• Go to page :
  • 12 3 45
  • Text Only
Mailman said:   unnamedny said:   and nobody mentioned apple products.... that's sad....
Actually, hkgfnt did mention the Lisa and the Mac earlier in the thread...


I'm actually too young to know what he meant, my mistake.

miqie said:   CptSavAHo said:   Two biggest bills I've ever run up was dinner for 4 on Christmas Eve at French Laundry, $6800 including tip. Food was ~$950/person and wine was very reasonable, same as retail. Tip was included in the bill. Second was $6200 in Vegas at the opening night of Surrender at Encore. It doesn't sound that bad, but $6200 was the tip on the bill after the casino comped the entire check of $34,000.
Why the freak do you hang out on FW? Oh, I get it, you save so much money through FW, that you can splurge like that.
I want to know how much money they gave to the Casino that management would happily comp a $34k dinner bill.

Not uncommon for many young Asian gamblers .

Paying Green Energy Surcharge to the gas, power and water company every month...I do no know what they do that with money. They always complain that they need more!

$1.51 on a costco dog.

nothingevertodo said:   Surprised nobody is discussing weddings.

We don't buy here, we rent.

Isnt paying for a wedding the opposite of sinful ways to spend money ?? you're making her an "honest woman"

(not that I believe any of that BS , but that's the old saying)

rlaw said:   nothingevertodo said:   Surprised nobody is discussing weddings.

We don't buy here, we rent.


If it flies, floats, or f****.

I spent $50 on mystery boxes off the internet. After ordering them I felt like an idiot.

cognoscube said:   Paying Green Energy Surcharge to the gas, power and water company every month...I do no know what they do that with money. They always complain that they need more!

May as well add the "Universal Service Fund" (USF)tax on my cell and home phone bills to help people living in rural area to have better access to telecommunication plus multiple 911 surcharges by city, state and bunch of other agencies.

jimates said:   bjy20716 said:   I paid $1600 for a 42" HDTV in 2007. Now they are $200-$400.I remember buying a CD burner for my computer in 1998 for $400.

NEC external SCSI CD-ROM reader cost me $900 in 1993. But then again the 486/DX2 66MHz computer it was purchased for cost near $3000. But at least it gave me some fun times with Wing Commander 2, its expansion packs, X-Wing, Tie Fighter, Doom 2.

Al3xK said:   I spent $50 on mystery boxes off the internet. After ordering them I felt like an idiot.
Sounds like you got more out of them than most buyers... A lesson like that for $50 is cheap.

unnamedny said:   Mailman said:   unnamedny said:   and nobody mentioned apple products.... that's sad....
Actually, hkgfnt did mention the Lisa and the Mac earlier in the thread...


I'm actually too young to know what he meant, my mistake.


Just to confuse you further. This old man also paid $700 for a 640K Apple Newton PDA in 1993 and still got no lipstick mark for it either.

Mailman said:   unnamedny said:   and nobody mentioned apple products.... that's sad....
Actually, hkgfnt did mention the Lisa and the Mac earlier in the thread...


Current Apple users don't know that Lisa and Mac are Apple as well. They seem to only know that "apple is shiny ans a big screen..."

hkgfnt said:   unnamedny said:   Mailman said:   unnamedny said:   and nobody mentioned apple products.... that's sad....
Actually, hkgfnt did mention the Lisa and the Mac earlier in the thread...


I'm actually too young to know what he meant, my mistake.


Just to confuse you further. This old man also paid $700 for a 640K Apple Newton PDA in 1993 and still got no lipstick mark for it either.


You could probably resell it for $7k if you kept it in the box unused.

Spent $18k on a watch about a year ago

ubermichaelthomas said:   jtroye32 said:   I remember getting an 8x Plextor burner in high school for over $800 and then, being the only one having one for 2 or 3 years, making a few thousand burning mixes for people. Those were the days.

The MPAA may have a few questions for you.


The law has a statue of limitations, the internet does not:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/08/tiffani-webb-new-york-h...

Don't apply for a job that does a background check or run for office., or this thread might come back and bite you.

SUCKISSTAPLES said:   larrymoencurly said:   Bulletproofing a car.or travel into Mexico ? What level armoring ? I'm looking to get a b6/b7 rated MercedesRough neighborhood, near John McCain's church. The armoring is supposed to be better than the factory option BMW was offering for $2,500 on the 7 series or the kit 3M is offering for more. It added enough weight to smooth out the ride, which the car needed.

macosx said:   ubermichaelthomas said:   jtroye32 said:   I remember getting an 8x Plextor burner in high school for over $800 and then, being the only one having one for 2 or 3 years, making a few thousand burning mixes for people. Those were the days.

The MPAA may have a few questions for you.


The law has a statue of limitations, the internet does not:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/08/tiffani-webb-new-york-h...

Don't apply for a job that does a background check or run for office., or this thread might come back and bite you.


I think the word is statute of limitations. Not a sculpture of limitations

nothingevertodo said:   Surprised nobody is discussing weddings.

Paid around 38K on our wedding... that's most sinful amount I spent so far.

yaijic said:   bippie said:   Recently spent $1,100 on dinner for two with wine pairings at Alinea in Chicago. Amazing experience and I've no regrets about this luxury. I now understand why this is often listed as the best restaurant in the USA and one of the top 10 in the world.I'm wanting to go there for my upcoming 35th birthday. I think you just sealed the deal for me. Please tell me more about it. Either on here or on pm.Been there... worth the money. Want the full tasting menu (~25 courses) and the wine pairings? Multiply the above figure by about 2. Just be sure to ask the waiter/presenter to tell you when the wine flights are "obsolete" (aka how many courses) or else you will end up with a table covered with half-full wine glasses.

cognoscube said:   Paying Green Energy Surcharge to the gas, power and water company every month...I do no know what they do that with money. They always complain that they need more!Young Asian gamblers are also a key demographic in my business. Usually as named defendants in civil fraud and embezzlement cases.

