• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
"From toys to fashion and electronics, now CitiŽ credit cardmembers can shop with ThankYouŽ Points at Amazon.com."

With Black Friday near...

...and if AMEX Wishlist has Amazon certs, which they usually always do and one can win one, stack and away we go!

Link

Member Summary

Card
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer

Citi Thank You
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Got an the standard email from thank you network showing redemptions: multiple Amazon redemptions. Those are instant no... (more)

jcharger (Jan. 30, 2013 @ 8:18p) |

Do you feel someone got your username/password?

If that's the case the chances are greater that security breach came from... (more)

KYBOSH (Jan. 30, 2013 @ 9:39p) |

I don't click on spoofs and I never actually log in to thank you network I go seamlessly from my citicard, different lo... (more)

jcharger (Jan. 31, 2013 @ 6:29a) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Based on my linked account, it appears I am only getting 80% of my points value (i.e. 100 points = 80 cents). I cannot find this listed anywhere. The only thing relevant in the T&C is this comment: "Citi has the right to change Point to dollar conversion rates at any time."

jtdeals said:   Based on my linked account, it appears I am only getting 80% of my points value (i.e. 100 points = 80 cents). I cannot find this listed anywhere. The only thing relevant in the T&C is this comment: "Citi has the right to change Point to dollar conversion rates at any time."

$0.008/point is a bad redemption value. Also, since I use my Citi Forward to get 5 points/$1 on Amazon, I miss out on those points as well.

Same as Discover and AMEX. But, still good to link and decide.

I can finally use my 245 TY points lol

Comes out to $1.96

LocalMotion said:   Same as Discover and AMEX. But, still good to link and decide.My Discover account gives me 1:1 redemption value.

jatan1986 said:   I can finally use my 245 TY points lol

Comes out to $1.96

True ... The ratio is a ripoff, it is only good if you don't have enough points to redeem for actual giftcards, etc.

See other TY points thread. Request mortgage/student loan check and deposit into your account for 1:1 cash value

LocalMotion said:   "From toys to fashion and electronics, now CitiŽ credit cardmembers can shop with ThankYouŽ Points at Amazon.com."

...and if AMEX Wishlist has Amazon certs, which they usually always do and one can win one, stack and away we go!

Link
AMEX wishlist was killed off last year.

scripta said:   LocalMotion said:   "From toys to fashion and electronics, now CitiŽ credit cardmembers can shop with ThankYouŽ Points at Amazon.com."

Link

Proof?

LocalMotion said:   scripta said:   LocalMotion said:   "From toys to fashion and electronics, now CitiŽ credit cardmembers can shop with ThankYouŽ Points at Amazon.com."

Link
Proof?
open wide.

scripta said:   LocalMotion said:   scripta said:   LocalMotion said:   "From toys to fashion and electronics, now CitiŽ credit cardmembers can shop with ThankYouŽ Points at Amazon.com."

Link
Proof?
open wide.

Did that already. Been here, like you, a long time.

Need DEFINITIVE proof that the CHRISTMAS Wishlist is DONE? If not given, I will just call AMEX to verify or wait and see.

Bingo; that would've made this thread a lot shorter.

LocalMotion said:   scripta said:   LocalMotion said:   scripta said:   LocalMotion said:   "From toys to fashion and electronics, now CitiŽ credit cardmembers can shop with ThankYouŽ Points at Amazon.com."

Link
Proof?
open wide.

Did that already. Been here, like you, a long time.

Need DEFINITIVE proof that the CHRISTMAS Wishlist is DONE? If not given, I will just call AMEX to verify or wait and see.

Wow. Are you then going to ask me to prove that there isn't an infinite number of stars in the sky?

Wishlist was renamed to Daily Wish in 2009 IIRC, and Daily Wish was canceled in June of 2011 (see emails quoted in a number of threads found at the aforementioned link). There wasn't a *wish* last holiday season and there's NO REASON to think there will be one this year.

I do not understand? Everybody can answer a thread! That is what a topic posted is all about. Reply. Positive or Negative. I do not care! Just HOPE that SOMEONE will get value from it.

Sorry to post.

scripta said:   Wow. Are you then going to ask me to prove that there isn't an infinite number of stars in the sky?

Wishlist was renamed to Daily Wish in 2009 IIRC, and Daily Wish was canceled in June of 2011 (see emails quoted in a number of threads found at the aforementioned link). There wasn't a *wish* last holiday season and there's NO REASON to think there will be one this year.

I know that!

If, AMEX has it again, you WILL NOT take part of it? I do not think so...

Let's see what AMEX does.

If you have at least 2500 pts then redeem for a $25 Amazon "e-code" gift card -- the code appears instantly after redemption.

lokimoki said:   If you have at least 2500 pts then redeem for a $25 Amazon "e-code" gift card -- the code appears instantly after redemption.

Back on topic.

Simple! You do not like what I have posted, move along. PERIOD!!!!

Nuff said...

LocalMotion said:   scripta said:   Wow. Are you then going to ask me to prove that there isn't an infinite number of stars in the sky?

I know that!

If, AMEX has it again, you WILL NOT take part of it? I do not think so...

