• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
I'm pretty sure my terms and conditions said the 0% was for the first "twelve billing cycles."

Edit: My bad, should have realized you have to click on "apply for a loan" not new account.

I have the card and a BT already. Also met the 1K spending requirements but I dont see anywhere on their website the points being awarded or tracked?

how long does it take for them to deliver the BT? seems like people are saying two weeks.

Update for those who are looking to apply for this card: the promotion has changed in 2013; its only 10k points for $500 spent. Weak.

flyalexair said:   oh wait. you know what.

For those that are interested in putting money into their checking account. its quite easy.

1. Buy Vanilla reloads at your local CVS all on multiple credit cards.
2. Load it up to your BlueBird account
3. Use your alliant credit card balance transfer and pay off the credit cards that you used to pay for the vanilla reloads.
4. Now transfer the balance from your bluebird account into your checking account.
5. TADA

using your Bluebird account to simply funnel funds into a checking account sounds like an easy way to get flagged by AMEX

sloppy1 said:   Can't you read!!!
What part of this don't you understand-
"Points are posted at close of 4th billing cycle."


You are wrong. The 20K points were posted to my account on the statement (the 2nd one) when I had the $1K spend.

Yep, mine posted too.

Got it today. My balance is 0 now. I wonder if the credit can be posted to the card account and request a check over payment for this. Otherwise i have to spend $200.

Redeemed mine for $200 card account credit.
I called requesting a credit balance refund check but they said no since my credit balance was from their point redemption.
So I have to spend it to get it.

Maybe somebody else here will have better luck.

DFW06 said:   Got it today. My balance is 0 now. I wonder if the credit can be posted to the card account and request a check over payment for this. Otherwise i have to spend $200.


Just transfer a balance from another card, you have 0% no fee bt's for 12 months.

Not sure if my case was just a fluke, but something to watch out for - Alliant has not updated my card's balance or payment history in TransUnion since August, shortly after I had done a 0% balance transfer, even though I've been paying it down each month and actually paid it off now. Back then I was near 90% utilization and that balance is still showing in my report today (negatively impacting my score). I initiated an online dispute to the correct balance.

I had opened a no fee HSA with alliant last Summer so they called and offered the credit card. The rewards pretty much suck, you have to use more points to get $200...which can go as a statement credit. However...you can if you have an HSA and a savings account and a credit card...pay yourself from the HSA into the savings..and then use that to pay the credit card.

so you could get the credit card, if you had their HSA, use the card to pay for HSA expense like prescription drugs, or a copay, then reimburse to share account, and transfer to the credit card to pay bill. Not worth it..if you dont need an HSA. But nice if you do.

I did not have to prove my income. But I had an HSA with them. My credit score is nearly perfect....and they called me to offer me the deal.



Clearly this is not the best card offer...but it is free.
Account Credit - $100 is 10,495 Points
Account Credit - $200 is 20,495 Points

They have hotel awards too.

So you could replace you HSA and DEBIT card, with their HSA and Credit card...and get a little something for your trouble.

I did this and I KNOW what I am talking about... I never said it was the best ever deal in the universe...

Wondering how long it's taken for others to get the rewards credit to post? I redeemed on 1/15, it appears to have not credited yet.

brandon032586 said:   Update for those who are looking to apply for this card: the promotion has changed in 2013; its only 10k points for $500 spent. Weak.

I don't see these terms on the card, where do you see the new 2013 offer?

tjguitar85 said:   Wondering how long it's taken for others to get the rewards credit to post? I redeemed on 1/15, it appears to have not credited yet.

I met the spending requirements in DEC, was told by a CSR that points shall be awarded after FEB statement closure.

I already had and redeemedi the points, i was wondering if anyone had the statement credit post yet.

I also redeemed for statement credit on 1/15, nothing showing yet.

CSR told me that redeemed points for statement credit will take about 45 days to post!!!!!!

I e-mailed RewardsHQ, they said the same thing.

Its on the rewards site right where you try to check out...statement credit takes 45 days.

I've got an upcoming large purchase that I'm going to use this card for instead of BT since that will earn rewards points. And then pay minimum until 0% expires and then payoff on the last day.

Any tips on how best to liquidate the rewards? I have 21,000 points, and the rewards site indicates that it takes 20,495 points to redeem a $200 statement credit (basically charging a $4.95 fee). Is this the best redemption value? Anyone found anything better?

Also, since it supposedly takes 45 days for the statement credit to post, I'm thinking it'd be better to redeem the credit first, and then charge $200 to the card only after the credit posts (instead of charging the card first and then redeeming the credit). Any thoughts from anyone else?

My $200 credited on 2/11, so it did not take 45 days, but just under 30.

A minor problem is what to do with small numbers of points.

I (and I suspect others) got the card and did $1,000 in spending, earning us 21,000 points. Since they seem to charge 495 points on most gift card and statement credit redemption, the true earnings rate is slightly less than $.01 in value per $1.00 of spending. This is sufficiently below what other cards provide that the card will be little used in the future for purchases. (I can see using it in special circumstances for balance transfers, since there is no balance transfer fee). The best redemption seemed to be for a statement credit, which took up 20,495 points. This left 505 points.

Normally such odd amount would just be left and I would expect in the future to earn enough points for another redemption. However, I do not expect much future spending on the card (although they may some day run a promotion to get the cards to be used again).

I did notice the points can be redeemed for books and videos. There is a way to sort from low to high in points price, and fortunately there are several items available for less than 505 points (and possibly a little more if you ended up with more points, or wanted to spend a little extra to be able to afford something slightly more expensive).

I found several items of some value and chose a DVD of TV cartoons. There was also a Sponge Bob sticker book, and a Mega Piranha DVD, which judging from the Amazon Reviews has the virtue of being so bad, it is good.

ProfessorEd said:   A minor problem is what to do with small numbers of points.

I (and I suspect others) got the card and did $1,000 in spending, earning us 21,000 points. Since they seem to charge 495 points on most gift card and statement credit redemption, the true earnings rate is slightly less than $.01 in value per $1.00 of spending. This is sufficiently below what other cards provide that the card will be little used in the future for purchases. (I can see using it in special circumstances for balance transfers, since there is no balance transfer fee). The best redemption seemed to be for a statement credit, which took up 20,495 points. This left 505 points.

Normally such odd amount would just be left and I would expect in the future to earn enough points for another redemption. However, I do not expect much future spending on the card (although they may some day run a promotion to get the cards to be used again).

I did notice the points can be redeemed for books and videos. There is a way to sort from low to high in points price, and fortunately there are several items available for less than 505 points (and possibly a little more if you ended up with more points, or wanted to spend a little extra to be able to afford something slightly more expensive).

I found several items of some value and chose a DVD of TV cartoons. There was also a Sponge Bob sticker book, and a Mega Piranha DVD, which judging from the Amazon Reviews has the virtue of being so bad, it is good.


One reason to keep using this card is the unpublicized offers that you need to activate through the rewards account each month. This month they are:

Ann Taylor
15 points per dollar

Barnes & Noble
10 points per dollar

Gymboree
20 points per dollar

Sports Authority
20 points per dollar

Starbucks
15 points per dollar

Trader Joe's
10 points per dollar

Urban Outfitters
10 points per dollar

The Vitamin Shoppe
20 points per dollar


11% Cash Back at Trader Joe's and 16% at Starbucks is pretty good, though -- of course -- these change every month.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014