Crazytree said:   miqie said:   CptSavAHo said:   Two biggest bills I've ever run up was dinner for 4 on Christmas Eve at French Laundry, $6800 including tip. Food was ~$950/person and wine was very reasonable, same as retail. Tip was included in the bill. Second was $6200 in Vegas at the opening night of Surrender at Encore. It doesn't sound that bad, but $6200 was the tip on the bill after the casino comped the entire check of $34,000.
Why the freak do you hang out on FW? Oh, I get it, you save so much money through FW, that you can splurge like that.
I want to know how much money they gave to the Casino that management would happily comp a $34k dinner bill.


In Vegas its more about who you know than how much you spend. Its definitely the case for the group of friends that goes every year. We all used to live there and have friends at various levels of upper management in different properties, mostly MGM and Wynn/Encore. I will say that even for only $6200 with all the damage we did, I wouldn't have considered it worth it. The room at Skylofts and the transport in Maybachs for free is way better than racking up a ludicrous bar tab. This last summer we toned it down a lot with the bar tabs, our totals were under $6500 a day, so roughly $700 in tips a day depending on where we were.

Also definitely not Asian.

50 K for a bachelors degree 6 years ago, and still working the same low paying job that doesn't require one.

unnamedny said:   bjy20716 said:   I paid $1600 for a 42" HDTV in 2007. Now they are $200-$400.

I paid $550 on 17'' LCD monitor in 2001 now you can find one on the side of the streets =)


Wow. You got a good deal! I bought 2 17" Samsung LCD screens for a dual monitor setup and it cost me $2,800! This was 2000. Outpost.com so I got free shipping and no tax. Yeah baby!

I guess I don't splurge like you guys. Most I have ever spend on was my couch for $1000 and I barely even sit in it

They now tell you how many courses each wine covers when you order the pairings at Alinea.

How much was the rental?? That looks sick. ETA: I see someone already asked, oops. In that case, I'll throw my own in there - bottle service when I could definitely not afford it. The $200-300 or whatever it was doesn't seem like much now, but at the time it was definitely decadent.

Lappie said:   Rented in Vegas, just last week..

We got a mispriced deal through Vegas.com to drive a 458, gallardo spider, and jaguar - usually it's about $700 pp but we got it for $250



http://www.photobucket.com/albums/v644/fwfinance/0DC5DB09-482B-4FAB-9BCA-5A1AFC956F46-129-0000002DF10E7B3B.jpg

Back in the dot com days I had to write a check to the Feds for $68,000 for my stock trading that year. Cried all the way to the post office.

macosx said:   ubermichaelthomas said:   jtroye32 said:   I remember getting an 8x Plextor burner in high school for over $800 and then, being the only one having one for 2 or 3 years, making a few thousand burning mixes for people. Those were the days.

The MPAA may have a few questions for you.


The law has a statue of limitations, the internet does not:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/08/tiffani-webb-new-york-h...

Don't apply for a job that does a background check or run for office., or this thread might come back and bite you.


I didn't know burning mixes of people's cat pictures was illegal

$2000 and counting to fly and entertain a woman I met online to NYC for a week. Maybe I'll get lucky.

Crazytree said:   Young Asian gamblers are also a key demographic in my business. Usually as named defendants in civil fraud and embezzlement cases.

They generally fall into two categories and I am generalizing here:

1. Have a lot of corrupted money from Daddies and Mommies with high positions as comrades in Mainland China, or...

2. A high percentage of gambling addiction amongst Asian immigrants who work long hours and seem to enjoy the casinos and the make-believed fantasy while splurging at the table. They never tell me about their losses and only about their free meals and hotel rooms. I know of at least two persons that lost their restaurants to the casinos.

I'm a huge NY Giants fan and I was going to go to Super Bowl 46. I won't get into details as I made some colossal mistakes but all told the trip cost me $5700.

Worth it, thankfully they won.

The large 5 figure check I had to write to the taxman when an ISO exercise triggered the AMT. Owing taxes even when I haven't made/earned a penny is sinful.

$194,500 on a house in Florida in 2005 ... nice house ... sinful for the BANK !!! LoL

$170k on current car, but most sinful was probably the $30k I spent on Supercharging last car, but I paid for that with my unemployment money

RS4Rings said:   $170k on current car, but most sinful was probably the $30k I spent on Supercharging last car, but I paid for that with my unemployment money
What's your current one ? Got rid of the r8?

RS4Rings said:   $170k on current car, but most sinful was probably the $30k I spent on Supercharging last car, but I paid for that with my unemployment moneyHow much were you spending on the pills and punani?

larrymoencurly said:   SUCKISSTAPLES said:   larrymoencurly said:   Bulletproofing a car.or travel into Mexico ? What level armoring ? I'm looking to get a b6/b7 rated MercedesRough neighborhood, near John McCain's church. The armoring is supposed to be better than the factory option BMW was offering for $2,500 on the 7 series or the kit 3M is offering for more. It added enough weight to smooth out the ride, which the car needed.I have a client who bullet-proofed a car... and the whole kit with glass was somewhere in the $25k range and added a half-ton to the curb weight.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014