• 18 9 10111230
  • Page
  • Text Only
mxf said:   just a data point.
I did not see vanilla in last 3 CV$ i visited DFW area.

on the side note cashier in the last one decided that PP cash should paid for with cash only.
O well...

It appears to me that there's a strong positive correlation between empty slots labelled for bland ice cream and being able to buy said ice cream with a cc. And that there's a rush at the beginning of the month.

I'm wondering if demand will drop off as people hit their bonus caps on 5% Drugstore cards. I maxed one out in the first month and am halfway there on a second so I thought the game was almost over for me. But now Citi just approved me for a TY Preferred with 5% cb on gas/groceries/drugstores for a year... silly Citi.

Caryite said:   LLCPenTesTr said:   As a precaution and a test, I always send a small payment before I send any large amount out of BB. For example, I will send 20 bucks out and watch how long the payment takes to post on to my account before sending anything above 500+ on new bill pays.

Absolutely, I've done this too, and highly recommend as well. Given how much interest is being earned in BB, it's better to pay small amounts early to verify correct receipt and then get the full payment out ASAP after that. I also like to keep the BB balance not too high should something unexpected happen with respect to AA.

Confirmed that payments to Chase and Barclays CCs worked for me, and both were received within a day or two.

At first I was disappointed with Barclays' because their website still seems to show payment due, and while it shows the BB payment, it kinda looks like a 3rd party credit (like a merchandise return). But a call to the CC confirmed payment received, no payment due at this time.

I searched this thread for "pay yourself" and got nothing so apols if already mentioned.

Can't I set myself up as a payee and just repatriate the funds that way (yeah, you gotta wait on a check via USPS) rather than paying the multiple mortgage and other big-ticket no reward accounts that way?

Bagofchips said:   I searched this thread for "pay yourself" and got nothing so apols if already mentioned.

Can't I set myself up as a payee and just repatriate the funds that way (yeah, you gotta wait on a check via USPS) rather than paying the multiple mortgage and other big-ticket no reward accounts that way?

You can also just link your bank account and send money directly to it.

Womp womp

FYI Comments per Month:

Oct 61
Nov 41
Dec 52
Jan 168

The bleating has begun.

edited

No issues paying Chase or AMEX with BB. DW datapoint, applied 1/27 card in hand on 2 Feb.

Here's a datapoint.
I've been testing several of my prepaid "checking" accounts.
I initiated a credit card payment from my Citi Biz card using my BB routing and bank account number in the amount of $5 (the minimum amount you can submit for payment).
Got this email yesterday:

Dear KYBOSH,

This email confirms the following action completed online for your CitiBusiness® Card account ending in XXXX .

See detail(s) below:

Unable to Process Online Bill Payment:
We're sorry, but we are not able to process your payment of $5.00, scheduled to post to your account on January XX, 2013. We'll be happy to help you resolve this issue and avoid future problems. Please call the Customer Service number on the back of your card.

Quality service and the security of your account are of great importance to us. If any of the above information is inaccurate, please contact us immediately at 800-347-4934.

Please visit us anytime at www.citibusinesscreditcards.com to review your recent account activity or update your account information.

We appreciate each opportunity to serve you.

Sincerely,
Customer Service

Note: If you performed multiple account activities online within the past 48 hours you may receive separate confirmation emails.

When I looked online the payment reads:

CLICK-TO-PAY PAYMENT, THANK YOU -5.01

But the return payment reads:

CLK2PAY RTN R20-BNK ACCT NT ELIG Standard Purch 5.01

I did the same thing with my Mango Prepaid account and it went through just fine.

I think you have to push payments from BB, you cannot (or may not be able to) pull from outside bill payment services. I tried to pay my rent with Williampaid because my landlord is set up to get paid through DD that way. No dice, so they're getting a check from BB...

Darn, my local CVS was out of vanilla ice cream. I hope this doesn't mean they stopped carrying it.

I wonder if all this has anything to do with them not being FDIC insured???

stopmakingcents said:   Darn, my local CVS was out of vanilla ice cream. I hope this doesn't mean they stopped carrying it.

one of mine was too. another local was restocked though.

stopmakingcents said:   Darn, my local CVS was out of vanilla ice cream. I hope this doesn't mean they stopped carrying it.

