Gift Wish List Worthy of FWF

Archived From: Finance
  • Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
My wife wants me to put together a Christmas list, but there isn't much I really need. So, in the spirit of the Save Time thread, I'm thinking of gifts that save me time or stress.

Some of the things mentioned in that thread are:
* A FAST/good document feeder/scanner where you can quickly store documents on your computer.
* SSD hard drives (esp. higher quality, so data loss is less likely)
* LED light bulbs
* Someone to do my taxes
* Handyman labor to fix up the house

On the other hand, I'm tempted by totally-useless but ultra-cool items, like anything from ThinkGeek.

What else would you ask for?

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
I gave that to one of my ex-girlfriends. She did not appreciate it.

ubermichaelthomas (Nov. 09, 2012 @ 10:07a) |

Ask for a SSD.

jnheinz (Nov. 09, 2012 @ 2:55p) |

Which kind?

http://m.urbandictionary.com/#define?term=Dutch%20Oven

beanie4me (Nov. 09, 2012 @ 3:02p) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

A million dollars.

A gofer to get me weed because the state says it's legal but I don't want to get caught by the Feds.

qcumber98 said:   A gofer to get me weed because the state says it's legal but I don't want to get caught by the Feds.

Start a Mary Jane Courier service? Oh wait.....

imbatman said:   A million dollars.

Just get what you'd use the million dollars for. Two chicks at the same time.

H&B

Pics of wife?

Two chicks at the same time.

enc0re said:   Two chicks at the same time.

Tried. Not happening.

...at least, not with the wife.

No objection to applying herself for the next hot CC deal I find .

a USB powered nose hair clipper

If LED lights count as saving time +/ stress, then go for solar panels, although it'd be an unusual Xmas gift.

H&B
Crown Vic

beanie4me said:   enc0re said:   Two chicks at the same time.

Tried. Not happening.

...at least, not with the wife.

Try these
Two chicks

How about
12 Get out of jail for free coupons
So until next year, you could use these once a month.

Anything that can be resold on eBay for a profit...

Glitch99 said:   Anything that can be resold on eBay for a profit...

If it's a gift, the cost basis to the receiver is $0 and thus it's all profit anyway.

ubermichaelthomas said:   Glitch99 said:   Anything that can be resold on eBay for a profit...

If it's a gift, the cost basis to the receiver is $0 and thus it's all profit anyway.

Cost basis isn't $0 if it is purchased using a joint account.

I usually ask for consumable luxury stuff I wouldn't buy for myself that I can share with business associates like cognac or Cuban cigars.
Or, I'll ask for something her and I can both enjoy together like a spa weekend, or dinner at a great restaurant....it makes the 2 chicks more likely(YMMV).

I'm brewing up a bunch of bacon vodka (using cheap vodka) and giving it to all my relatives as a gift. It'll be awesome, cause I'm sure they'll all hate it but will feel bad throwing it away. Of course, I'll have to query them every time I visit their houses "How'd you like that bacon vodka, why dont you have it on display??"

To me this kind of parallels the awful knit sweater your 'out-of-touch' grandma gives out...

UAIron said:   I'm brewing up a bunch of bacon vodka (using cheap vodka) and giving it to all my relatives as a gift. It'll be awesome, cause I'm sure they'll all hate it but will feel bad throwing it away. Of course, I'll have to query them every time I visit their houses "How'd you like that bacon vodka, why dont you have it on display??"

To me this kind of parallels the awful knit sweater your 'out-of-touch' grandma gives out...

I actually make my own bacon, vodka, and bacon vodka.
It's all delicious, and I'd still rather have a million dollars

ubermichaelthomas said:   Glitch99 said:   Anything that can be resold on eBay for a profit...

Cost basis transfers with the gift, so make sure you have them include the receipts with their gifts so you know your cost of goods sold.

beanie4me said:   Some of the things mentioned in that thread are:
* A FAST/good document feeder/scanner where you can quickly store documents on your computer.
* SSD hard drives (esp. higher quality, so data loss is less likely)
* LED light bulbs
* Someone to do my taxes
* Handyman labor to fix up the house

On the other hand, I'm tempted by totally-useless but ultra-cool items, like anything from ThinkGeek.

how about some tools and "being a handyman for dummies"?

chicks dig calluses....and most of em swoon when a man labors like a ...yknow, man.

samiam68 said:   Pics of wife?

Since nobody ever has the balls to actually respond with pics, here:
http://postimage.org/image/lqcdfmdxv/

Another interesting idea I read about is a virtual assistant.

This place starts at $120/mo for 10 hours, and goes up from here:
http://www.asksunday.com/dedicatedplanspricing

solarUS said:   

chicks dig calluses....and most of em swoon when a man labors like a ...yknow, man.

I've got tools, and I'm pretty handy. But I've found that chicks do not like guys who are sweaty and stinky. They prefer the dream of Mike the clean-cut Handyman, from Desperate Housewives.

I thought from the name of the thread this was going to be how to get the cheapest things to give out as gifts...

beanie4me said:   solarUS said:   

I've got tools, and I'm pretty handy. But I've found that chicks do not like guys who are sweaty and stinky. They prefer the dream of Mike the clean-cut Handyman, from Desperate Housewives.

okay, then maybe ask for anti-perspirant too?

what about a trip for the two of you to Vegas? good food, plenty of things to do for a wide variety of interests.

last time i was there i booked a beautiful, ultra-modern suite with a Japanese soaking tub, a large balcony and a gorgeous view of the strip and the Bellagio fountain (from both the balcony and the tub) for around $120/nt.

If you feel like helping others, get gift certificates to Kiva, a good micro loan site.

This is not hard. As a married man the obvious answer is a

umcsom said:   This is not hard. As a married man the obvious answer is a

...is a myth, I'm afraid.

digitaldoc said:   I thought from the name of the thread this was going to be how to get the cheapest things to give out as gifts...

Good feedback. Updated.

beanie4me said:   samiam68 said:   Pics of wife?

Since nobody ever has the balls to actually respond with pics, here:
http://postimage.org/image/lqcdfmdxv/

shes lovely

Sonos for the whole house.

Unless your taxes are very complicated hiring someone else to do them is lighting money on fire. You could apply that 400-500 to one of either H or B and get a lot more value...

ipad mini... for the whole family.

Dutch Oven or Crock-pot
Prepare food with very little work.

camiolo said:   Dutch Oven

Skipping 2 Messages...
ubermichaelthomas said:   camiolo said:   Dutch Oven

Which kind?

http://m.urbandictionary.com/#define?term=Dutch%20Oven

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014