• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Here's my story. I am an American, currently living with my English boyfriend in London. My boyfriend supports us which enables me to go back to university over here. I need to apply for a student loan to fund my education. I have cosigners who are also based in the UK. I have paid my bachelor's degree loans off($80K)in full already from my degree back home. I will be accepted easily for the loan with my credit and my cosigners' credit/work. Where can I go to apply for a loan? I didn't want to go from place to place applying for the loan and have the hard pull on my credit from each. Thanks for any help, it is MUCH appreciated.

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Was I the only one reading your post in English accent?
(Sorry, OffTopic)

You need UK credit score to apply for loans over there. I suppose you go to a bank to apply for a loan.

You might be able to use your credit report to validate you are a good UK credit risk, depending on where you apply. I did this for a different country (not UK).
Have you checked with the school you plan to attend, the UK may have better school loan programs through the school, as they are less pro-private industry doing everything than the US.
Lastly, I pray you are not getting a Masters in Arts as the earnings potential is not there like other majors.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014