Fatwallet Member Map

Archived From: Finance
  • Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Over 3 years ago we had a map for sharing your city/state and other personal information. I am unsure if anyone actual reached out to members to schedule local meetups or exchange financial ideas, but the map had close to 9000 views so I'm hoping it was useful. You can still view the old thread - http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/928584

The map became tedious to keep up with so it gradually faded. I researched automated solutions, but the time consuming part was always plotting it on a map. Recently I ran across a good solution which requires minimal effort. For those who are interested the service is called Batchgeo and it takes seconds to copy the spreadsheet into their tool to generate or update a map.

Over 200 members provided input back then. I've entered a few members from that thread to start out. If you would like to participate, please complete the form which can be accessed through the link below. Some fields are mandatory and some are optional. I ask you to only complete the form once. If you need an update please PM me. The spreadsheet is view only but may be useful if you want to search for a particular name. I will post to this thread when I manually export the spreadsheet into the map.

Form - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?fromEmail=true&formkey=dDBHeEkzd291THNJSzQzaTFuRVVtSHc6MQ

Spreadsheet - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Am12tUJC0iMPdDBHeEkzd291THNJSzQzaTFuRVVtSHc

Map - http://batchgeo.com/map/e711e85d575da22b7b39130095cfa3ef

Member Summary

Map Example
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer

Sex Distribution
Thanks scottybweyy
Disclaimer

Age Distribution
Thanks scottybweyy
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
so, what are we doing on this ?

tajar96 (Dec. 14, 2012 @ 6:16p) |

Haha I'm not sure. Nobody really lives close to me. Has anyone actually made any local contacts?

P.S. I used to live in E... (more)

scottybweyy (Dec. 14, 2012 @ 9:52p) |

First international member? El paso, Mexico (Texas).

rechtien (Jan. 27, 2013 @ 8:31a) |

Map last updated 1/27/2012 5:48 P.M. EST
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Haha. Everyone so far has been male. What a sausage fest.

We have annual meetings in Omaha with Warren and we party at TyroneShulace's island.

Well putting a static age doesn't make any sense, not that its a necessity anyways.

i3ighead said:   Haha. Everyone so far has been male. What a sausage fest.

I'm a tranny so does that count as male and female?

Fatwallet has ho's in every are code. Only issue is they are all male nerds. Oh well

So we are limiting this to US residents?

Moral of the story: getting information off the internet is like getting pee out of a pool.

pics should be posted too

largeeyes said:   So we are limiting this to US residents?
I second that, otherwise data is incomplete.

For girls, pics or GTFO. You know the rules.

Not interested in doing this but thanks for calling my attention to batchgeo, that's a really cool service I can use for other things.

First from Michigan.... 4% of the users... As of today....

ubermichaelthomas said:   For girls, pics or GTFO. You know the rules. This may have been meant as a joke, but isn't very funny. Would you say that to anyone in person?

letsspendlotsofmoney said:   First from Michigan.... 4% of the users... As of today....

Sorry for ruining your control, number 2 and up to 6%.

Also think the "Age" should be the birth date. That way you can do some math calculations to obtain ages on each import.

Where's my FL FWF people? Come on!

Thanks for the contribution OP!

i3ighead said:   Haha. Everyone so far has been male. What a sausage fest.

Gee. I wonder why.

Anytime any female posts or anyone posts about a female (eg - their girlfriend), someone always posts asking for pics and the post gets way more green than red. Yeah, that's really welcoming to the ladies.

Cashman said:   Where's my FL FWF people? Come on!

Thanks for the contribution OP!

Hi!

I feel like I'm somehow in the wrong for being in the midwest.

TU to Travel1man for his response for "Age". (click the spreadsheet)

nomenclature said:   i3ighead said:   Haha. Everyone so far has been male. What a sausage fest.

Gee. I wonder why.

Anytime any female posts or anyone posts about a female (eg - their girlfriend), someone always posts asking for pics and the post gets way more green than red. Yeah, that's really welcoming to the ladies.

While there is definitely this annoyance, when I think about the money that FW has saved me or made me over the years I think I can take in in stride.

Seems like an interesting project, I'm in.

On a side note I thought I learned something new while looking at the spreadsheet. I was thinking to myself, "Weird, I never knew there were zip codes with only 4 digits." Took me a minute to realize it was dropping the "0" off the front of the zip code.

Erg...where were you Illinois guys when I was giving away the BP discount codes for -$0.50/gallon? Only gave away a few through here, ended up giving the rest of 'em to random (surprised) folks at the gas station.

qcumber98 said:   We have annual meetings in Omaha with Warren and we party at TyroneShulace's island.
A lot of us wanted to visit the island

Seriously though , I held the first fwf get together back in 2007 and it was a big success . Fw held an official company get together sometime later .

I'm always open for meeting new people . Often it results in lucrative opportunities .

When / where is the next fatwallet party?

My vote is for Scottsdale early next year
We can go on alexk pub crawl

Think about it, more FWRers = more sensible & educated people = belongs to states which Dems won!!
It will be nice to overlay this map with 2012 state results

My malware blocker says the Form link is a risky site.
Huh?

ajainy said:   version 2 -> http://batchgeo.com/map/2a5850a054d282f09f8b84e72ac6c56b

Version 3 because you left the usernames column out of that one

SUCKISSTAPLES said:   My vote is for Scottsdale early next year

Yeah come on over to PHX! Top ranked in cheaters!

I love the idea of FatWallet map, but I am somewhat leery to do this. Remember the case of someone deciding to foreclose the property after failed attempts to do HARP or HAMP. I cannot remember the details. The point is that his mortgagor found out about his complaint on this site by identifying the details that he wrote with their resources. They contacted him personally. Just saying...

Girl
Disclaimer
ubermichaelthomas said:   For girls, pics or GTFO. You know the rules.ubermichaelthomas: Ok, here you go!

sideout said:   I'm a tranny so does that count as male and female?sideout: Is this you?

LiquidSilver said:   Seems like an interesting project, I'm in.

On a side note I thought I learned something new while looking at the spreadsheet. I was thinking to myself, "Weird, I never knew there were zip codes with only 4 digits." Took me a minute to realize it was dropping the "0" off the front of the zip code.

Haha well it imported correctly. I changed the column to format as text/

DWooley said:   largeeyes said:   So we are limiting this to US residents?
I second that, otherwise data is incomplete.

I could probably have Other in state and do a free text country field. Let me do some tests to see if the map website would pick that up correctly.

JaxFL said:   Well putting a static age doesn't make any sense, not that its a necessity anyways.

There is a timestamp so I set it up another column to calculate it.

svap said:   pics should be posted too

I can have a field for link to photo and it will show up up on the map...or even a link to your facebook...but I'm pretty sure this wouldn't be the best of ideas with our mature audience...

SUCKISSTAPLES said:   My vote is for Scottsdale early next year

That sounds like a blast. Presidents' Day Weekend would be ideal for me.

I'm sure AlexK would let us rent the girl and golf cart for the night.

I do use BatchGeo all the time, but they do expire after some time (3 months?) unless you make sure you extend it.

Skipping 33 Messages...
First international member? El paso, Mexico (Texas).

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.