• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Official Website for Sarabi v. Weltman Settlement

If You Received a Cellphone or Pager Call from Weltman, Weinberg & Reis Co., L.P.A. Using an Automatic Telephone Dialing System Between August 25, 2006 and August 25, 2010, Your Rights Could be Affected by a Class Action Settlement. A settlement has been proposed in a lawsuit called Sarabi, et al. v. Weltman, Weinberg & Reis Co., L.P.A. (Case No. 10 cv 1777 JLS (NLS) which is pending in the United States District Court for the Southern District of California.

Your legal rights are affected whether you act or do not act. Read this notice carefully.
Your Legal Rights And Options In This Settlement:

Do Nothing
Stay in the lawsuit. If the Court approves the settlement, you will be eligible to make a claim for a monetary settlement in an amount up to $70.00, or it could be less, depending on the total amount of claims received.

Go to a Hearing
Ask to speak in Court about the fairness of the settlement.
Object Write to the Court and explain why you don’t like the settlement.

Exclude Yourself
Get no payment. This is the only option that allows you to be part of any other lawsuit against Weltman, Weinberg & Reis Co., L.P.A. about the legal claims on this case.

These rights and options – and the deadlines to exercise them – are explained in the Frequently Asked Questions (“FAQ”) comprising the Notice about the Settlement. The Court in charge of this case still has to decide whether to approve the settlement.

Important Dates:

Claim Deadline: December 18, 2012

Opt-out/Exclusion Deadline: December 28, 2012

Final Fairness Hearing: January 18, 2013

Member Summary

what if you didn't get a postcard?? SOL?

vickh said:   what if you didn't get a postcard?? SOL?

LOL, did you get called by them? As they are a collection agency, glad I didn't.

Is this class action targeted?

AugustFour said:   Is this class action targeted?

Obviously it is.

up to $70? Codename47 must be rofl.

Wait, do I have to request to be excluded from this class action to get $1000 per call on my own?

Yeah aren't these TCPA violations $2000 $$500+$1500 if you sue individually?

I'd opt out of the class action, copy the allegations in their complaint and file in small claims to get my $2000

10. How do I get out of the settlement?

To exclude yourself from the settlement, you must send a letter by mail saying that you want to be excluded from Sarabi v. Weltman, Weinberg, & Reis Co., L.P.A. Be sure to include your name, address, telephone number, and your signature. You must mail your exclusion request postmarked no later than December 28, 2012, 10 days after the Claims Period to the Claims Administrator at the following address:

Sarabi Settlement
ILYM Group, Inc.
P.O. Box 57087
Irvine, CA 92619

You cannot exclude yourself on the phone or by email. If you ask to be excluded, you will not get any settlement payment, and you cannot object to the settlement. You will not be legally bound by anything that happens in this lawsuit.
http://www.weltmantcpa.com/faq/

Can we get the info claimed to file our own lawsuit

Can we get the legal information that was filed.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014