dot Reload cards, so I wanted to make sure.

If I gave you a different answer, would you believe me? Come on...

Can one checking account be linked to two blurbird accounts?

Does anyone know if you can use the billpay feature for transactions over $500?

HEPennypacker said:   Does anyone know if you can use the billpay feature for transactions over $500?

Yes. You are limited to the amount in your account.

imbatman said:   HEPennypacker said:   Does anyone know if you can use the billpay feature for transactions over $500?

Yes. You are limited to the amount in your account.

Thanks! Signing up this weekend then.

Bluebird
Important information for current Cardholders

Bluebird is changing. As part of these improvements, we are ending the current bluebird program and closing all accounts from that program on December 8th, 2012. We want to minimize any disruption this may cause to you and give you plenty of time before your current bluebird account is closed. So, you can continue to use your current bluebird Card and access your account here at bluebirdmoney.com until December 8th, 2012 or until you close your account.

A refund check will automatically be sent to you for the remaining balance on your current bluebird Card at the time the account is closed on December 8th or if you close your bluebird account before then. Prior to December 8th, you will also have the option to transfer your current bluebird Card balance to a new Bluebird Account.

If you have already purchased a bluebird Feeder Pack, please load it to your current bluebird Card before December 8th, 2012. Feeder Packs cannot be used to load funds into the new Bluebird Account. If you would like to receive a refund for the purchase of a bluebird Feeder Pack, just follow the directions on the back of the Feeder Pack package.

CSREwallet said:   Bluebird

Bluebird is changing. As part of these improvements, we are ending the current bluebird program and closing all accounts from that program on December 8th, 2012. We want to minimize any disruption this may cause to you and give you plenty of time before your current bluebird account is closed. So, you can continue to use your current bluebird Card and access your account here at bluebirdmoney.com until December 8th, 2012 or until you close your account.

A refund check will automatically be sent to you for the remaining balance on your current bluebird Card at the time the account is closed on December 8th or if you close your bluebird account before then. Prior to December 8th, you will also have the option to transfer your current bluebird Card balance to a new Bluebird Account.

If you have already purchased a bluebird Feeder Pack, please load it to your current bluebird Card before December 8th, 2012. Feeder Packs cannot be used to load funds into the new Bluebird Account. If you would like to receive a refund for the purchase of a bluebird Feeder Pack, just follow the directions on the back of the Feeder Pack package.

That is from the previous incarnation. The current BB is the "new" program

kmully said:   
2. Refill with miles/Cash Back debit card at Wal-Mart for no fee. Only a few options here, but there are some AA, Delta, and Alaskan Airline cards that pay either 1 pt per $1 or 1 pt for $2. Not the best way to get miles, but also free. (There is a fee for reloading via debit online, but not in-store.)

What issuer has a card that gives AA miles or points that are transferrable to AA? I thought that option went away when Citi killed the AAdvantage debit card.

Ufb airlines rewards checking. 1 mile/2 dollars spent. Transfers to AA
http://www.ufbdirect.com/ufbdirect/personal-banking/checking/air...

Outside of buying Vanilla reloads, a 1% debit card could net you $50 a month for 5 trips to the store.

Seems like a lot of hype for the effort. Are people getting multiple accounts or something?

The Points Guy is reporting Vanilla reload cards are now available at CVS.

A nice write up of point earning possibilites using Vanilla to fund Bluebird: http://thepointsguy.com/2012/11/new-locations-to-buy-vanilla-reloads/

watchtower7 said:   CSREwallet said:   Bluebird

That is from the previous incarnation. The current BB is the "new" program
What previous incarnation are you talking about?

the original program was tweaked to the present program

Data point: Found a Vanilla Reload card at my local Walgreens. When the cashier attempted to ring it up, her screen came up with a "cash only" message.

This may be obvious but I didn't see it mentioned explicitly anywhere:

Reloads at WalMart by debit card require PIN.

My local CVS has cleared their shelves of the Vanilla reload cards. Perhaps in anticipation of a coming corporate policy requiring cash to purchase?

peste386 said:   My local CVS has cleared their shelves of the Vanilla reload cards. Perhaps in anticipation of a coming corporate policy requiring cash to purchase?

My locals have about 20 each displayed on the gift card hooks. Been buying a grand a day for the past week. No issues using a credit card.

speedbird71 said:   peste386 said:   My local CVS has cleared their shelves of the Vanilla reload cards. Perhaps in anticipation of a coming corporate policy requiring cash to purchase?

My locals have about 20 each displayed on the gift card hooks. Been buying a grand a day for the past week. No issues using a credit card.

That's a safe amount...the bone heads going in trying to clear out the shelf is what is going to kill this.

Anyone know if we can add Vanilla cards to the Bluebird account before we get the Bluebird kit in the mail?