Let's see what AMEX does.
I only stated facts so people don't get their hopes up without a reason. Then I answered your challenge. Your title and first sentence is helpful and new, but there's no reason to speculate about AMEX in the same thread.

You still seem to think they're going to do something. Are you waiting for December 21 to see if the world ends too? There's no proof it won't end, lets wait and see what happens.

jatan1986 said:   I can finally use my 245 TY points lol

Comes out to $1.96

exactly what this redemption option is good for.

lokimoki said:   If you have at least 2500 pts then redeem for a $25 Amazon "e-code" gift card -- the code appears instantly after redemption.is this through TY points redemption site or through purchase of GC via Amazon? thanks,

Thanks OP!! was able to....

LocalMotion said:   Simple! You do not like what I have posted, move along. PERIOD!!!!

Nuff said...

Wow, that's a lot of hostility, for absolutely no reason.

heck, didn't someone figure out a long time ago that purching merchandise through thankyou was basically the same as buying it on Amazon... but with added points markup?

So this seems like just another way of accomplishing the same thing, with probably a similar markup. But it's still pretty high tech, and might be good for tiny little chump balances of TY points!

On 2 separate cards, and they ARE registered with Thank You rewards.
Registration error
Sorry, there was a problem registering your Citi credit card. You will need to contact Citi ThankYou Rewards at 1-800-THANKYOU (1-800-842-6596) before you can link your ThankYou Member Account to your Amazon.com account. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks, I have 2 cards.

lokimoki said:   If you have at least 2500 pts then redeem for a $25 Amazon "e-code" gift card -- the code appears instantly after redemption.
Where'd you go to redeem this? I'm assuming on the thankyou.com site? (which I'm having trouble accessing at the moment ). I tried on Amazon.com, but they don't allow points for card purchases there, unfortunately.

EDIT: The TY website shows Amazon $50 card for 6k points (83% point value).

^you must have a Preferred or Premier ThankYou card for the Amazon (and other) certificates to show up at the cheaper point levels.

defjukie said:   ^you must have a Preferred or Premier ThankYou card for the Amazon (and other) certificates to show up at the cheaper point levels.
Ahh, ok that makes sense. I can get 1:1 rewards for some stores (Staples, gap, etc) at the $100 level, but not Amazon unfortunately. It may be possible to get $100 Staples cards, then use those to buy in-store Amazon cards, and then use those. I might try that, since I have quite a lot of rewards built-up and not many of the available stores that I actually shop at.

jumpfroggy said:   Ahh, ok that makes sense. I can get 1:1 rewards for some stores (Staples, gap, etc) at the $100 level, but not Amazon unfortunately. It may be possible to get $100 Staples cards, then use those to buy in-store Amazon cards, and then use those. I might try that, since I have quite a lot of rewards built-up and not many of the available stores that I actually shop at.
I think that it has been posted previously that the most viable route would be to redeem TY for Best Buy gift cards (assuming you can get 1:1), and then buy Amazon Kindle GCs at BB B&M.

@wmnetid, good point - thanks.

This doesn't make sense... going through the ThankYou site, ~16,000 points gets me $150 of Amazon gift cards (yeah, uses 15,000 so a few are left over). Linking and going to Amazon, the ~16,000 points is worth ~$130. Why would I used the 'linked' option?

sigwx said:   This doesn't make sense... going through the ThankYou site, ~16,000 points gets me $150 of Amazon gift cards (yeah, uses 15,000 so a few are left over). Linking and going to Amazon, the ~16,000 points is worth ~$130. Why would I used the 'linked' option?

Here's my example of where it's useful - I plan on either closing or converting a Citi CC to avoid an annual fee, and I've redeemed most of my TYP's. For the couple hundred I have left, this lets me redeem them instead of giving them to Citi in the case they won't let me do a product change.

Essentially the linked option should be used by people to get rid of small balances that don't reach any of the more desireable reward minimums. Unless you plan on continuing using whatever Citi product you have, you would ideally use your 15k TYP on the Amazon gift card and the rest in the linked option.

defjukie said:   ^you must have a Preferred or Premier ThankYou card for the Amazon (and other) certificates to show up at the cheaper point levels.

I don't have either of those cards, but have the cheaper point levels in my account. I do have a plain Citi ThankYou card and Citi Professional card, so one (or both) of those triggers it also.

what about platinum select ?

defjukie said:   ^you must have a Preferred or Premier ThankYou card for the Amazon (and other) certificates to show up at the cheaper point levels.i have the preferred, but TY site shows 3500 for $25 and 6000 for $50. i have ~3000 points; linked option is the good way to go or wait until 3500? thanks,

I also have preferred (its set as my default card) and when i got to THankYou.com the Amazon e-codes are priced at 1cpp. $25 is 2500 points, $50 is 5000 points and so on. Im not suremif this is the preferred pricing.

Thank you network has big fraud problems with Amazon redemptions watch your account they got my points.

Skipping 4 Messages...
I don't click on spoofs and I never actually log in to thank you network I go seamlessly from my citicard, different login and password so I better beef up everything.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014