• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I'm looking to find a reputable Merchant Processing Company for accepting Credit/Debit Cards for a small business. I currently use Intuit Merchant Services and received notice they are raising a bunch of their prices in November. I do all internet transactions so I would need to be able to login to their secure portal and key-in the information. I have also tried Square but it is annoying to have to have my iPhone or iPad available to type in the information.

Most of my transactions are small, $10-15 so per transaction fees are important.

Thanks!

Member Summary
  • Also categorized in:

Are you a member of Sam's Club or Costco? If so, they have pretty good small business rates. We used them for a long time and they were the best rates I could find. Then about a year ago, our bank (BoA) sent us an advertisement saying they would pay $500 if they couldn't beat our rates. I set up an appointment with them and they actually were able to improve on our rates quite a bit. You don't have to bank with BoA to use their processing but if you do you'll get the deposit into your account the next day.

SquareUp ?

In my years of experience dealing with merchant clients large and small, PayPal stands out as a payment processor. They are not the cheapest, but you get started with a competitive rate, a real dispute resolution system with ability appeal decisions, and actual seller protection.

Follow their rules, behave normally, and your account will be fine. Act like an idiot, pull weird stunts, and their counter-fraud department may flag your account for hold and review.

MaxRC said:   In my years of experience dealing with merchant clients large and small, PayPal stands out as a payment processor. They are not the cheapest, but you get started with a competitive rate, a real dispute resolution system with ability appeal decisions, and actual seller protection.

Follow their rules, behave normally, and your account will be fine. Act like an idiot, pull weird stunts, and their counter-fraud department may flag your account for hold and review.

They may be all that, but Paypal is still the devil, and even you know it.

chedv said:   I currently use Intuit Merchant Services and received notice they are raising a bunch of their prices in NovemberGoPayment is raising prices? Go figure

There is another thing I should add about our switch to BoA for processing. I got a hard pull on Experian in the process from First Data Merchant Services. I'm not sure if this was BoA pulling my credit file as part of the application to move the processing to them or if it had to do with the First Data terminal that I purchased as part of the transition that wasnt paid for up front but instead was billed to my account 90 days later.

2nd the stripe.net recommendation. It can store credit card info for subscriptions. Also check out noca.com (no other charges apply)as they can do checks as well as cc(s). Who uses a merchant account anymore?

Are your clients interested in self service? I liked google checkout for online transactions.

AmeriCommerce just started offering a merchant service package. Based on their advertising, it looks good, but I haven't delved into the fine print. It's worth investigating, but you should perform your own due diligence.
http://www.americommerce.com/merchant-services/accept-credit-car...

I just got the paypal payhere swiper for my android, but I'm not sure that's a very good deal either. I'm comparing it against squareup and they seem about the same cost.

xfmpcx said:   2nd the stripe.net recommendation. It can store credit card info for subscriptions. Also check out noca.com (no other charges apply)as they can do checks as well as cc(s). Who uses a merchant account anymore?

Thanks for the recommendations. I like the looks of noca.com but I can't do the integration. I basically have a 1-page secure form that asks the customers CC info. I would rather just collect the data instead of making multiple pages or have the customer do any more steps.

I found payjunction to have good prices and a lot of integrations. I process a lot of subscriptions and online payments via online also. This is where i signed up http://pricing.payjunction.com/sbsake

Well I just got a notice from Intuit that they will be charging another $75 this month for their annual fee. I'm pretty sure I don't remember an annual fee when I signed up. They said it was for "Intuit to properly service customer accounts."

I really dislike this company and can't move away from them fast enough.

chedv said:   Well I just got a notice from Intuit that they will be charging another $75 this month for their annual fee. I'm pretty sure I don't remember an annual fee when I signed up. They said it was for "Intuit to properly service customer accounts."

I really dislike this company and can't move away from them fast enough.

And you will find they're all the same...

I just got the same notice from Worldpay, except my fee is $69.

This is on top of the new monthly fee from a few months ago that was some bs fee to cover their costs of ensuring all their merchants comply with Visa processing regulations.

Just got stripe up and going. I love it! Thanks for the recommendations! Time to ditch Intuit!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014