BrianGa said:   Anyone know if we can add Vanilla cards to the Bluebird account before we get the Bluebird kit in the mail?You cannot
You need your permanent card number.

imbatman said:   BrianGa said:   Anyone know if we can add Vanilla cards to the Bluebird account before we get the Bluebird kit in the mail?You cannot
You need your permanent card number.
Not the answer I was hoping for. Thanks though.

Speaking of Vanilla reloads, has anyone encountered a problem where the Vanilla reload site reports "Card Not Found (4006)" for your Bluebird card? I was hoping it was an initial setup delay but it's been over 12 hours since activating the card and it's still reporting that.

Worried this is going to be impossible to solve --- BB phone support says "call Incomm to see what's wrong" and Incomm says "problem with your BB account, call AMEX".

Spoon83 said:   Speaking of Vanilla reloads, has anyone encountered a problem where the Vanilla reload site reports "Card Not Found (4006)" for your Bluebird card? I was hoping it was an initial setup delay but it's been over 12 hours since activating the card and it's still reporting that.

Worried this is going to be impossible to solve --- BB phone support says "call Incomm to see what's wrong" and Incomm says "problem with your BB account, call AMEX".

Didn't have that issue. But "BB phone support"? Tried calling them yesterday as I had issue adding a bill payer. Pressed 0 to get to a human but then got message saying we can't take your call now, then it hung up. So much for 7x24 customer support. And no email or messaging support within the BB web site.

Hi all: important question here at the end of the year: Is the $50K yearly spending cap at Office Depot for the Chase Ink Bold per calendar year, or per 12 month period?

12 month period. Starting at account open date.

swintec said:   speedbird71 said:   peste386 said:   My local CVS has cleared their shelves of the Vanilla reload cards. Perhaps in anticipation of a coming corporate policy requiring cash to purchase?

That's a safe amount...the bone heads going in trying to clear out the shelf is what is going to kill this.
Since BB limits you to 5k a month, wouldn't it be better to spread it out to a grand a week?

rufflesinc said:   swintec said:   speedbird71 said:   peste386 said:   My local CVS has cleared their shelves of the Vanilla reload cards. Perhaps in anticipation of a coming corporate policy requiring cash to purchase?

Since BB limits you to 5k a month, wouldn't it be better to spread it out to a grand a week?

"The past week" strattled the end/beginning of the month. Got the last of the 5K deposited on Nov 30th then started again on Dec 1. Property tax time....

Don't you feel weird, grown up people running around and at the mercy of cashiers.

HumDoHamaraDo said:   Don't you feel weird, grown up people running around and at the mercy of cashiers.You must be new to FW.

rufflesinc said:   HumDoHamaraDo said:   Don't you feel weird, grown up people running around and at the mercy of cashiers.You must be new to FW.

That's kind of the point of YMMV

speedbird71 said:   ..."The past week" strattled the end/beginning of the month...."strattled"? Really?

kenblakely said:   speedbird71 said:   ..."The past week" strattled the end/beginning of the month...."strattled"? Really?
Payed is my favorite.

Sorry if this has been asked, but can you buy a Vanilla Reload at a retailer with that retailer's gift card? They always say "use like cash". If so, I have some ideas.

jewsus said:   Sorry if this has been asked, but can you buy a Vanilla Reload at a retailer with that retailer's gift card? They always say "use like cash". If so, I have some ideas.
Thanks for reading. Your ideas are centuries behind.

watchtower7 said:   jewsus said:   Sorry if this has been asked, but can you buy a Vanilla Reload at a retailer with that retailer's gift card? They always say "use like cash". If so, I have some ideas.

Okay, I'm centuries behind but that doesn't answer my question.

jewsus said:   watchtower7 said:   jewsus said:   Sorry if this has been asked, but can you buy a Vanilla Reload at a retailer with that retailer's gift card? They always say "use like cash". If so, I have some ideas.

It's not impossible, but I've not seen any reports that it works. If you can find a retailer that sells VR when being paid by retailer GC, I'd like to know about it.

imbatman said:   jewsus said:   watchtower7 said:   jewsus said:   Sorry if this has been asked, but can you buy a Vanilla Reload at a retailer with that retailer's gift card? They always say "use like cash". If so, I have some ideas.

It's not impossible, but I've not seen any reports that it works. If you can find a retailer that sells VR when being paid by retailer GC, I'd like to know about it.

Thanks, imbatman. I'm thinking about trying a couple trial runs (small denominations) at various places. Will let you know if I have any success. If not, hopefully, Huck's let's me use my CC.

imbatman said:   jewsus said:   watchtower7 said:   jewsus said:   Sorry if this has been asked, but can you buy a Vanilla Reload at a retailer with that retailer's gift card? They always say "use like cash". If so, I have some ideas.

WalMart.com ... recently bought $1000 worth with WalMart gift cards.

^^, you bought Vanilla reloads at WalMart.com?
because when I search for them, the closest result is "Vanilla float" making machine.

• Archived From: ForumsFinance

• 12 3 4530
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014