• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
This is not one of the best offers out there, but it has value becuase it is not one of the "Big Boys" so can be added to an AOR to gain a little more value. Their average properties seem to be aroun 11,000 a night, and their most desirable ones are 18,000 a night. In my area there is a decent La Quinta near the Providence Airport for 11,000 a night. Also there is a nice one by Foxwoods for 18,000 points, which is a good value during peek times when nearby hotels get expensive.

Can also be redeemed for 7500 points for a 25.00 Amazon GC.

UP TO 4 BONUS FREE NIGHTS
•Up to 2 nights with 20,000 bonus points after first purchase*
•Up to 2 nights with 20,000 more points after $10,000 in total spend within the first 12 billing cycles after account is opened*

AUTOMATIC GOLD STATUS ‡
•Gold Status after first purchase
•20% more points with every stay
•Room upgrade certificates

NO annual fee

LINK:

https://www.firstbankcard.com/laquinta/88735/

Member Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Great deal OP!
Gold status forever?

I don't use New La Quinta. Can I redeem 20,000 bonus points without staying at New La Quinta?

vickh said:   Great deal OP!
Gold status forever?

Thanks!

I believe the status if for as long as you hold the card. I just received card so have not proved this yet though....

As reference I added the benifits of being a Gold member, which includes all the benefits of Silver:

Silver:
Express check-in, late check-out, members-only 800 number, secured account access via the Web, points that never expire as long as you remain active, easy online reward redemption, and special fax rates.

Gold Member:
All Silver Member benefits plus: 20% bonus points per dollar spent, two free room upgrade certificates per year and free faxes (up to 15 pages per fax).

AugustFour said:   I don't use New La Quinta. Can I redeem 20,000 bonus points without staying at New La Quinta?

7500 points can be redeemed for various gift cards at a $25.00 value.

Also they can be transferred to airline miles at 6,000 La Quinta Points for 1,000 miles for most of the major Carriers. Not a great deal, but if you are already doing a AOR it could add a little value....

I got a delayed decision screen saying they would contact me in 2-4 weeks...but I got an approval email today, just one day later. Thanks for passing this on. Its nice to see a hotel card that is not Chase or AMEX!

Neidman said:   I got a delayed decision screen saying they would contact me in 2-4 weeks...but I got an approval email today, just one day later. Thanks for passing this on. Its nice to see a hotel card that is not Chase or AMEX!

or Barclays. The 1 bank that won't give me or wife (800+ scores) credit!

First National Bank of Omaha only sends my wife preapprovals. Maybe I'll try her 1st...

Wife and I both got denied during latest salvo of cc apps. We both got bus. and personal southwest cards, so hello companion passes, but FNB of Omaha has different thoughts. I even had a preapproval letter for a different FNB of Omaha card sitting in front of me when I applied. Not sure I'll bother to call reconsideration; the card isn't that great anyway.

bigdaddycincinnati said:   Wife and I both got denied during latest salvo of cc apps. We both got bus. and personal southwest cards, so hello companion passes, but FNB of Omaha has different thoughts. I even had a preapproval letter for a different FNB of Omaha card sitting in front of me when I applied. Not sure I'll bother to call reconsideration; the card isn't that great anyway.

Give it a shot. You should be able to transfer la Quinta points to SW. Ought to get you the rest of the way to the companion pass. Maybe don't worry about the 2nd 20k

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014