I've seen vanilla ice cream at CVS this week. The bigger news is OD no longer selling variable vanilla GCs nationwide. Nothing about that here, though plenty on the flyer blogs on the end to that party. So much for spreading the pain around to the various 5x cards. 6.95 for only 200 is not going to do it for me.

Caryite said:    6.95 for only 200 is not going to do it for me.

why not?
it's still profitable.

With the amount of sales of vanilla cards evidenced by this thread alone, why would CVS stop carrying them? Surely they are making money from them.

Bigger problem I am having is getting the sales clerk to sell me more than 2 at a time. Sometimes they let me, but yesterday on my way home the manager at the store I visited said their policy is about to change, but right now their sales limit (regardless of what you are purchasing) is just over $1000. She refused to simply start another transaction, which is what the other sales clerks usually do.

HawkeyeNFO said:   With the amount of sales of vanilla cards evidenced by this thread alone, why would CVS stop carrying them? Surely they are making money from them.

Same reason OD stopped carrying them.

OD and CV$ have different strategies. OD makes money off of more of the big ticket items, fewer people but spending $100. CV$ on the other hand makes money a little bit at a time, more people spending much less money, more frequently. I'm suggesting that they aren't looking for as big of a profit margin. But who knows, maybe you are correct.

I bought up all the cards last week at the CV$ in the building where I work, so I'm waiting to see how long it takes them to re-stock.

imbatman said:   Caryite said:    6.95 for only 200 is not going to do it for me.

why not?
it's still profitable.

Yes, only with the 5% card, it gets you $3.

A $3 profit (assuming one doesn't convert it to super vanilla removing it) per GC is still not enough for me to bother when there's still better (although limited) options to make the time to do this worthwhile. It just means a scale back as the time to do this has to be a factor for some to make it worthwhile.

Unless OD and the other office supply stores have something else I'm missing, the "ink" won't dry and the "cash simply" won't be worth it as both cards take a break.

KYBOSH said:   Here's a datapoint.
I've been testing several of my prepaid "checking" accounts.
I initiated a credit card payment from my Citi Biz card using my BB routing and bank account number in the amount of $5 (the minimum amount you can submit for payment).
Got this email yesterday:

Dear KYBOSH,

This email confirms the following action completed online for your CitiBusiness® Card account ending in XXXX .

See detail(s) below:

Unable to Process Online Bill Payment:
We're sorry, but we are not able to process your payment of $5.00, scheduled to post to your account on January XX, 2013. We'll be happy to help you resolve this issue and avoid future problems. Please call the Customer Service number on the back of your card.

Quality service and the security of your account are of great importance to us. If any of the above information is inaccurate, please contact us immediately at 800-347-4934.

Please visit us anytime at www.citibusinesscreditcards.com to review your recent account activity or update your account information.

We appreciate each opportunity to serve you.

Sincerely,
Customer Service

Note: If you performed multiple account activities online within the past 48 hours you may receive separate confirmation emails.

When I looked online the payment reads:

CLICK-TO-PAY PAYMENT, THANK YOU -5.01

But the return payment reads:

CLK2PAY RTN R20-BNK ACCT NT ELIG Standard Purch 5.01

I did the same thing with my Mango Prepaid account and it went through just fine.

had the same thing happen on a card payment--no ACH out of BB. However, I'm looking at $35 "returned payment" fee and trying to decide whether to complain about it (i paid with bill pay from the same account literally a day later, so it was not an NSF return). I'd love $35 back, but, then again, don't want to risk raising eyebrows on my account.

You should definitely bring it up.

You entered in the numbers correctly and it should have gone through.
Its a legit checking account with funds available.

If it didn't work its due to no fault of your own.
I doubt they will care that its a BB account.

You're not a leper for having one.

Has anyone had issue with billpay on BB? I am getting an error that says I need to call them. This is on both my wife's and my account.

dukerau said:   Has anyone had issue with billpay on BB? I am getting an error that says I need to call them. This is on both my wife's and my account.

