• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Like the one they just had for Oct. 6. The notice was displayed when I signed in to my Discover account this morning.

*Sign up to earn 2% CashBack Bonus on any purchases made on 10/26/12. These purchases do not count towards annual purchases eligible to earn 1% CashBack Bonus. These purchases must post to your account on 10/26/12. We are not responsible for merchant delays in processing transactions. Allow up to 2 billing periods for this reward to be added to your CashBack Bonus account. See CashBack Bonus Program Terms and Conditions for further details about your rewards program.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Bumping this up...today is 10/26 so make your "purchases"!

CorradoJr (Oct. 26, 2012 @ 4:04p) |

Bumping this thread - found this Discover 2% offer on the main page when I logged in to day.

Shop for Thanksgiving Friday... (more)

redikin (Nov. 14, 2012 @ 3:47p) |

NoMoneyInMyWallet (Nov. 14, 2012 @ 4:09p) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Saw it in my account too. Thanks, curtster!

Thanks!
I went into my account, found it and signed up...too quickly to read the fine print, which is now gone. Was there a limit?

downhillskier said:   Thanks!
I went into my account, found it and signed up...too quickly to read the fine print, which is now gone. Was there a limit?

There was no maximum listed. Go to your account profile and the promo is listed down toward the bottom of the page.

I just verified with a phone CSR that this stacks on the current 5% Cash Back for department stores and online shopping.

perfect, thanks! Amazon payments here i come...

nm...

I already hit the $1500 quarterly limit on the 5% categories during the 2% bonus promotion last Saturday. But, I signed up for this one too. Will I get just 2% on these purchases or will I also get some other percentage plus the 2%?

Don't forget to go through shopdiscover, if applicable, in order for the offers to stack.

awesome! I'm planning a large purchase by the end of the month. Hopefully the transaction will post by end of day on 10/26

You should get at least 0.25% extra if you haven't met your anniversary $3000 minimum, otherwise it should be 3% (1 + 2) total. Although with Discover, you just never know.

anks329 said:   perfect, thanks! Amazon payments here i come...

Many people probably pushed their Amazon payments up for the Oct. 6th deal and can make no more.

What would be nice would be to know if they were likely to do anything like this in November. If so, it might pay to delay certain payments until you could get the extra 2%.

A personal guess is on or around Black Friday. Many people do enough spending then that they will end up carrying a balance even if they do not normally do so), making it a profitable day to pay a little extra in rewards to get your card used.

Normally when I have the flexibility I schedule payments use Amazon, Money Messenger, etc. for right after the statement closes to keep money invested as long as possible. The recent frequency of these deals suggests it may pay to wait till to perhaps the 20th of each month in case such a deal appears

From Discover card customer service:

This will allow you to receive double (2%) CashBack Bonus on all purchases made with your Discover Card on October 6, 2012. There is no purchase cap for this offer and no limit to how much double CashBack Bonus you can earn. Additional purchases will earn unlimited CashBack Bonus as usual:

If you are buying stuff online from sites like Amazon/WalMart or other retailers that dont bill until the item is shipped you might consider buying a e-giftcard instead. They generally get billed and emailed to you the same day, and then you can use that giftcard to buy what you wanted. This way you can be assured you get the bonus. I did it this way on the 6th with Amazon, and I got the bonus CB.

Idea: Load Serve card from discover?

Still debating whether I should buy $1,000 or $2,000 in Amazon gift cards.

larryc said:   Idea: Load Serve card from discover?

It appears Serve is not classified as an online purchase judging from my statement.

HiLine said:   Still debating whether I should buy $1,000 or $2,000 in Amazon gift cards.

You may find you can buy on line in other ways and will hit the $1500 ceiling over the quarter in any case.

Also, you can get 6% back on Amazon cards bought using a Blue Cash Preferred at grocery stores if you happen to have one.

ProfessorEd said:   HiLine said:   Still debating whether I should buy $1,000 or $2,000 in Amazon gift cards.

You may find you can buy on line in other ways and will hit the $1500 ceiling over the quarter in any case.

Also, you can get 6% back on Amazon cards bought using a Blue Cash Preferred at grocery stores if you happen to have one.

That's a good point. But that's a sure-fire way to exhaust the quarterly cap.

ProfessorEd said:   larryc said:   Idea: Load Serve card from discover?

It appears Serve is not classified as an online purchase judging from my statement.
How 'bout Amazon payments?

ProfessorEd said:   larryc said:   Idea: Load Serve card from discover?

But presumably, you'd still get 2% back on Serve loads on the 26th.

this starts on the 26th in which timezone???

OliverQuackenbush said:   this starts on the 26th in which timezone???

I was told specifically for a different deal that Discover is EST. However, when I made a purchase in my timezone which was the next day in EST, it wasn't credited properly automatically. I had to get it manually credited. It's a safer bet to just make sure its the 26th in your time zone.

Bumping this up...today is 10/26 so make your "purchases"!

Bumping this thread - found this Discover 2% offer on the main page when I logged in to day.

Shop for Thanksgiving Friday, November 16 through Sunday, November 18, 2012 and get 2% CashBack Bonus on all your grocery store purchases using your Discover card.*

redikin said:   Bumping this thread - found this Discover 2% offer on the main page when I logged in to day.

Shop for Thanksgiving Friday, November 16 through Sunday, November 18, 2012 and get 2% CashBack Bonus on all your grocery store purchases using your Discover card.*
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/grocery-coupons/1233036/

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014