• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I haven't seen this posted elsewhere -

My statement for my AMEX Blue said beginning Jan 1 that the 6% grocery rate was capped at $6000 annually. I guess they figured out how to put a stop to "those people" buying those giftcards.

Member Summary

Amex (651.93kB)
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
The deal is on or after Jan 15th, so they don't have to do anything for new comers until Dec or something. On the web si... (more)

vagrants (Oct. 10, 2012 @ 1:55p) |

crap, is this valid for the blue card too which is 5% on grocery, gas and pharmacy.

redearth (Oct. 10, 2012 @ 2:13p) |

Crap. I *just* got my preferred card and was using it. Previously, I was just using the Everyday. If the 'renewal' thi... (more)

kjl1977 (Oct. 10, 2012 @ 2:15p) |

It was also posted in the AMEX Blue cards thread, but it wasn't "beginning Jan 1st". What was the exact wording in your statement?

Actually it says:

"This change becomes effective when your account renews on or after January 15, 2013."

What's the rate beyond the $6000? 1% only?

Glad I didn't convert and still hold my "old" Blue card with 5% unlimited at grocery stores.

CorradoJr said:   Glad I didn't convert and still hold my "old" Blue card with 5% unlimited at grocery stores.

which card is that? is that the blue every day card? does it have an annual fee?

This change applies to the Blue Cash Everyday and Blue Cash Preferred cards. After $6000 in grocery spend per year, grocery purchases earn the standard 1%.

Besides the Old Blue Cash card, what is the next best grocery card. Does anyone else offer 3% year round uncapped?

DHJohn08 said:   Besides the Old Blue Cash card, what is the next best grocery card. Does anyone else offer 3% year round uncapped?

Penfed Rewards visa does as well

$6k spending or $6k in cashsback?

Spending per calendar year. But, "This change becomes effective when your account renews on or after January 15, 2013."

I will see if I can cancel my wife's shared card and get her her own

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo .

Green for OP, but I need to red something. So you can red this post to get it out.

oh nooooooooooooooo...thx for update OP...missed this on the statement

Any 6% alternatives. Do any home improvement stores sell 500$ visa gift cards ?

They have not updated the terms on the sign up page yet to show this. That's an unwelcome surprise to anybody signing up for the card now.

ryoung81 said:   Actually it says:

"This change becomes effective when your account renews on or after January 15, 2013."

See that's a big difference, because it seems to indicate that the change takes effect at your account anniversary / annual fee renewal (which could be many months after January).

Great, I got mine in December, gives me a year to figure something out

That really stinks, but we all knew it wasn't going to last for long.

peste386 said:   They have not updated the terms on the sign up page yet to show this. That's an unwelcome surprise to anybody signing up for the card now.

You would think that after the recent lawsuit they would have updated it by now.

mjoply said:   peste386 said:   They have not updated the terms on the sign up page yet to show this. That's an unwelcome surprise to anybody signing up for the card now.

You would think that after the recent lawsuit they would have updated it by now.

The deal is on or after Jan 15th, so they don't have to do anything for new comers until Dec or something. On the web site, no mentioning of the cap @ $6k as of today @ 2:54PM EST.

Be careful if you are converting a card to BCP though. I converted the Blue from AMEX to BCP on Mon. The CSR lady that I made the conversion with told me that I get the AF charge next day, but it turned out that the AF is due in late Nov.

crap, is this valid for the blue card too which is 5% on grocery, gas and pharmacy.

Crap. I *just* got my preferred card and was using it. Previously, I was just using the Everyday. If the 'renewal' thing applies, at least I'll have until September to enjoy it.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014