I issued 2 payments this monring with no issues. Are there any questionable transactions in your accounts?

dukerau said:   Has anyone had issue with billpay on BB? I am getting an error that says I need to call them. This is on both my wife's and my account.

I submitted a $2500 bill pay two days ago, and another one this morning. No problems yet.
Please let us know what they say when you call.

mcmike522 said:   dukerau said:   Has anyone had issue with billpay on BB? I am getting an error that says I need to call them. This is on both my wife's and my account.

I submitted a $2500 bill pay two days ago, and another one this morning. No problems yet.
Please let us know what they say when you call.

i think he means with the actual bill pay interface. yes, i had issues with it a few days back. called BB and got CSR and it started working. then i hung up and it stopped working. seems like it might be getting overloaded...or something.

KYBOSH said:   You should definitely bring it up.

i was thinking that, but the bank that runs BB is the one that issued the card...and the one i buy my bird seed with... (although this is payment for a different card than the one i use to buy)

KYBOSH said:   You should definitely bring it up.

BB is NOT a legit checking account -- that's the point. Just because it mimics the functionality of a checking account doesn't make it a real checking account. Just like it's not FDIC-insured, etc.

sfvera said:   dukerau said:   Has anyone had issue with billpay on BB? I am getting an error that says I need to call them. This is on both my wife's and my account.

I issued 2 payments this monring with no issues. Are there any questionable transactions in your accounts?

I've just been doing "load then bill pay" regularly. I assume most here at FWF are doing the same. Will call them shortly.

I've seen some references to load volumes exceeding the BB monthly terms. And yet it's one BB / person. How could anybody be doing > 1 BB / person-- relative account? (Not talking about subaccounts.)

dukerau said:   sfvera said:   dukerau said:   Has anyone had issue with billpay on BB? I am getting an error that says I need to call them. This is on both my wife's and my account.

I've just been doing "load then bill pay" regularly. I assume most here at FWF are doing the same. Will call them shortly.

It seems the problem was related to the mobile app I was using. I called and they recommended updating my OS (I hadn't yet). When I got home that night, I used the web interface and it worked fine. Don't know if anything was wrong with my account or if it was just the app, but my account has no issues at this point.

Finally saw the reloads at my local Charlie victor samuels when I was there to get a flu shot. The fee structure as I understand is 4.95 for BB (startup cost) and 3.95 per reload card...or 0.79% recurring fee and one-time $5 out of pocket cost. So net, you earn 4.21-1=3.21% on transactions that wouldn't otherwise earn anything more than the base.

If you order the card online you don't have to pay the initiation/startup $5.

imbatman said:   If you order the card online you don't have to pay the initiation/startup $5.

As previously reported, you can't load ice cream to the starter kit. You'll need the premanent card by mail, so save your $5 and order online.

People at the local drug store have gotten more clever since this game has become more popular -- couldn't find any VR at the gift card stand, but after sifting through the PayPal cards, I found two VRs hidden about 12-15 cards deep. Probably ruined that guy's day when he came back and they were gone...

Anybody know how often these card racks are re-stocked? Is it done by the vendor or by Charlie Victor Sierra?

Cwilliams2k4 said:   People at the local drug store have gotten more clever since this game has become more popular -- couldn't find any VR at the gift card stand, but after sifting through the PayPal cards, I found two VRs hidden about 12-15 cards deep. Probably ruined that guy's day when he came back and they were gone...

That guy's an idiot for attempting obfuscation so within reach. If you really want to play that game, put 'em under product inventory that rarely sells.

that's what I am doing!! hiding it under PSN or whatever game network cards they carry....

Now don't go there looking for my stash!

JuNooNi said:   that's what I am doing!! hiding it under PSN or whatever game network cards they carry....

Now don't go there looking for my stash!

Why restrict yourself to the card display?

Future Headline:

"Turnover" Problem
(\/5 at loss to explain ransacking of in-store inventory at stores nationwide.

"Mommy why does my new stuffed animal have these vanilla cards stuffed into its ears and why don't they taste like vanilla?"

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014